Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   So here we are (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=67122)

RIJIMMY 11-02-2010 09:27 AM

So here we are

Anxious to see what the day will bring. I cast my ballot this morning and saw my liberal friend on his way out while I was on my way in. I know he offset my vote, so I hope there are many others to carry the torch. Listening to WTKK this morning, Jim and Marjorie show and was suprised at the amount of people calling in and voting republican.
I voted mostly Rep but did vote for 2 Dems.
Now its all about waiting........

fishbones 11-02-2010 09:52 AM

That's weird, Jim. I also voted for 2 Dems. I told my wife and she was surprised that I don't just vote the party line. Unfortunately, I didn't have the option of voting against Frank.

RIROCKHOUND 11-02-2010 09:53 AM

Voted, ballot #20 at 7:05am

tally:
3 I's (1 Gov, 1 Rep, 1 local)
1 R (local level)
rest D's

buckman 11-02-2010 10:10 AM

My Spanish speaking only roofers just left to vote.

fishbones 11-02-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 807310)
My Spanish speaking only roofers just left to vote.

I hope you explained to them that the "D" next to a candidates name meant that they supported "Deportation of Illegals".

JohnnyD 11-02-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 807304)
That's weird, Jim. I also voted for 2 Dems. I told my wife and she was surprised that I don't just vote the party line. Unfortunately, I didn't have the option of voting against Frank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 807296)
I voted mostly Rep but did vote for 2 Dems.
Now its all about waiting........

This is funny to me. For the first time, I chose the Republican in every contest and chose the Conservative choice for all 3 ballot questions - yet I'm the crazy liberal.

RIJIMMY 11-02-2010 10:24 AM

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, we all know you are a closet conservative. You've actually been a little too wacky lately. The Tea Party may endorse you soon!

fishbones 11-02-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 807316)
This is funny to me. For the first time, I chose the Republican in every contest and chose the Conservative choice for all 3 ballot questions - yet I'm the crazy liberal.

We all know better than to call you the crazy liberal. I coined the term "Republiphobic" for you a while back. You have strong conservative values, but you hate yourself for it. :rotf2:

Bronko 11-02-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 807324)
We all know better than to call you the crazy liberal. I coined the term "Republiphobic" for you a while back. You have strong conservative values, but you hate yourself for it. :rotf2:

Exactly how I view JohnnyD. On most issues there is an underlying theme of conservatism and common sense. :gh:

RIJIMMY 11-02-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronko (Post 807328)
theme of conservatism and common sense. :gh:

thats redundant :love:

Bronko 11-02-2010 10:54 AM

A union worker from Lowell just said don't be fooled by the 'unions are backing Deval' rhetoric. He was recenlty on the verge of being laid off and lost 3 friends to layoffs last week. He said although our upper eschelon leaders and union heads are backing Deval... They don't follow us into the booth.

JohnR 11-02-2010 11:29 AM

(R) 5, Independent 3, (D) 1, & 1 Cool Moose Party ;) :buds:

RIROCKHOUND 11-02-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 807342)
(R) 5, Independent 3, (D) 1, & 1 Cool Moose Party ;) :buds:

I forgot about the cool moose, 1 of those for me as well.

JohnR 11-02-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 807354)
I forgot about the cool moose, 1 of those for me as well.

:buds:

spence 11-02-2010 02:42 PM

Carry the torch??? I can just about hear the theme music to Charriots of Fire as you took the ballot :laugha:

My vote was a pretty even mix of R and D.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36 11-02-2010 03:54 PM

I want my 6.25 pct of alcohol back.

How many people voted to change the state name to Rhode Island!

scottw 11-02-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 807420)
I want my 6.25 pct of alcohol back.

I voted to change it to "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Sanctuary City" :uhuh:

striperman36 11-02-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 807425)
I voted to change it to "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Sanctuary City" :uhuh:

State of Rhode Island and the Islands of Misfits

justplugit 11-02-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 807316)

Hmm, crazy like a fox, JD. :D

I'm not a betting man but I would wager you may,if things don't change,
be a Tea Bagger by your early 50's. :hidin: :)

ecduzitgood 11-02-2010 05:42 PM

Guy beside me at the checkout table was so proud of his vote he put it down for all to see, so I put mine down next to his and said "at least I cancelled someones vote today" :uhuh:

FishermanTim 11-03-2010 01:31 PM

I had to explain to my mother that if she didn't like Patrick, and she voted for Cahill, that she was still supporting Patrick.
Then the lights went on and she understood what I said.

Unfortunately, in this state, it wasn't understood by enough people.

Then again there's the majority that voted to keep paying more in taxes, even though the state has proven that they haven't been reliable or responsible at all.

JohnnyD 11-03-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 807618)
I had to explain to my mother that if she didn't like Patrick, and she voted for Cahill, that she was still supporting Patrick.
Then the lights went on and she understood what I said.

Unfortunately, in this state, it wasn't understood by enough people.

Then again there's the majority that voted to keep paying more in taxes, even though the state has proven that they haven't been reliable or responsible at all.

Got into it with a friend's girlfriend who is a social worker and was mad that I didn't vote for Patrick.

I told her "if you're happy with the sales tax being increase, teachers jobs being cut, the massive cuts in funds for social workers and the soon to be need for massive welfare and social services cuts - then please by all means vote for Deval. If you are unhappy with having your job at risk due to his administration taxing like crazy, yet still cutting programs, then you may want to vote for someone else."

The conversation ended there.

spence 11-03-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 807420)

Not me, it was about the only thing I voted for where I was in the majority :hihi:

-spence

JohnR 11-03-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 807653)
Not me, it was about the only thing I voted for where I was in the majority :hihi:

-spence

Please tell me you didn't vote for Cicilline though, please (and not just to shut me up ;) )

spence 11-03-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 807688)
Please tell me you didn't vote for Cicilline though, please (and not just to shut me up ;) )

No, Laughlin. Considering the previous option was Kennedy it's safe to say that I've never voted for a Democrat in my home district for the House since I was transplanted to RI.

-spence

fishbones 11-04-2010 02:01 PM

Ithought this was a pretty funny way of describing what happened Tuesday.

Americans Bravely Go To Polls Despite Threat Of Electing Congress | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

JohnR 11-04-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 807725)
No, Laughlin. Considering the previous option was Kennedy it's safe to say that I've never voted for a Democrat in my home district for the House since I was transplanted to RI.

-spence

I take back every bad thing I've ever said to you :tooth: