Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Muzik (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Super Score!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=80912)

Jackbass 01-28-2013 10:39 AM

Super Score!!

So recently due to my lack of time and being able to do loud things at night. I decided to trade in my electric for a nice acoustic. Off I go to guitar center with my Hamer Duotone I have had for many years. It served me well but at this stage in my life playing it through a 70w stage amp is not popular at my house. I leave it with the guy and go look at acoustic rigs.

He comes to me about thirty minutes later and explains to me that based on the serial number and lack of tone hole my guitar , the electric, was a factory prototype. Has collectible value. Ok I bought it 10 years ago for 425 dollars at a music go round. It is now valued at 1200 for trade in. So I got a freaking Martin lol! Awesome acoustic cut away with on board electronics I have always wanted a Martin or Taylor now I have one unreal story. So stoked

fishbones 01-28-2013 01:17 PM

Damn, I should have bought it when you had it for sale in the classifieds for $250, lol. Congrats on the new one!

Hookedagain 01-28-2013 02:48 PM

Nice score JB....hope the Martin serves you well.

Nebe 01-28-2013 02:53 PM

Right on!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ProfessorM 01-28-2013 05:46 PM

My uncle has had a Martin he bought 35 plus years ago. The sound, tone is so sweet it is beyond description. Think he paid like 1500 bucks. Congrats. P

spence 01-28-2013 05:49 PM

That is a nice surprise.

Where did you get it?

striperman36 01-28-2013 07:01 PM

don't wake the wimmen

Slingah 01-28-2013 07:12 PM

nice score...

Jackbass 01-28-2013 07:42 PM

I always though the hamer was Korean due to a lack of marking and the fact that it had no tone hole and an odd serial number.

The Martin I bought is no vintage guitar but it does sound sweet. And it is by far the nicest playing guitar I have ever owned.

Spence I got it at guitar center they were running a trade in special where if you traded in and bought something they gave you an additional 15%

spence 01-28-2013 07:45 PM

No, where did you get the Hamer?

Jackbass 01-28-2013 08:04 PM

I got it at a pawn shop that ironically went out of business

sokinwet 01-29-2013 10:51 AM

Should have kept the Hamer & sold the amp. Could have picked up a nice 5 watt tube amp or Pod and an acoustic. Guitars are like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just 1!

Jackbass 01-29-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sokinwet (Post 982365)
Should have kept the Hamer & sold the amp. Could have picked up a nice 5 watt tube amp or Pod and an acoustic. Guitars are like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just 1!

I hear you the herd has been thinned significantly since the days when I had all the time in the world to play. Just getting back into it after a little hiatus. Eventually the Amp will be replaced along with the rack and replaced with something more modern. At one time I had two strats (one Mexican) a les Paul the hamer and two takamine's times and priorities have changed. I now collect fishing gear lol

ProfessorM 01-29-2013 08:17 PM

one of my favorite players of Martin. Luv the tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBJNaPYfEg

Tony's Guitar and Discography

Jackbass 02-03-2013 01:19 PM

It's unbelievable how an instrument encourages playing. I have owned the guitar for a week and I think about playing it constantly. I have been practicing scales and transitions all week. Trying to redevelop the muscle memory I once had. I barely play any type of a song. Just scale patterns and chord shapes. Trying to stay focused on the fundamentals I ignored in my youth. Well hopefully six months of practice will have it singing for me. I haven't even plugged it in yet. Zero need