Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Obama & Vick (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=68192)

Piscator 12-27-2010 09:37 PM

Obama & Vick

Should the Pres really be spending his time with this stuff? I mean, did other Presidents waste their time calling NFL owners congratulating them for giving second chances to players? Do you think the Pres knows that Philadelphia Eagles Owner Jeff Lurie was looking only to win and not giving Vick a "second chance" out of the kindness of his heart? Maybe I'm being too nit picky but I just don't get it. I wonder if the Pres would feel the same way if Vick used his dog for bait.

President Obama Praises Second Chances Michael Vick to Eagles Owner - ABC News

He doesn't stop at Vick, I also like this line from the article "The president also spoke about Tiger Woods' very public troubles, telling People magazine that the golf pro could "absolutely" be rehabilitated."

Ha!!! :humpty:

Swimmer 12-27-2010 10:32 PM

O has no understanding of his position or the office. Guys like Putin read this chit and laugh at us. It is like the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway talking shop the guy on the street fussing over 5 shares of penny stock.

striperman36 12-27-2010 10:37 PM

You talking about this guy?Vladimir Putin Sings 'Blueberry Hills' - Video - The Daily Beast

Piscator 12-27-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 821903)

That was funny. I saw that a week or too ago. Putin has balls though........

striperman36 12-27-2010 10:55 PM

If you didn't like it, he got you 'erased'

Piscator 12-27-2010 11:02 PM

that's the KGB background for you. I think we need someone "in between"

striperman36 12-27-2010 11:07 PM

Cheney

Raven 12-28-2010 05:13 AM

he is praising the sports people half the time he's suposed to be running this country
and the other half, he's shooting hoops or playin golf.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c6...b1/badhead.gif

RIROCKHOUND 12-28-2010 07:44 AM

Wow.

He took 5 min to comment on a couple of sports related things and make a phone call.

you really think this is half his time? Should they stop the tradition of Championship teams coming to the white house?

give me a break.

where is the emoticon for straw grasping

scottw 12-28-2010 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:smokin:

fishbones 12-28-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 821934)
Wow.

He took 5 min to comment on a couple of sports related things and make a phone call.

you really think this is half his time? Should they stop the tradition of Championship teams coming to the white house?

give me a break.

where is the emoticon for straw grasping

I don't have a problem with him praising Vick for what he's done, or praising the Eagles for giving him a chance.

My problem is that he uses this as an example that people should be given a second chance to contribute to society when they come out of jail. Is he really that clueless that he thinks the Eagles signing Vick to a contract is the same as the high tech firm down the road giving a mailroom job to an ex-con? If Vick was a regular guy who went to jail for what he did, he wouldn't be working right now. He got a second chance because he has an ability that less than 1 percent of anyone on earth has. He also has a contract that says that he can be cut without pay if he steps out of line.

I seriously doubt that Vick's situation is really going to change how prospective employers look at ex-cons when hiring for open positions. Especially when there are plenty of unemployed people with clean criminal records out there looking for jobs. If Obama really wants to put his money where his mouth is, he should hire a bunch of ex-cons who have committed crimes similar to Vick and put them to work at the White House.

Piscator 12-28-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 822010)
If Obama really wants to put his money where his mouth is, he should hire a bunch of ex-cons who have committed crimes similar to Vick and put them to work at the White House.

Doesn't he have someone in his cabinet who was guilty of Tax Evasion..............

FishermanTim 12-28-2010 11:37 AM

Why the heck does Obama NEED to comment on things like this?
If was truly serious and really concerned about giving second chances to ex-cons, (as stated earlier) he should put his money where his mouth is and hire ex-cons in the White House.
And not for minimum wage jobs, no, but rather give them a TRUE chance and give them real responsibility. Maybe they could drive his kids to school, or be his wife's personal assistant.

Yeah, like that would ever happen.

BUT.... take a PRO sports player, who was CONVICTED of a serious crime, who did his time (although not the max because of his pro status), and rejoined his team for a multi-million dollar contract, an the president just had to chime in on the merit of giving second chances.

Once again our pres has shown just what an fool he really is!

fishbones 12-28-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 822026)
Doesn't he have someone in his cabinet who was guilty of Tax Evasion..............

I'm not sure about that. I was thinking more along the lines of felony animal cruelty, illegal gambling, dogknapping, etc... That type of person could be easily rehabilitated and fit in nicely with the Obama family and theior pooch, don't you think?

Raven 12-28-2010 11:38 AM

look at the Ice Cream

looks like tooty fruity

that says it all

striperman36 12-28-2010 11:40 AM

If the dude was white, Barry wouldn't call at all.

Vick has exceptional talent and I agree is only on the field because of that.

I think we should give Pete Rose a chance at the Hall of Fame. After all, he didn't bet against himself

Raven 12-28-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 822034)
If the dude was white, Barry wouldn't call at all.

Vick has exceptional talent and I agree is only on the field because of that.

I think we should give Pete Rose a chance at the Hall of Fame. After all, he didn't bet against himself

excellent point

likwid 12-28-2010 03:22 PM

This is newsworthy?

Would you be upset if he wore briefs instead of boxers?

WTFC?

George Bush cut trees with a made in China homelite chainsaw!
WHY DID HE WASTE OUR TIME?!?!?!?!@#!@#)&!@#()^!(^!^!

fishbones 12-28-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 822106)
This is newsworthy?

It must be. It's been on the front page of MSN, CNN the NYT and several other news sites. So yeah, it's newsworthy. Today, it was big news that he likes shaved ice. Go figure.

likwid 12-28-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 822113)
It must be. It's been on the front page of MSN, CNN the NYT and several other news sites. So yeah, it's newsworthy. Today, it was big news that he likes shaved ice. Go figure.

Sweet baby jebus! Shaved ice!
What kind of president eats shaved ice in winter?!
He must be like them dirty commies who drink ice coffee during the winter!

Obviously proof he's a muslim and wasn't born here.

Piscator 12-28-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 822122)
Sweet baby jebus! Shaved ice!
What kind of president eats shaved ice in winter?!
He must be like them dirty commies who drink ice coffee during the winter!

Obviously proof he's a muslim and wasn't born here.

It's the media's love for him that makes me want to puke. They continue to try and jam him down our throats

FishermanTim 12-28-2010 03:57 PM

It just proves that he is our savior and king, since there is NOTHING more important going on in the world than him taking his kids to get snowcones while on ANOTHER friggin vacation!!
What about the terrorist trial in the UK?

Oh, wait that didn't happen here, and BO just don't care. (Remember the lame-a$$ gift he gave the Prime Minister? A DVD collection that can't be played on european DVD players!)

Then to hear that he was voted most influential man and Hilliary Clinton most influential woman? I would like to know exactly what class of clowns were polled to get those results? Must have been a Democratic minority polling district.

Piscator 12-28-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 822030)
I'm not sure about that. I was thinking more along the lines of felony animal cruelty, illegal gambling, dogknapping, etc... That type of person could be easily rehabilitated and fit in nicely with the Obama family and theior pooch, don't you think?

It is a little different but Tim Geithner was guilty of Tax Evasion and after he paid his back taxes to avoid jail, Obama "rewarded" him with a cabinet post of "Secretary of the Department of Treasury" in charge of the IRS. Why do people look the other way with this stuff.

I wonder what the "non BS" excuse for that............

likwid 12-28-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 822125)
It's the media's love for him that makes me want to puke. They continue to try and jam him down our throats

So turn off the tv.
Its that easy.

Raven 12-28-2010 07:21 PM

after watching how China is mass marketing ephedrine
on an unprecedented mega scale (mind boggling)

the necessary ingredient for making crystal meth in the latin
american countries and shipping it world wide....

it would require a president with a "ball sack" to tell them
to stop or else .....we will bomb you into the stone age...

of course he won't do it.... :fury:

but that's what its going to take.....
we have more people in prison than any other nation on earth.
Americans pay large for that too. :hs:

likwid 12-28-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 822176)
after watching how China is mass marketing ephedrine
on an unprecedented mega scale (mind boggling)

the necessary ingredient for making crystal meth in the latin
american countries and shipping it world wide....

it would require a president with a "ball sack" to tell them
to stop or else .....we will bomb you into the stone age...

bomb china?
put down the bong.

Piscator 12-28-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 822152)
So turn off the tv.
Its that easy.

what a simple minded answer

likwid 12-28-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 822185)
what a simple minded answer

For a simple minded problem.

I suggest baby steps.

Piscator 12-28-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 822189)
For a simple minded problem.

I suggest baby steps.

Not trying to bash you as I’m sure you’re a good guy but most of the posts I read from you are one line comments on other members posts. Why not post some substance or intellect with your views for discussion? It gets boring reading a one line critique of someone’s views or thoughts (in my opinion). It's an open discussion here, why not add to it? I'm sure you have some good ideas.

Also, not sure what you are suggesting “baby steps” on?

likwid 12-28-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 821878)
Should the Pres really be spending his time with this stuff?

A 5 minute phone call. SWEET GOD ALMIGHTY! WE COULD BE INVADED BY CHINA IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME!

C'mon, why are you letting the media control your thoughts?

Quote:

He doesn't stop at Vick, I also like this line from the article "The president also spoke about Tiger Woods' very public troubles, telling People magazine that the golf pro could "absolutely" be rehabilitated."

Ha!!! :humpty:
Maybe he could be? Who knows? People are rehabilitated from being career criminals to being law abiding citizens.

Maybe people here could be rehabilitated from their media generated outrage?

Is that good enough for you?

I feel dirty for wasting this much time on something as ridiculous.