Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Corruption in RI (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=70723)

179 04-27-2011 01:20 PM

Corruption in RI

Today I decided to read the Projo online something I do every few weeks and was shocked to read about two differant corruption stories that I have some ties to.

The first was Robert Ciresi found guilty of offering a $25,000.00 bribe. I worked several years with his son Bobby.
Ciresi guilty on all counts | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

The second was a 20 million-dollar kickback scandal at the Newport Naval Base and defense contractor Advanced Solutions for Tomorrow in Middletown. I interviewed for a position there a little over a year ago and we were 15k away from reaching agreement on salary.
Navy sanctions center over scandal | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

I am just amazed at the level of corruption that goes on in this state day in and day out.

Nebe 04-27-2011 01:44 PM

This state is a joke.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnnyD 04-27-2011 02:06 PM

Amazed by the corruption? I thought it was pretty well known and widely accepted throughout the state. I'm sure things like this happen quite frequently in other places but few states (aside from Florida and RI) seem to be as openly accepting of the practices.

mosholu 04-27-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 854547)
Amazed by the corruption? I thought it was pretty well known and widely accepted throughout the state. I'm sure things like this happen quite frequently in other places but few states (aside from Florida and RI) seem to be as openly accepting of the practices.

I do not know if it will make you feel any better but have a read of The Soprano State by Bob Ingle regarding New Jersey. Just unreal!

JohnnyD 04-27-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosholu (Post 854555)
I do not know if it will make you feel any better but have a read of The Soprano State by Bob Ingle regarding New Jersey. Just unreal!

Gah... forgot about NJ. Never read the book, but I'll take a look. Thanks for the suggestion.

JohnR 04-27-2011 03:48 PM

Ahhh, wait til the Ciccilne investigation starts going. Probably not bribes but corrupt nonetheless.

Yet we continue to see these people elected.

Jackbass 04-27-2011 03:50 PM

You got nothing on MA. At least in RI corruption results in things like down town Providence
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 04-27-2011 04:38 PM

I grew up in Mass, when I came to RI I saw a state that slightly edges out Mass...

spence 04-27-2011 05:52 PM

Not sure we can compare with NJ and NY.

Don't think there's corruption in Texas?

Anywhere there's money...there's corruption.

-spence

JohnR 04-27-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 854602)

-spence

Corruption all over. Guess it really is more who one's in bed with. Old Money, Organized Crime, Corporate America, etc. Still doesn't mean it should be condoned.

basswipe 04-27-2011 07:44 PM

No worries guys.Stinc has us taken care of.

Lower and broaden...............AND TAX EVERYTHING UNDER THE #^&#^&#^&#^&ING SUN!!!!!!!

A winning strategy that will save us all:wall:TAX TAX TAX TAX AND MORE TAX!

basswipe 04-27-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 854602)

-spence

Except where Barack has ever been.....Illinois(Chicago) is the model we should all mold ourselves after.:hs::yak5::biglaugh: