Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Taxation without representation - am I missing something? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=87458)

rphud 12-25-2014 05:44 PM

Taxation without representation - am I missing something?

I live in CT, but I have been working in Mass for the last 4 years now. Finally popped into me head that I pay a whole mess of Mass income tax and have no say in how my tax dollars get spent. Is this taxation without representation, or am I missing some the finer points in the art of state governance?

More I think about it,the less I like it. Can't hardly imagine what it would take to change things though.

Fly Rod 12-26-2014 01:38 PM

Thank U for donating....:)

Jackbass 12-26-2014 09:18 PM

Probably a speaker that doesn't wind up in jail? Maybe one
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim 12-27-2014 01:23 AM

Say "You're Welcome!" every time you pass the welfare office.

Oh, and don't forget all those EBT cards issued to dead people, missing people and the "ghost" citizens that only exist on paper.

Bet you didn't realize how much of our hard earned money gets sent overseas each and every month? Just check out the lines at the western union and all the other money wiring offices on welfare payout day.

This is not saying that everyone that receives welfare assistance is abusing the system, but the system itself is wrought with abuse.

rphud 12-27-2014 08:34 AM

Point being, I can't vote there to do anything about it.

Fly Rod 12-27-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphud (Post 1060289)
Point being, I can't vote there to do anything about it.

OOOO well.....U R in a catch 22.....:)

nightfighter 12-27-2014 02:41 PM

At least you recognize the clear and present danger that is Elizabeth Warren...... Move here so you can vote against too.

justplugit 12-27-2014 09:17 PM

Same deal for the out of state for the pleasure of working in NY.

Raven 12-28-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rphud (Post 1060215)
Am i missing something?

yep you'll be needing a fake indian excuse me Native American
outfit, some war paint and a ship full of tea to throw over board.

:btu:

The Dad Fisherman 12-28-2014 09:23 PM

I live in MA and work in Maine....pay a chit load of taxes to them as well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 12-29-2014 09:58 AM

When I was working in Mass and living in RI I paid 5.5% to mass and whatever the difference was (an extra 0.5% I think) to RI. You should not say pay 6% to mass and 6% to CT.

Never before had taxation been so great while representation is so poor?

detbuch 12-29-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1060375)
When I was working in Mass and living in RI I paid 5.5% to mass and whatever the difference was (an extra 0.5% I think) to RI. You should not say pay 6% to mass and 6% to CT.

Never before had taxation been so great while representation is so poor?

I think that as representation becomes poorer, so must taxes be raised proportionately in order to make up for the greater waste, corruption, and malfeasance.

rphud 12-31-2014 11:19 AM

I think I get full credit for Mass income taxes paid, but it is hard to tell since my wife still works in CT (my guess is they get a bit more than they should by the way the math works). That being said, I reside in and pay real estate taxes in CT, so I should be able to vote there (and I do). I pay income taxes to MA so I should be able to vote there as well, At least at the state elections level since I am being taxed by the state.

The Dad Fisherman 12-31-2014 12:31 PM

I want to pay for a Residents fishing license in Maine since I pay taxes there....

rphud 01-02-2015 12:05 PM

Walk or drive by the tea party dock every day now, don't think I haven't considered. Prefer to throw a few state reps into to harbor in place of the tea though.

I am thinking we just let this happen without due consideration or debate. Not that anybody in power wants to "endure" the debate.

Might be interesting to find out how many are in the same situation. Must be some stats somewhere.