Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   RM Smith Lures (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Plug Pics (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=47810)

Labrador1 03-19-2008 08:58 PM

Plug Pics

1 Attachment(s)
Plugs heading east. M&D's (Cape Cod Tackle) is having their spring sale over the next couple weekends. These are on the way to Mike's shop along with a few others. Best of luck with the spring sale Mike!

mikecc 03-20-2008 08:13 AM

looking good L1

Again thank you.

Mike

J_T_R 03-20-2008 10:44 AM

OOOOh Baby!

zimmy 03-20-2008 11:01 AM

that blue and white jointed is ridiculous. Art that catches fish. really nice. Any coming to CT anytime?

Mr. Sandman 03-20-2008 12:13 PM

when is that sale? I will come back to "america" to pick up a few.

MVbluefish 03-20-2008 01:05 PM

Me too!!!!

FredS 03-20-2008 06:12 PM

Great stuff--love CC but a bit far for walk in only--any NY shops in the near future??

Labrador1 03-20-2008 07:12 PM

I have a list of shops that have inquired - but I am trying very hard not to add any more until I can make myself a little more efficient. Since day one I have made an effort not to overextend myself because it only causes problems in the long run. If anyone ever has questions about shops I deal with - or the closest location please feel free to PM me. I don't think there is anyone currently in stock at the moment - and I don't want to take away from the spring sale at M&D's. PM me anytime.

Ryan

texican 03-20-2008 08:42 PM

I love that pink scaled :kewl:! Hopefully it will be there when I get there.

Swimmer 03-23-2008 11:08 AM

I received a plug in the mail last week. When I opened the package my wife asked me what it was I bought. Her reply was you dont have enough allready. I just smiled. NO i DONT AND IN THIS POST PICS i SEE TWO MORE i WANT.

tattoobob 03-23-2008 12:18 PM

I want to know when we will get to see some of those Needles
I really want to test some of those, Parrot, lime green/white
olive/ silver to name a few

Adam_777 03-23-2008 08:04 PM

Nice looking plugs man.I didn't see you on the list for the risaa show.It would have been nice to meet you in person.I second the needles thing man.Send some to Joe for me.Havent seen any in RI .

Labrador1 03-23-2008 08:21 PM

Thanks folks! The needles will come as soon as I can do them right/efficiently. I've made them for a long time but chose not to sell them for various reasons until now. I did a batch before the Asbury show to force me to start working out the bugs with respect to production. I am a small shop so it is often a challenge to move a certain plug into production mode - but I am pretty close at this point and greatly appreciate knowing that there are people out there who have an interest in giving them a shot!

titan 03-24-2008 07:31 PM

How do those needles ride in the water? Can you tell us a little more about them, size, weight, etc.? Thanks.

saltydog 03-25-2008 08:05 PM

Labrador1, I would like to thank you for the shipment you sent to M&D'S Ive been trying to buy one for over a YEAR, it a 96 mile ride to mike's an I made it just in time,now I have 2. thank you, hope you send more will be lookin.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

Labrador1 03-30-2008 09:10 PM

Saltydog - I'm very happy you got some of what you are looking for - and hope that all the plugs found good homes. As for the needle questions - very soon I'll post a little information about them in a separate thread. Not trying to keep any secrets or anything - but just figured that I'd wait until I have some done and ready to go out - and can take a picture and give all that stats at that point. Hope that is ok.

Ryan

cow tamer 03-31-2008 05:51 AM

Ryan,
As always, well worth the wait.

tattoobob 03-31-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labrador1 (Post 578282)
Saltydog - I'm very happy you got some of what you are looking for - and hope that all the plugs found good homes. As for the needle questions - very soon I'll post a little information about them in a separate thread. Not trying to keep any secrets or anything - but just figured that I'd wait until I have some done and ready to go out - and can take a picture and give all that stats at that point. Hope that is ok.

Ryan

Can't wait, I hope we can get our hands on them before the hoarders do

stripermagnet 03-31-2008 06:24 PM

are these going to be at the RI show

Labrador1 04-01-2008 10:05 PM

Unfortunately I will not be at the RI show - I really wish I could because I think that show is nothing short of fantastic. Lots of good plugs to be had though - Habs Jr, PJJ, Salty, BigFish, AH (I assume) etc. I am a pretty small shop - growing every day but still small and would not have been able to produce enough to make the RISSA show a viable option for me. Maybe next year - but until then - there will be loads of good wood available at that show - truly quality stuff and I hope you'll pay all those guys a visit - particularly those who also support this site.

Tagger 04-03-2008 04:03 PM

Ryan plugs look great as always .. I know making jointed plugs is a pia.. like making 2 plugs .. I'd rather buy yours than make my own .. pissa paint ...