Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Grump on Grumps- (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61104)

justplugit 12-19-2009 06:45 PM

Grump on Grumps-

I was standing on line at the Post office this morning when a mother
came in with 4 young kids.
The kids went over to the PO Boxes and were spinning the little knobs having a good time and laughing quietly.

This large grumpy old lady came in, and after watching the kids yells loudly in this crotchety voice,
"YA KNOW ,THAT IS FEDERAL PROPERTY!!!"

If I ever get that grumpy, kill me.

Karl F 12-19-2009 06:50 PM

hey !!

this is the grump phorum...

she sounds like a freakin sweetheart... sign her up!

and you... that would only give you about two weeks ta live..!!!

been readin yer stumpin in the pissandmoanboutthegovt. phorum...ya almost there!

Backbeach Jake 12-19-2009 06:53 PM

I've noticed a lot of people on the edge lately. Just bitchy about everything. Driving like they've lost the will to live, dressing down their kids loudly in public. Folks who look like they're doing alright but act like they're going under. Today was one real sad adventure in Christmas shopping. I hate going out and seeing nearly everyone in that kind of pain.
The old lady in the PO, well she's probably been practicing...old look who's talking. Never thought I'd survive 21..

Backbeach Jake 12-19-2009 06:55 PM

PS Merry Christmas, you two!

ProfessorM 12-19-2009 08:18 PM

LOL.

BigFish 12-19-2009 10:06 PM

Its actually not Federal property! Postal emplyee informed me the Post Office is no longer Govt. run...its privately owned?:huh:

Karl F 12-19-2009 10:12 PM

"The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an "independent establishment of the executive branch" of the United States Government (see 39 U.S.C. § 201) responsible for providing postal service in the United States. Within the United States, it is generally referred to as "the post office."

The USPS is often mistaken for a government-owned corporation (e.g. Amtrak), but as noted above is legally defined as an "independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States,"[cite this quote] as it is wholly owned by the government and controlled by the Presidential appointees and the Postmaster General. As a quasi-governmental agency, it has many special privileges, including sovereign immunity, eminent domain powers, powers to negotiate postal treaties with foreign nations, and an exclusive legal right to deliver first-class and third-class mail."

United States Postal Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

clear as mud, huh?

BigFish 12-19-2009 10:15 PM

Man you can say that again Karl???!!!:smash:

JohnnyD 12-19-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 733331)
Its actually not Federal property! Postal emplyee informed me the Post Office is no longer Govt. run...its privately owned?:huh:

Does that mean I can commit mail fraud now and not have to worry about going to a federal jail?

Clammer 12-19-2009 11:55 PM

WTF <WERE YOU DOING IN THE P/O ON A SATURDAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WHEN YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR DAY :wall:

I<M NOT LISTING ON E-BAY .TIL TUESDAY //F #$%^&*() THOSE LINES ><><<><

Tagger 12-20-2009 10:20 AM

Your right JPI ,,, mean people suc .. you should have gave grandma a boot in the arse .. kids would love it .

Backbeach Jake 12-20-2009 11:21 AM

I bet she was wearing dirty underwear....

justplugit 12-20-2009 06:14 PM

I know it's ixnay to laugh in here, but with all youze guys posts
I can't help myself. :rotflmao:

Clammer 12-20-2009 06:23 PM

then play with yourself >make it a really [MERRY] Christmas :love:

justplugit 12-20-2009 06:33 PM

Go put on your Hugh Hefner silk pajamas, light your pipe
and go back to dreaming ya old buzzard.

Clammer 12-20-2009 08:32 PM

F $%^&*(the PJ,s

the pipes is already lit :smokin:

Raven 12-21-2009 04:42 AM

Clammer
Keep on Partyin :grins:

derf 12-21-2009 08:22 AM

children should be seen and not heard !!