Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Modern day progressives fighting fascism (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96753)

JohnR 08-04-2020 07:19 AM

Modern day progressives fighting fascism

"In order to defeat your enemy you must become your enemy"

Somebody, probably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amq1OhQfYTs

spence 08-04-2020 07:31 AM

I thought they were bibles?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 08-04-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1198028)
I thought they were bibles?

A Bibles a book .. and dont forget the flags. Seeing they can't get any traction with the violence against America line .. nothing gets the base motivated like burning bibles or the America Flag story

Sea Dangles 08-04-2020 09:16 AM

Wayne, your fables and imagined conspiracy theories are starting to resemble Pete’s. Get some rest and recalibrate.

wdmso 08-04-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1198035)
Wayne, your fables and imagined conspiracy theories are starting to resemble Pete’s. Get some rest and recalibrate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ty%3f_amp=true

The Washington exaimner. Storie
BLM inc arsonists just burned a stack of Bibles in Portland

The activist media won’t report on this because it’s likely they support it

Our faith is under attack.

If you vote for Biden—you vote for Bible burnings

Not my take .. however its an age old tactic of the right .. that the lefts comming for something

nightfighter 08-04-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198043)
[url]

If you vote for Biden—you vote for Bible burnings

That is just not true. Perfect example of spin. What a bunch of crap we have to wade through....

But if the flag and bible bonfires continue, send the federal troops back in! These so called adult citizens of Portland obviously did not get their azzes beat when they should have, as spoiled children.

Sea Dangles 08-04-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1198046)
That is just not true. Perfect example of spin. What a bunch of crap we have to wade through....

But if the flag and bible bonfires continue, send the federal troops back in! These so called adult citizens of Portland obviously did not get their azzes beat when they should have, as spoiled children.

Critical thinking will never be his asset. He would rather throw a blanket on a problem and blame the base.🤡

spence 08-04-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1198046)

Actually if you zoom in the books are all Frank Daignault striper books.

scottw 08-05-2020 05:36 AM

didn't see this coming :kewl:

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The Complicated Rise and Swift Fall of Portland’s Wall of Moms Protest Group

The Wall of Moms went international, before its founder was fired amid accusations of anti-Blackness
By Jagger Blaec 8/3/2020

wdmso 08-05-2020 07:11 AM

What happen to the 'sovereign citizen' movement

The FBI has identified the Sovereign Citizen Movement (SCM) as a significant
threat to the domestic security of the United States. The movement’s adherents are
capable of significant acts of violence and creating civil unrest.

Kind of the antifa of the early 90s and 2000 no national command structure locally formed . But its members have killed law enforcement

sovereign citizen is someone who believes that he or she is above all laws.

Mabe they are the new Q Anon

wdmso 08-05-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1198050)
Critical thinking will never be his asset. He would rather throw a blanket on a problem and blame the base.��

Seems you though, that was my qoute it was a tweet from a consertive who made the claim

He is. charlie Kirk age 26. Author of the MAGA doctrine

These are his words. "f you vote for Biden—you vote for Bible burnings"

My critical is not in question or dulled by natural substances sorry ..

scottw 08-05-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198102)

My critical is not in question

priceless....

scottw 08-05-2020 10:37 AM

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/news-and-...-protest-group

you need to read the article to enjoy how completely whacked these loons are....I watched a long video from the Portland "protests" last night which also confirmed that this is truly the theatre of the deranged

Sea Dangles 08-05-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198102)
Seems you though, that was my qoute it was a tweet from a consertive who made the claim

He is. charlie Kirk age 26. Author of the MAGA doctrine

These are his words. "f you vote for Biden—you vote for Bible burnings"

My critical is not in question or dulled by natural substances sorry ..

Pass the baloney sangwich Wayne. Dummies who pay attention ( no offense) to this crap are the ones throwing gas on the fire. My guess is there are extreme dummies on each side,and it’s not a guess.
You just focus on the half that is the source of your disdain. Strange you never noticed that. Not surprising, just strange.

wdmso 08-05-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1198119)
Pass the baloney sangwich Wayne. Dummies who pay attention ( no offense) to this crap are the ones throwing gas on the fire. My guess is there are extreme dummies on each side,and it’s not a guess.
You just focus on the half that is the source of your disdain. Strange you never noticed that. Not surprising, just strange.

and who do you focus on? :kewl:Strange you never noticed that. Not surprising, just strange

Pete F. 08-11-2020 01:12 PM

A video of BLM protestors burning Bibles in Portland went viral on rightwing media, unaware that it had originated from a Kremlin-backed video news agency.

