Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   this Obama stuff is getting a little sickening, no? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=50692)

RIJIMMY 07-24-2008 11:25 AM

this Obama stuff is getting a little sickening, no?

the media coverage? Man they are wh0res for this guy.

Slipknot 07-24-2008 11:57 AM

:agree: but what can you do about it:doh:

:chatter:chatter:nopain:

doesn't bother me

like Bill says, it is what it is

RIJIMMY 07-24-2008 12:01 PM

Executed inmate makes presidential endorsement

Death penalty opponents gather outside of Bishop's execution site Wednesday.
(CNN) — Support for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama to extend to death row Wednesday.

According to The Jackson Clarion Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, death row inmate Dale Leo Bishop's final words before being executed Wednesday night included an appeal to Americans to vote for the Illinois senator.

"For those who oppose the death penalty and want to see it end, our best bet is to vote for Barack Obama because his supporters have been working behind the scenes to end this practice," Bishop said, according to the paper.

Bishop was convicted in 2000 of participating in the murder of a man who was beaten to death with a claw hammer two years earlier. Bishop himself did not deliver the fatal blow and, not including contract killings, is only the eighth person executed who did not directly kill his victim since the death penalty was reinstated 32 years ago, according to the paper.

likwid 07-24-2008 01:58 PM

If its sickening, why are you posting more of it?

justplugit 07-24-2008 03:39 PM

Six day wonder.

Nothing but a pied piper who has become the emperor without clothes.

No more than, smoke, mirrors and advertising for a man who has 0 qualifications

to become the leader of the most powerful country in the world and Commander In Chief.

Junior senator?, maybe, imho.

EarnedStripes44 07-24-2008 03:43 PM

You should listen to Sean Hannity. He spends 3 hours every day, day after day, lusting for Obama. A nationally syndicated radio talk show dedicated to the Obama campaign. You know, its like Hannity is the school girl who wants the teacher so bad he cries rape.

Joe 07-24-2008 07:34 PM

If he was a striper fishermen, he would not have enough experience to be considered a sharpie - which goes to show you how collectively whacked we are.

spence 07-24-2008 07:52 PM

Yea, how can the media be fooled into covering this guy? I mean he's on a global tour receiving warm meetings with various heads of state, he's going to speak in front of a million people in Berlin, etc... etc... etc...

The rest of the industrialized world is favoring Obama by nearly 2-1.

There's nothing to see here. It's all just media bias :rolleyes:

-spence

Raven 07-24-2008 08:09 PM

the germans walked away unthrilled

spence 07-24-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 607583)
the germans walked away unthrilled

That's not the impression I read, although, considering the media is trying to rig the election how could you trust them? :huh:

-spence

Joe 07-24-2008 08:26 PM

I'm not surprised - the Germans tend to like over-the-top orators. You know, a lot fist shaking, overuse of ballooned adjectives like, "unshakeable," and someone to lead them in hand gestures.

Nebe 07-25-2008 07:29 AM

If you dont like him now Jim, just wait until he is elected... :rotfl:

RIJIMMY 07-25-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 607579)
Yea, how can the media be fooled into covering this guy? I mean he's on a global tour receiving warm meetings with various heads of state, he's going to speak in front of a million people in Berlin, etc... etc... etc...

The rest of the industrialized world is favoring Obama by nearly 2-1.

There's nothing to see here. It's all just media bias :rolleyes:

-spence

Yeah, but theres no media "coverage" there is media love. No so called jounalists are questioning why the hell a US candidate is campaigning in other countries? Thats news. I can give 2 $hits what the Europeans think about our next president.

spence 07-25-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 607683)
Yeah, but theres no media "coverage" there is media love. No so called jounalists are questioning why the hell a US candidate is campaigning in other countries? Thats news. I can give 2 $hits what the Europeans think about our next president.

Sounds like the media was following him around waiting for him to trip up, which he really didn't it would seem.

As for the global trip. Why the hell wouldn't he want to meet with world leaders and see Iraq to gain insight that could help him be a better candidate and potentially president?

The notion that this is showboating is absurd, if McCain could pull this trip off he'd do it in a second. The simple fact that Obama can, isn't good news for McCain at all.

While I don't align myself with Obama on all of this platform, I don't think the "lack of substance" arguments are going to work for the GOP. Most of our recent leadership hasn't shown much substance, and even the crack foreign policy team that Bush had under his wing post 9/11 proved to be a terrible joke.

