Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   new PB largemouth bass this weekend. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=82365)

FishermanTim 05-20-2013 10:46 AM

new PB largemouth bass this weekend.

I was fishing a local pond Saturday morning and after a few hours of paddling around and getting a few small bass I cast to yet another cluster of lilypads and had a bass explode on my rubber frog. It breached the water but missed the frog. I cast to the same spot, hoping that the fish wasn't gunshy about trying to hit the frog again.
Well the fish did not strike again, but on the same retrieve I noticed a bulge in the water behind the frog which idicated something following just below the surface. I slowed down a little and gave the frog a couple twitches and felt the frog get thumped (inhaled).
I set the hook and the rod proceeded to bend over. I knew I had a good fish, but didn't know it was going to be as big as it was.
When it jumped the first time I shouted "Holy crap!" and carefully reeling in what line I could. Id tried jumping a second time, but it was right next to the yak, so I was able to lip it.

A couple fishing on the shore next to where I was fishing noticed the commostion and asked if it was a good fish, at which opoint I held it up for them to see. The wife exclaimed "Oh my God, it's a monster!"

I paddled to shore with one hand while holding the fish in the water by its lip. (I had no intention of keeping or hurting this fish.)

I tossed my camera phone to the wife, and she took a couple pictures for me, as well as taking a picture of their own.

As soon as I can figure out how to get the picture so I can attach it I will.

The bass (based on conservative measurements) was roughly 27-30" long and at least 10 lbs. but maybe more.

All in all, it was the largest largemouth bass I have ever seen in out waters, and the largest bass I have ever caught.

To think, I had fished this pond for years, catching plenty of decent sized bass and pickerel, and I had no idea it would produce such a monster!

Now if I had as much luck with trout, salmon and Pike I'd be ecstatic!

BigFish 05-20-2013 11:50 AM

:nopics:

FishermanTim 05-20-2013 01:10 PM

I know, I know, but I need to figure out how to get the pic from the cellphone to the computer so I can attach it.

BigFish 05-20-2013 01:14 PM

Hurry!!!:jump1:

Nebe 05-20-2013 01:20 PM

I love rubber frogs!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JackK 05-20-2013 02:00 PM

Send the pic as a text message, but rather than putting someone's phone number as the recipient just use your email address.

Slipknot 05-20-2013 02:13 PM

congrats on your basszilla

just email it to your email address
if I can do it, you should be able to

Nebe 05-20-2013 02:44 PM

You could also text it to someone with an iPhone. Then they can email it to you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish 05-22-2013 09:07 AM

No pics???:eyes: