Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   "Tropical" or NE IPA style and pleasant surprise (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91609)

Jenn 12-21-2016 08:43 PM

"Tropical" or NE IPA style and pleasant surprise

Just tried Fort Hill Fresh Pick. Very pleasantly surprised. Very good! Not sure of the overall availability to most of you but they are out of western ma, easthampton to be exact and local to me. My first impression of this brewery was so-so as they started out doing strictly german style lagers .... not so much my style. Didnt think they were bad beers per se , just not my favorite style. Brewery itself is actually a pretty impressive facility. Have not had one of their beers since I visited when they first opened because my impression was "meh" (again probably mostly due to style preference) but tonight I tried their Fresh pick and it reminds me very much of treehouse and Lost nation mosaic (which is also very good in my opinion).

Moral of my story...try it if you can,, if your into this IPA style. I had sort of sworn off this brewery's beers because of my first impression but I was very impressed with this one and willing to now give their others beers another shot, not something I thought I would do until now. Not to mention a six pack 12 oz cans @ $9.99 for this quality was rather unexpected considering the going rate of comparable beers go for $14 for 4-16 oz cans.

rphud 12-22-2016 12:14 PM

Even ze German's must make an IPA. I am finding a bunch of my favorite beers that are not IPAs are getting squeezed out of the production schedule at many breweries. Can't think of the last time I bought some Trillium at Trillium. Kind of a shame, but business is business even when its beer.

Sea Dangles 12-25-2016 06:20 PM

Lost Nation mosaic is absolutely deeelish
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 12-27-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1114230)

I'll second that....

Nebe 12-27-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Mosaic, citra, and galaxy hops are the king of melon/citrus flavors. I always gravitate towards any beer made with them

Sea Dangles 12-27-2016 11:04 AM

Living near Trillium has really offended my waistline,but I will go out of my way to order this brew. Even if they are serving Hill Farmstead. Ahhh VT beer!

Best part of the holiday was my oldest brought home some Deschutes "Fresh Squeezed". My all time favorite IPA.

rphud 12-27-2016 11:13 AM

need I remind you that Outside The Lines is up today? better hurry!

Jenn 12-28-2016 08:40 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah it is. Quickly rose up the list to one of my favorites and even better is I can find it pretty regular.

JohnR 01-04-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Gonna find out shortly ;)

JohnR 01-04-2017 09:54 PM

Ohhh - this is nice ;)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1114282)
I'll second that....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1114286)
Mosaic, citra, and galaxy hops are the king of melon/citrus flavors. I always gravitate towards any beer made with them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn (Post 1114363)
Oh yeah it is. Quickly rose up the list to one of my favorites and even better is I can find it pretty regular.

rphud 01-05-2017 09:39 AM

Just had a can of Lamplighter "So Much for Subtlety" and it was very good indeed. Must be new since there was only 2 reviews on BA. Made in the PRC (Peoples Republic of Cambridge). Had it smuggled across state lines to CT so I have no idea where to find it in MA other than PRC.