Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anyone ever lose a package sent via Priority Mail (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=40662)

tobias 05-08-2007 05:56 PM

Anyone ever lose a package sent via Priority Mail

I sent 4 boxes out at the same time all via Priority Mail and normally I'd get a confirmation # for each package but this time I didn't:wall: . 3 of the 4 boxes were delivered within days from the day I mailed them and the fourth one is still missing and it's been about 3 weeks. I've sent hundreds of packages and have never had a problem. Anyone else ever send a package and it take several weeks? I'm hopeful it gets to it's destination and that the person I sent it to is not lying since I didn't attach a confirmation #.

MAC 05-08-2007 06:04 PM

I had a problem once a couple of years ago. (did the same thing you did) In my mind I thought I wasn't being told the truth, but I did what I had to do and mailed out duplicates. These arrived just fine. A couple of days later I got a battered up box returned to me by the post office. It had never made it to the address but did make it back to me. That really restored my faith. He had been telling me the truth and I doubted it. It was almost 4 weeks between when I sent it out to when it came back. I put them right in my bag and fished them that season. :)

Diamond Tackle 05-08-2007 06:05 PM

no confirmation #. no proof of delivery.
Never lost a package yet with delivery conf. if the zip code or addr is wrong it may need couple weeks to be re routed,but never more than 21 days.
honestly, I really think the guy is jerking you.
USPS does a really nice job with the priority mail.
If you decide to re send it, use the pink slip on it, delivery conf with sig required.
its only $.90

Fishaddict 05-08-2007 06:09 PM

Postage problems

Tobias, I work for a large catalog company. You would not believe the amount of wrong packages that get delivered to us EVERY DAY. Both UPS and USPS. Even certified and insured packages :wall:
Hang in there, it might show up.....

tobias 05-08-2007 06:11 PM

Thanks MAC. I've never dealt with this guy before so I'm a little skeptical. I told him if he didn't receive it by Saturday, I'd send him another one and this time with a confirmation #. I hope I'm wrong and he's telling the truth. If he isn't, he'll get his at some point. KARMA'S a 8itch!

pops 05-08-2007 06:46 PM

the box should show up ...I have had them come back for wrong address etc.....Why would someone screw you for plugs ?? maybe a child :devil2: but a grown man :confused:

Joe 05-08-2007 07:05 PM

Over the last five years - 1 out of about 4000 Priority pieces was actually lost and never returned or delivered....I've never lost any first class mail....
I've had a couple people jerk me around repeatedly - I stopped doing business with them....it's very rare...
The odds are very strong your package will surface.

Raven 05-08-2007 07:15 PM

people

do strange things without thinking sometimes...

like forgettting you left your packagae or coffee or even your baby on the
roof of your car and drive away....

things get lost and nobody remembers why

Tagger 05-09-2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobias (Post 490196)
I hope I'm wrong and he's telling the truth. If he isn't, he'll get his at some point. KARMA'S a 8itch!

Just send me more G2s ,, I never got them ..:wall: I don't lie and I'm always right .. If the others come I'll send them back ..

fishpoopoo 05-09-2007 03:29 PM

Andy,

I still haven't received the 3 dozen eyeless b-master cowboys you said you shipped me.

:mad:

tattoobob 05-09-2007 04:12 PM

Not sure who it went to but there is a clown on SOL that is saying he didn't get his stuff he bought in the BST Forum just a heads up. some of the guys were complaining about it like a week ago

I lost my package inside a HUGE Box once

Backbeach Jake 05-09-2007 09:56 PM

Never, later as hell, but they were eventually delivered.

Newboater 05-10-2007 07:18 AM

When I mail packages I make sure I put the addresses inside the package also. Helps when they get mangled.

Lee

tobias 05-10-2007 02:45 PM

I got your lures right here:bshake: :D