PaulS 08-11-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198642)
A video of BLM protestors burning Bibles in Portland went viral on rightwing media, unaware that it had originated from a Kremlin-backed video news agency.

Wasn't it actually a Bible, not Bibles?

not sure why anyone would burn even 1 though.

scottw 08-11-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1198643)
Wasn't it actually a Bible, not Bibles?

not sure why anyone would burn even 1 though.

I'm not sure why people would spray paint and destroy property that doesn't belong to them either ......

Pete F. 08-11-2020 02:30 PM

A few protesters among the many thousands appear to have burned a single Bible — and possibly a second — for kindling to start a bigger fire. None of the other protesters seemed to notice or care.
Yet in the rush to paint all the protesters as Bible-burning zealots, few of the politicians or commentators who weighed in on the incident took the time to look into the story’s veracity, or to figure out that it had originated with a Kremlin-backed video news agency. And now, days later, the Portland Bible burnings appear to be one of the first viral Russian disinformation hits of the 2020 presidential campaign.

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 02:54 PM

Pete, you don't care what the rioters are doing, I haven't seen you condemn that. What bothers you, is one case where conservatives are making a bog deal out of nothing.

Property burned, people beaten and murdered by liberal terrorists, that doesn't register with you. But conseravtives over-reacting! Have to mention that.

Liberal=good, conservative=bad, always true, no exceptions, not ever.

The Dad Fisherman 08-11-2020 03:29 PM

Kind of like all those pictures of Kids in Cages

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1198654)
Kind of like all those pictures of Kids in Cages

you’re forgetting, it was ok when obama did it, because he did it less often. Trump exceeded Pete’s maximum allowed. Same with how many rounds of golf each played, and how many executives orders each issued. In every case, according to Pete, Obama was below the limit and therefore a hero, but Trump was above the limit and therefore a monster.

It’s almost as if pete is moving the goalposts for political reasons, but that can’t be, can it?

Pete F. 08-11-2020 09:33 PM

American carnage and who is the president?

detbuch 08-11-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198697)
American carnage and who is the president?

American carnage was much greater while Lincoln was President.

spence 08-12-2020 09:18 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com/don-...bPTRxTK4pSTOl8

This is great, now John is an agent spreading Russian propaganda :1poke::tm::rotflmao:

Pete F. 08-12-2020 11:47 AM

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/coun...otected-voices

scottw 08-12-2020 12:48 PM

we don't click your links...probably get a chinese virus :p

JohnR 08-12-2020 04:35 PM

NYT Article:

A Bible Burning, a Russian News Agency and a Story Too Good to Check Out

Quote:

By Matthew Rosenberg and Julian E. Barnes

• Published Aug. 11, 2020Updated Aug. 12, 2020, 1:31 p.m. E
WASHINGTON — For some of President Trump’s loudest cheerleaders, it was a story too good to check out: Black Lives Matters protesters in Portland, Ore., had burned a stack of Bibles, and then topped off the fire with American flags. There was even a video to prove it.

The story was a near-perfect fit for a central Trump campaign talking point — that with liberals and Democrats comes godless disorder — and it went viral among Republicans within hours of appearing earlier this month. The New York Post wrote about it, as did The Federalist, saying that the protesters had shown “their true colors.” Senator Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican, said of the protesters, “This is who they are.” Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son, tweeted that antifa had moved to “the book burning phase.”

The truth was far more mundane. A few protesters among the many thousands appear to have burned a single Bible — and possibly a second — for kindling to start a bigger fire. None of the other protesters seemed to notice or care.

A few protesters WERE burning bibles - how about that? So it turns out that actually happened and was not Russian Disinformation. So there was some truth to it.

The way the story is written and the response some of you have is that the entire things is Russian disinformation , ergo. The Anti-Antifas are all dummies.

Now LEFT Disinformation writes the entire story as fake, and you fall for it and repeat it. Well Fcking Done.

The problem is that it did happen which is what i was threading on, not that Russia then ytook it to stoke the flames. I wonder if RUSPROP knew that NYT and many other leftynews would do their work for them

Burn it all to the ground

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/u...-meddling.html

wdmso 08-12-2020 05:19 PM

So burning a singular bible and showing a bonfire and claiming they were bibles are not the same ... not sure how anyone can suggest that. Is vindication of the original video

JohnR 08-12-2020 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198778)
So burning a singular bible and showing a bonfire and claiming they were bibles are not the same ... not sure how anyone can suggest that. Is vindication of the original video

The video wasn't filmed in Russia. It was filmed in Portland. The only connection with Russia (before the after-the-fact influence campaign) is the soft spot some of you increasingly left types have with Old Josef .