Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What was that saying? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98107)

nightfighter 05-13-2022 08:07 AM

What was that saying?

Someone used it years ago in here; when at the canal and you hooked up, someone or a group would mug you, jumping into your back pocket, or casting over your head from the access road.... Anyone remember ?

The reason I ask is I wanted to use it this week as I went to put my boat in the assigned and cleared out space at my mechanics early in the morning, only to find someone else had helped themselves to my space.... (I pulled their boat out and down the street two blocks, no chocks, and trailer had no plate. Eff them.)

Rockfish9 05-13-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1226757)
Someone used it years ago in here; when at the canal and you hooked up, someone or a group would mug you, jumping into your back pocket, or casting over your head from the access road.... Anyone remember ?

The reason I ask is I wanted to use it this week as I went to put my boat in the assigned and cleared out space at my mechanics early in the morning, only to find someone else had helped themselves to my space.... (I pulled their boat out and down the street two blocks, no chocks, and trailer had no plate. Eff them.)

People suck Ross... the older I get, the more I come to realize it..good on you.. you should have loosed all the lug nuts.

fishbones 05-13-2022 09:36 AM

You got pork frogged!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter 05-13-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1226762)
You got pork frogged!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

That's it!

Joe, that would have been good, but I figured putting my boat in that spot would have been enough of a message and who was sending it. Young cop I have known since he was in school with my kids stopped where I was this afternoon and asked me if I possibly had.... Didn't even let him finish; "I have no idea what you are talking about." He smiled and just replied, "Figured that would be the answer..." We all know the boat's owner is a self impressed jerk.

Mike P 05-13-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1226757)

I used to call it "Saturday". Now I understand that it's every day.

You know how you'd tell some young know-it-all "I've forgotten more than you know"? Nowadays, it's literally true.

nightfighter 05-13-2022 04:50 PM

Hi Mike!
Things getting a little edgy over there? Kremlin threatening to shut off gas and electricity this weekend? What is the buzz there, for those of us getting their news from different affiliated organizations?
Hope you are well.

JohnR 05-13-2022 10:31 PM

Pork Frogging :hihi::hihi::hihi:

piemma 05-14-2022 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 1226775)
I used to call it "Saturday". Now I understand that it's every day.

You know how you'd tell some young know-it-all "I've forgotten more than you know"? Nowadays, it's literally true.

I work with a douche nozzle that is the spitting image of "I've forgotten more than you know". He thinks he's my boss (he isn't), and constantly tells me things to do or how to do something. I have taken to totally ignoring him.

Mike P 05-14-2022 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1226776)
Hi Mike!
Things getting a little edgy over there? Kremlin threatening to shut off gas and electricity this weekend? What is the buzz there, for those of us getting their news from different affiliated organizations?
Hope you are well.

Finns don't get edgy. People are just following their normal routines. I haven't seen any of the supposed "panic buying" that one US news outlet was yammering about Bomb shelters were marked with orange triangles back in February, before anyone dreamed about being in NATO. Given how close we are to a number of strategic targets in Russia, including Murmansk and St. Petersburg, and bases in western Russia, the shelters were all built during the cold war, as fallout shelters.

The electricity thing is a joke. The small percentage we got from Russia can easily be replaced from Sweden, Norway, and Estonia--there's an underwater cable. And Putin, as usual, exercised bad timing. Finns don't use much electricity in the summer---right now, sunrise is before 5 AM, and sunset is after 10 PM. And even with warmer summers of late, very few homes have a/c. :rotflmao: