Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Jack's Abbey (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88172)

DZ 04-01-2015 11:15 AM

Jack's Abbey

Jack's Abbey brewing just announced their beer will now be available in RI and they are attending the Newport Craft Beer Festival on May 9th. Anything good?

PRBuzz 04-01-2015 12:19 PM

Haven't found one of the line that I really don't like, the Mass Rising Double IPL, Kiwi Rising double IPL, the Hoponius Union IPA, Smoke&Dager Black lager, barrel aged Framinghammers, etc. You see my bias....haven't tried many others.

Clogston29 04-01-2015 04:38 PM

What he said. I love all the ipl and double ipl offerings. TrIPL is amazing but tough to get.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

rphud 04-03-2015 08:33 AM

I think Smoke and Dagger is still my fav, but they do some many know I am way behind. S&D just seems to be different than most other beers out there. Hoponius Union is nice and a bit different as well.

The Dad Fisherman 04-03-2015 09:25 AM

I'm a big fan of their Kiwi Rising....I've liked most of the beers I've had by them. Wasn't a big fan of their Rauchbier, name escapes me.

PRBuzz 04-09-2015 05:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Spent the afternoon at the tasting room, nice during the week maybe 6 people not packed shoulder-to-shoulder like on weekends.

Had 5 different samples: BA Framinghammer, Coffee BA Framinghammer, Vanilla BA Framinghammer, cask Hoponicus+various citrus, Triple IPL.

Very surprising (OK maybe not) the enjoyment mattered on the order sampled. My favorites of the day were the Coffee BA Framinghammer and the TriIPL. I think the Coffee was better than the Founder's KBS? I will confirm with a side-by-side here at home since I have 3 bottle of the KBS and 2 bottles of the Coffee BA Framinghammer. :)

4 glass: top L = Coffee, top R = Vanilla, bottom L= BA Framinghammer, bottom R = cask Hoponicus

TriIPL is the single galss in front of sign

Clogston29 04-09-2015 06:00 PM

Did they have bottles of tripl? Tempting to find a reason to head that direction for work tomorrow.

PRBuzz 04-09-2015 06:31 PM

If I remember only growlers of the TriIPL

Clogston29 04-09-2015 07:12 PM

Thanks

Clogston29 04-24-2015 05:55 PM

got some coffee framinghammer for tonight.

Nebe 10-30-2015 05:17 PM

Enjoying a 6er of the IPL. REALLY GOOD!!!!!

Dennis- go down to the bridge, they are well stocked with everything.

fishbones 11-16-2015 01:18 PM

I had the Mass Rising while watching the game yesterday. I wish I had picked up more than a 4 pack when I was beer shopping.

Higgie 11-16-2015 02:03 PM

Get your hands on the kiwi rising

fishbones 11-16-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1086491)
Get your hands on the kiwi rising

I'll have to grab that next time. They had a rep at Wines and More on Saturday when I picked up the mass rising who also recommended the kiwi rising. I'm guessing they don't have it on tap at the Catman, though.

Clogston29 11-16-2015 03:59 PM

kiwi rising is my favorite of their beers.

trIPL is great too, but it will knock you out.

Higgie 11-16-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1086492)
I'll have to grab that next time. They had a rep at Wines and More on Saturday when I picked up the mass rising who also recommended the kiwi rising. I'm guessing they don't have it on tap at the Catman, though.

No but the Catman does have wachusett on tap. Try pops in your neck of the woods. I find they carry more hard to get stuff than wines and more

fishbones 11-16-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgie (Post 1086499)
No but the Catman does have wachusett on tap. Try pops in your neck of the woods. I find they carry more hard to get stuff than wines and more

Yeah, Pops has a great selection and will order something if they don't have it. It's one of the only local places I've been able to buy Lunch by ME Beer Co.

The Dad Fisherman 11-16-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clogston29 (Post 1086495)
kiwi rising is my favorite of their beers.

trIPL is great too, but it will knock you out.

Just picked up the trIPL this past weekend.....haven't opened it yet. Had too many choices this weekend :hee:

The Dad Fisherman 11-19-2015 09:43 PM

Just cracked the TrIPL......I like it better than the Kiwi Rising.....and hides that 10% ABV really well......very dangerous beer.