People are looking for vision and change, and it would seem that Obama is giving them what their after. Can't blame the media for reporting that he's doing the right thing.

-spence

fishpoopoo 07-25-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 607589)
I'm not surprised - the Germans tend to like over-the-top orators. You know, a lot fist shaking, overuse of ballooned adjectives like, "unshakeable," and someone to lead them in hand gestures.

ouch. :bgi:

fishpoopoo 07-25-2008 10:55 AM

lol

http://michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-cont...7/1wtmedia.jpg

RIJIMMY 07-25-2008 11:04 AM

Is McCain doing anything? He has no chance if he doesnt get off his arse soon.

Backbeach Jake 07-25-2008 11:16 AM

Yeah, he wowed them at a German schnitzel house in Ohio....

justplugit 07-25-2008 03:55 PM

LOL, Fred. :D He is definitely lacking in the "wow factor" area as well as a few others for shore.

MAC 07-25-2008 04:16 PM

Gee, Obama didn't stop at the military hospital in Germany.....Seems he couldn't bring the media with him.......

I hope this bites him on the arse.:smash:

spence 07-25-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 607745)
Is McCain doing anything? He has no chance if he doesnt get off his arse soon.

I'm starting to think he may already be finished. Yes, I picked him over Barak but he's really shown his dull side the past month, and his inability to pick what kind of Conservative he really wants to be isn't helping.

Looks like McCain is going to select a VP early to try to shift the media coverage from Obama.

-spence

justplugit 07-25-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC (Post 607818)
Gee, Obama didn't stop at the military hospital in Germany....

As a US Senator he could have, and should have, visited our wounded troops.

No excuse ,imho.

MAC 07-25-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 607834)

No excuse ,imho.

That is how I feel about it. Hopefully the majority of America feels the same way come NOV.

spence 07-25-2008 05:44 PM

I've read both sides of this story and it looks like a non story. It looks like:

1) Obama has visited wounded troops in Germany on previous trips
2) Obama was scheduled to visit the troops on this trip
2) Obama's staff was notified they couldn't accompany Obama on the trip and interpreted it as they were being waved off
3) Cindy McCain was denied a similar visit

So this doesn't look like an Obama snub nearly as much as just some bad planning.

-spence

FishermanTim 07-25-2008 06:03 PM

Reminds me of the movie "Brewster's Millions" where during the "No of the Above" campaign, Brewster paid to have his campaign ads run in foriegn markets "just in case someone from home was traveling abroad".
It doesn't make a lot of sense to campaign for an United States political office in another contry, unless you have ulterior motives.
It's like he's trying to copy another man's speach/thunder.
Sorry, but he's no JFK. It's just another "words" speech, another example of inexperience shining through.

I'm all for a change in how things are run in the Government, but to base the bulk of your campaign on "change" without giving ANY EXAMPLE is ridiculous. That's like an stock broker saying "Give me your money and I'll invest it."
I need to hear more that crib notes politics.

MAC 07-25-2008 07:42 PM

THIS TELLS YOU THAT OBAMA IS A BALL LESS PIECE OF CRAP.....TAKEN FROM THE ARTICLE...

But the military is disputing that explanation. A spokesman for the base told NBC News that the base was prepared to host Sen. Obama, as long as some conditions were met.

"[H]e could only bring two or three of his Senate staff member, no campaign officials or workers. Obama could not bring any media. Only military photographers would be permitted to record Obama's visit.

We didn't know why [the trip was canceled]. He was more than welcome. We were all ready for him."

Joe 07-25-2008 10:11 PM

The first rule of politics is that you must win the election.

You can't get sidetracked by things that do not move you toward that end. To you and me its disingenuous, abhorrent, slimy - but that's the way people who win modern elections do it. They'd cut out their own mother if the time spent did not give them a bigger bounce than the alternative.

Fishpart 07-26-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 607834)

No excuse ,imho.

Unfortunately there aren't enough Americans with personal ties to Military Service. Even during peacetime there is a significant amount of sacrifice.

Nebe 07-26-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 607750)
Yeah, he wowed them at a German schnitzel house in Ohio....

:thanks: :humpty: tooo funny :tooth:

saltfly 07-26-2008 11:32 AM

lets get on with some :chatterdebates.all this media show is just dribble.i remember the "conventions" were in july and early august.now they're in late august and 1st week of sept.