Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   New Mexico (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94033)

Sea Dangles 08-09-2018 08:44 PM

New Mexico

So the FBI finally raided the compound where some charming folks were training the youth to shoot up schools. What a world class country we have become.

Got Stripers 08-10-2018 06:11 AM

Very disturbing report.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot 08-10-2018 06:11 AM

Religion of peace
and they want open borders
sounds deplorable

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Chi...490352381.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/08...ments-say.html

spence 08-10-2018 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1148599)
Religion of peace
and they want open borders
sounds deplorable

Sounds just like the guy went nuts.

Pete F. 08-10-2018 07:46 AM

Adopting extremist views and committing horrendous acts of violence in the name of some "righteous" cause, be it religion or politics or just plain old hatred, isn't something that only Muslims, or Arabs, or immigrants, or any other group of people do. It's something humans do.
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/2/...errorism-islam

scottw 08-10-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1148606)
Adopting extremist views and committing horrendous acts of violence in the name of some "righteous" cause, be it religion or politics or just plain old hatred, isn't something that only Muslims, or Arabs, or immigrants, or any other group of people do. It's something humans do.

i]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]

"open your handbooks...turn to page 246....and repeat after me"

JohnR 08-10-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/2/...errorism-islam

Flag.

Loss of Credibility using VOX as source. Loss of 10 yards, repeat first down. ; )

Sorry - Vox does not rate any real credibility and your using them as a source actually undermines your other efforts against other news sources .

Remember, Vox skews hard to make their points, like starting comparison counts on September 12th, 2001, or framing time from when Trump took office - rather than broader definitions of time that are less likely to adhere to narrative.

You are correct that many groups do it - of different ideologies, none are acceptable, so call them all out. Many of these are "lost boys" that have a problem, and the ideology is just the excuse, the vehicle to attach the hate.

This particular one is very heinous.

Pete F. 08-10-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1148610)
Flag.

Loss of Credibility using VOX as source. Loss of 10 yards, repeat first down. ; )

Sorry - Vox does not rate any real credibility and your using them as a source actually undermines your other efforts against other news sources .

Remember, Vox skews hard to make their points, like starting comparison counts on September 12th, 2001, or framing time from when Trump took office - rather than broader definitions of time that are less likely to adhere to narrative.

You are correct that many groups do it - of different ideologies, none are acceptable, so call them all out. Many of these are "lost boys" that have a problem, and the ideology is just the excuse, the vehicle to attach the hate.

This particular one is very heinous.

Vox skews things and so does Fox with this headline
Man arrested at 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound
I would think most of us are capable of reading between the lines and assuming the skew based on the source. That writing much like “10% more of a group like someone” puts the spin they want to the subject.

zimmy 08-10-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1148613)
I would think most of us are capable of reading between the lines and assuming the skew based on the source. That writing much like “10% more of a group like someone” puts the spin they want to the subject.

I went to faux to see how the l they approached it and this was top of that nonsense site:
"Mark Levin: Mueller a 'Greater Threat' to United States Than Putin"

Sure comrade...

spence 08-10-2018 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148619)
I went to faux to see how the l they approached it and this was top of that nonsense site:

Sure comrade...

I liked the -- millennial's would rather date MS-13 members than trump supporters -- story :jester:

As Jim says though, they're the best in the business.

Slipknot 08-10-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148619)

Sure comrade...

pretty sure China is a bigger threat than Putin.

Slipknot 08-10-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Nobody in this thread said that it is not Pete

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1148613)

Do you think the only media channel that does not favor the left should not skew things to their choice? I'm sure you are not surprised.

The point of the story is there is plenty of evil right here in our country, isn't it past time to weed it out?

spence 08-10-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1148638)

Bigger but very different.

Slipknot 08-10-2018 06:34 PM

bigger and much more threatening

spence 08-10-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1148641)
bigger and much more threatening

Yes and no. China is playing the long game but we have a lot of influence if we play our cards right.

Jim in CT 08-10-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1148620)
I liked the -- millennial's would rather date MS-13 members than trump supporters -- story :jester:

As Jim says though, they're the best in the business.

Didnt your man crush mock Mitt Romney not that long ago, for suggesting Russia was a threat? What say you?

The 6:00 show on Fox, Brett Baier, is the best in the business. I never said a syllable about Mark Levin. How about you criticize me for what I actually say, is that asking so much?

Pete F. 08-10-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1148639)
Nobody in this thread said that it is not Pete

Do you think the only media channel that does not favor the left should not skew things to their choice? I'm sure you are not surprised.

The point of the story is there is plenty of evil right here in our country, isn't it past time to weed it out?

What freedoms are you willing to give up to be totally safe?

Sea Dangles 08-10-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1148643)
Didnt your man crush mock Mitt Romney not that long ago, for suggesting Russia was a threat? What say you?

