Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Kennedy's "last wish" (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=59023)

buckman 08-27-2009 01:45 PM

Kennedy's "last wish"

I'm tired of the BS in this state. We all know the "last wish" as they like to call it. My questions to you.

A) do you approve of what they will do, change the law so Duval can appoint someone after changing it so Romney couldn't?

B) Believe for even one second that that person will not seek election after serving?

I say, Duval should appoint Romney. You know, just to be fair. That's what Teddy would want. Fairness to all.

scottw 08-27-2009 02:09 PM

you guys should make that seat a permanent Kennedy family entitlement, the Kennedys already think that it is their's to do with what they please anyway...and then PLEASE!!!...take the remaining moron that is my representative and stick him in that seat for the next 47 years, get him out of RI.........he can carry on the tradition for a while and he does not appear likely to procreate...

spence 08-27-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 707932)
A) do you approve of what they will do, change the law so Duval can appoint someone after changing it so Romney couldn't?

B) Believe for even one second that that person will not seek election after serving?

It's my understanding that even if Duval did appoint someone, they would be prohibited from running in the special election.

That being said, if there is a health care vote in the Senate this year...that extra vote could be very desirable.

-spence

fishbones 08-27-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 707935)
It's my understanding that even if Duval did appoint someone, they would be prohibited from running in the special election.

That being said, if there is a health care vote in the Senate this year...that extra vote could be very desirable.

-spence

Who is Duval? Robert? Shelly?

If our Governer (Deval Patrick) did appoint someone, there is no provision that can prevent a person from running for election, or in this case re-election. Just because Ted wanted it that way and put it in his letter doesn't mean it's law. In fact the law says that the person can run if they want.

When Patrick was asked about the hypocrisy of the Dems blocking Romney from appointing someone in 2004 and now wanting to change the law so they can do the same thing, his answer was "I wasn't in office then". No sh!t genius. You couldn't have been in office because Romney was. What an idiot.

spence 08-27-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 707939)
Who is Duval? Robert? Shelly?

Hey, I'm from RI so jam it.

That's what I had heard.

-spence

fishbones 08-27-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 707949)
Hey, I'm from RI so jam it.

-spence

I wouldn't be bragging about that.

You guys got the Kennedy family reject.:gu::jester:

spence 08-27-2009 04:48 PM

Yep, he lives across the water...what a looser.

-spence

Fly Rod 08-27-2009 05:19 PM

Kennedy's last wish was to screw up the TV programing for the day.

Raven 08-27-2009 06:21 PM

was...........................

to have Jack Daniels used in place of embalming fluid.

Swimmer 08-28-2009 10:45 AM

Deval will appoint Deval if the law is changed.

Mike P 08-28-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 707935)

-spence

I'm fairly certain that such a provision would be struck down if it was ever challenged in court.