Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Guys, Obama is too hard on BP. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=64009)

likwid 05-21-2010 05:58 PM

Guys, Obama is too hard on BP.

"What I don't like from the president's administration is this sort of, 'I'll put my boot heel on the throat of BP,'" he said in an interview with "Good Morning America." "I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business." -Rand Paul

Seriously. Businesses should be able to ruin whatever the hell they want.

F@#$king douche.

Nebe 05-21-2010 06:00 PM

I concur

Raven 05-22-2010 05:25 AM

Gestapo boot heel

Realistic 05-22-2010 09:04 AM

"Gestapo boot heel", exactly what I was thinking, given other things this admin has done.
I believe that secretly Obama is happy about this catrastophe with BP because it lets him back away from "exploring more drilling" off shore.

Nebe 05-22-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realistic (Post 769139)
"Gestapo boot heel", exactly what I was thinking, given other things this admin has done.
I believe that secretly Obama is happy about this catrastophe with BP because it lets him back away from "exploring more drilling" off shore.

if this is the catalyst that pushes us closer to greener energy, then so be it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 05-22-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Realistic (Post 769139)

Yea, like Bush was secretly giddy over 9/11 so he could invade Iraq and take all the oil.

BBBWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

-spence

likwid 05-22-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 769144)

They should just start getting fined every single day the well keeps spewing oil.

Deficit: fixed.

Realistic 05-22-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 769144)

Green energy, such as? Can you tell me what everybody will agree to to achieve green energy?
Maybe we should look at CCX, a company that Al Gore has invested in.
Chicago Climate Exchange

Nebe 05-22-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 769146)
Yea, like Bush was secretly giddy over 9/11 so he could invade Iraq and take all the oil.

BBBWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

-spence

actually. China was really happy. We invaded and they got the first dubs at the oil.

justplugit 05-22-2010 01:26 PM

Let's see how good he is on "putting the heel of his boot onthe throats" of
Kim Jung IL and Ahmadinejad.

Joe 05-22-2010 01:35 PM

Yeah! F-the 12.5 unemployment, let's have two more wars!

justplugit 05-22-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 769175)
Yeah! F-the 12.5 unemployment, let's have two more wars!

I'm not for war, but it's a lot easier to "sound tough" on puttin your foot on the throat of BP
then on the bigger problems like nuclear proliferation,
and I'll include unemployment, economy and the deficit too.

Joe 05-22-2010 04:50 PM

Cut the head off one BP exec a day until the leak stops.

spence 05-22-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 769195)
Cut the head off one BP exec a day until the leak stops.

I think they have pretty good incentive to stop the leak. For us it's an environmental disaster...for BP it's like the well is bleeding shareholder value.

-spence

likwid 05-22-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 769174)
Let's see how good he is on "putting the heel of his boot onthe throats" of
Kim Jung IL and Ahmadinejad.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...9486469128.jpg

Nebe 05-22-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 769209)

OHHH FERRY FUNNIE!!!

justplugit 05-22-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 769209)

Now be nice, that's not becoming to a young know it all. :doh: :)

likwid 05-22-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 769215)
OHHH FERRY FUNNIE!!!

:hihi:

Swimmer 05-23-2010 11:12 AM

I more than a little pissed t hat Obama hasn't taken over the cleanup. Hasn't placed the head of the coast guard in charge of cleaning it up and freeze every god damn asset that BP has. BP made a 6 billion dollar profit the 1st quarter.

spence 05-23-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 769265)
I more than a little pissed t hat Obama hasn't taken over the cleanup. Hasn't placed the head of the coast guard in charge of cleaning it up and freeze every god damn asset that BP has. BP made a 6 billion dollar profit the 1st quarter.

I don't think there's much the Federal Government can do, aside from run the surface activities which I believe the Coast Guard has been leading for some time now.

It's BP who has the undersea equipment and expertise to work the problem. This is happening 5000 feet under water after all.

-spence

Swimmer 05-23-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 769287)
I don't think there's much the Federal Government can do, aside from run the surface activities which I believe the Coast Guard has been leading for some time now.

It's BP who has the undersea equipment and expertise to work the problem. This is happening 5000 feet under water after all.

-spence

They should be working harder to contain and clean up what has allready spilled. IF THAT TAKES MEMBERS OF OUR ARMED FORCES SO BE IT. Our coastline is our most cherished resource. And he isn't being strong enough or pro active enough to light a big enough fire under those who are in charge. Jesus he took over the biggest banks in the world and everybody stood aside and let him do it. They should have ships and containers s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g the oil out of the ocean, and I dont mean tomorrow.

Joe 05-24-2010 05:26 AM

I agree. Disaster readiness and oversight to prevent future catastrophes is a public sector responsibility. While the private sector provides employment and necessities, it's unrealistic to expect them to do business in a manner that is in the best interests of the public when their primary focus is profitability.
That said, I'm sure BP regrets the incident more than anyone.

buckman 05-24-2010 05:09 PM

Lets just say this is Obama's feared 3am call that Hillary warned us about. Jack boot? He hasn't done jack sh$t. The only thing they have done "since day one" is tell us they were on the case "since day one" I agree with Spence that BP should be stopping the leak. However, has there been a meeting with all the "big oil companies" to pool resources and fix this thing? Shell, Exxon? I have a feeling that BP won't stop this leak until the new well is drilled. What we see here are stall tactics. If they stop the leak no well would be allowed to open. Follow the $$$$ and it will stop at the White House

Joe 05-24-2010 05:27 PM

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/20...an-Posters.jpg
Only Aquaman can save us now.

RIROCKHOUND 05-24-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 769506)
Lets just say this is Obama's feared 3am call that Hillary warned us about. Jack boot? He hasn't done jack sh$t. The only thing they have done "since day one" is tell us they were on the case "since day one" I agree with Spence that BP should be stopping the leak. However, has there been a meeting with all the "big oil companies" to pool resources and fix this thing? Shell, Exxon? I have a feeling that BP won't stop this leak until the new well is drilled. What we see here are stall tactics. If they stop the leak no well would be allowed to open. Follow the $$$$ and it will stop at the White House

Buckman:

One of the talking heads was interviewing someone last week.
Apparently, the other kids have offered their toys (shell, exxon, etc) but BP doesn't want to play nice.

He was speculating b/c it will further point to how inept this whole process was...

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: BP Oil Spill Cold Open

buckman 05-24-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 769517)
Buckman:

One of the talking heads was interviewing someone last week.
Apparently, the other kids have offered their toys (shell, exxon, etc) but BP doesn't want to play nice.

He was speculating b/c it will further point to how inept this whole process was...

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: BP Oil Spill Cold Open

If that's the case then there should be some stiff jail time coming for anyone involved. Don't hold your breath though.:fury:

JohnnyD 05-24-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 769506)

Accusing the White House of being in bed with big oil is so, like... 2007.

This place was starting to stink of rationality and sense... welcome back buckman and thanks for setting things back to normal.:jester:

buckman 05-25-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 769610)

This place was starting to stink of rationality and sense... welcome back buckman and thanks for setting things back to normal.:jester:

I wonder what you and the others would be saying if it was like....2007:rotf2:

Raven 05-25-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 769610)

Hemp has no thc drug in it ...yet it is the answer to bio fuel
and that is directly linked to the white house and being illegal to grow.

likwid 05-25-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 769653)
I wonder what you and the others would be saying if it was like....2007:rotf2:

What would they be saying?
The truth, since it was well known and publicized both Bush and Cheney had deep ties into drilling.

But lets just whine and cry shall we? I know its much more convenient than those silly things like facts.

You're just still bitter ANWR drilling was blocked aren't you?