The 6:00 show on Fox, Brett Baier, is the best in the business. I never said a syllable about Mark Levin. How about you criticize me for what I actually say, is that asking so much?

This won’t get a response

Got Stripers 08-10-2018 08:44 PM

Russia plays checkers and China is playing chess.

zimmy 08-10-2018 09:11 PM

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1148643]Didnt your man crush mock Mitt Romney not that long ago, for suggesting Russia was a threat? What say you?

/QUOTE]

Again, you put out misinformation. It was specifically about Russia being the "greatest geopolitical threat" not just "a threat." Big difference between a threat and the greatest threat. Romney was correct that Russia was a concern, but wrong that they were the greatest threat. Obama was smart to use it against him. Romney wasn't as big a fool as he walked made to look, but that is how campaigns go.

The Dad Fisherman 08-10-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1148644)

Plastic Straws

Jim in CT 08-10-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1148646)
This won’t get a response

Either I took Obama's comment out of context, or I'm too stupid to see how brilliant it was for Obama to pretend to claim Putin was an ally, so Obama could secretly be spying on Putin, because he brilliantly lulled Putin into a false sense of security.

"Obama really got that one wrong, Romney was right, Obama just blew it" - what Spence will never say, ever. He can't.

Jim in CT 08-10-2018 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=zimmy;1148649]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1148643)

/QUOTE]

Again, you put out misinformation. It was specifically about Russia being the "greatest geopolitical threat" not just "a threat." Big difference between a threat and the greatest threat. Romney was correct that Russia was a concern, but wrong that they were the greatest threat. Obama was smart to use it against him. Romney wasn't as big a fool as he walked made to look, but that is how campaigns go.

The left doesn't think Russia is among the biggest threats right now? Watch any cable news show in prime time, and tel me what foreign nation gets more negative coverage.

zimmy 08-10-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1148655)

The left doesn't think Russia is among the biggest threats right now? Watch any cable news show in prime time, and tel me what foreign nation gets more negative coverage.

The greatest threat at the moment from Russia is that whatever they have on Trump causes him to put Putin ahead of allies and u.s. intelligence. Trump in cahoots with Russia is a great threat, yes, but only The Simpsons could have predicted before 2016 that the traffic cone would become president. Romney wasn't that prescient.

zimmy 08-10-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1148654)
or I'm too stupid to see how brilliant it was for Obama to pretend to claim Putin was an ally, .

There you go again... making stuff up. He never claimed Putin was an ally. Do you intentionally do that? It happens all the time.

zimmy 08-10-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1148652)
Plastic Straws

Tom Brady campaigns against the use of plastic straws | Fox News

http://video.foxnews.com/v/579841925...#sp=show-clips
🤘

The Dad Fisherman 08-10-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148658)
Tom Brady campaigns against the use of plastic straws | Fox News

http://video.foxnews.com/v/579841925...#sp=show-clips
🤘

Well if that doesn't make me change my mind :rolleyes:

Slipknot 08-11-2018 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1148644)

None
For several reasons, the biggest being in my opinion being totally safe is in the dream world of liberals seeking utopia, it is a fantasy. I can’t see us being totally safe from our own government or law enforcement, anyone with common sense can see that just pay attention.
Being safe begins with personal responsibility not relying on your government( ruling class) to take care of you.
We already give up enough at certain places like airports, stadiums etc. but we put up with those as inconveniences and it helps.

The liberal judges who release violent criminals like a revolving door should be held accountable when those decisions result directly in innocent people and law enforcement being murdered or injured just like they expect a bartender to somehow magically to know a customers tolerance of alcohol and hold them responsible in lawsuits where drunk driving happens. I’d like to hear what the people who put them on the bench have to say about that.

Seeing how you asked, how about you answer

JohnR 08-11-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1148638)

Both will work together to undermine the US. If there are three world players that would be the US, China, Russia - which of the three is the least problem?

You can add a 4th with the EU but they are not as important nor effective as their potential would make them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1148642)
Yes and no. China is playing the long game but we have a lot of influence if we play our cards right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1148647)
Russia plays checkers and China is playing chess.

No, both play chess. We play checkers and have some for a while now - probably since after Bush the elder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148649)

So - what is the Greatest Threat, then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1148652)
Plastic Straws

:rotf2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 1148656)
The greatest threat at the moment from Russia is that whatever they have on Trump causes him to put Putin ahead of allies and u.s. intelligence. Trump in cahoots with Russia is a great threat, yes, but only The Simpsons could have predicted before 2016 that the traffic cone would become president. Romney wasn't that prescient.

Yep - 'cause the problem just materialized overnight.

scottw 08-11-2018 09:01 AM

wouldn't the Chinese be playing "Chinese Checkers"?