Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Movies, Classics to Less than Normal (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   A Christmas Story Sequel (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=78797)

WESTPORTMAFIA 08-14-2012 10:22 PM

A Christmas Story Sequel

I can't believe they are attempting this. I live all year only to watch X-MAS story for 24 hours half in the bag while the in-laws bitch about it. And when they bitch I turn it LOUDER. The channel goes unchanged. My Pj's go on when it starts and don't come off until it's done. It has been a big part of Christmas since I was 5 and brings back so many good x-mas memories. I think the sequel is going to be more of a low budget joke than anything else. And GFY if you don't like a X-MAS story. It's better than Jesus.

fishbones 08-14-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WESTPORTMAFIA (Post 953892)
#^&And GFY if you don't like a X-MAS story. It's better than Jesus.

Are you talking about my landscaping guy or do you know someone else with that name? Reason I'm asking is because Jesus is good with the mowing, but his edging and weed wacking is pretty crappy. I wouldn't even put him in the same discussion as A Christmas Story. That movie's a true classic.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA 08-14-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 953894)
Are you talking about my landscaping guy or do you know someone else with that name? Reason I'm asking is because Jesus is good with the mowing, but his edging and weed wacking is pretty crappy. I wouldn't even put him in the same discussion as A Christmas Story. That movie's a true classic.

HEEEEEYSOOOOOOOS:)

The Dad Fisherman 08-15-2012 05:20 AM

They already made a sequel....and it was terrible.....I mean really, Charles Grodin.....Ugh!

It Runs in the Family (1994 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bronko 08-15-2012 06:27 AM

I love it. Always a 50/50 split between those that love it and hate it. Makes for some great laughs when the arguments break out over turning the channel.

BigFish 08-15-2012 06:29 AM

It is guaranteed to suck! I will put my video copy right next to Avatar and never watch it!!

spence 08-15-2012 05:24 PM

One time as a kid I watched the entire thing backwards on VCR. The BB gun scene was great in reverse.

-spence

RIJIMMY 08-16-2012 12:26 PM

the best part of the movie is how my view has changed. I used to watch it from Ralphies point of view, now I watch it from the parents point of view and its even funnier.

The Dad Fisherman 08-16-2012 02:49 PM

Straight to video.....

?A Christmas Story 2? goes straight to DVD | Movie Talk - Yahoo! Movies