Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So, any plug-caught fish pics? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88712)

bart 08-18-2015 08:38 AM

Defying the odds!!!

Dave Peros 08-18-2015 03:22 PM

It's good to see that the senior members of the Falmouth Fishing Doctors' Club are still up to big things! It warms my heart to see them working in tight with big wood that my anglers will cast about six times before saying, "Can we use eels?" Had one person reeling a Danny so fast that it was subsurface and spinning - and that's someone who likes to throw plugs! For what it's worth, fishing doesn't suck - it's much harder than it should be or at least given what it was 20 years ago when I was spoiled into thinking that it would never stop - I should have known better.
What I love is the characters who said they could always do it by using their one "perfected" method of fishing, but now chunk pogies and join the fleet using eels off Sandy Neck. Oh, well, I am going to stick with the casting and fly fishing no matter what because I am stubborn, if nothing else.

hardcore from shore 09-05-2015 08:57 PM

Picked up a 35 inch bass on a black Danny pre dawn Tuesday. Still my favorite swimmer in the dark. Almost always start my day with it. Usually catch too. Love throwing wood, my dad's, the local small run guys and finally the bigger guys. All good and all depend on how the lure and I feel. Changes every day, every tide.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

hardcore from shore 10-13-2015 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
30 inch on a stubby needle that my dad made about 5 years ago. Caught then and is catching now. He has been gone 2 years now, but that lure said to me this AM "take me out of the bag and use me, you just grabbed me for a reason". Caught her on first cast with it this AM.

Bill

ProfessorM 10-13-2015 06:54 PM

Nice catch

Dave Peros 10-14-2015 12:12 PM

Nice catch, Bill. I have always appreciated your dedication to using your dad's plugs. From watching you in action, they still have his mojo that translates through your hands into some really nice fish caught.

BigFish 10-16-2015 06:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another nice largemouth from my yak on the "Mayhem Minnow"!

JLH 10-22-2015 01:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of fish caught on needles over the last few months. A needle with an eel skin on it got me my best fish of the season (so far) but the plain ones produced some pretty nice fish as well. Not the best pics as I was solo most of the time.

Slipknot 10-25-2015 09:04 AM

VERY NICE! those are some good catches

ProfessorM 10-25-2015 09:19 AM

Very impressive catches.

JLH 10-26-2015 01:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks! It's been fun fishing and catching a few on my own plugs. I got out last night for a few hours and got this one on a plug loosely based on a musso surface swimmer which I've never actually seen in person but found some info on here in the forum. I really enjoy fishing the metal lips but I drop a pretty good number of fish on them so they don't get thrown nearly as often as the needlefish.

hardcore from shore 10-26-2015 09:16 PM

Impressive. Great fish, great plugs, great work.

ProfessorM 10-27-2015 05:43 AM

Another great one. Metal lips are my fav to fish especially along the islands amongst the rocks.

pbadad 10-27-2015 05:48 AM

Jay , nothing like the thrill of catching on a piece of wood turned by ones self into a facsimile of bait. Congrats and nice work. P.S. Eelskin, my favorite color

numbskull 10-28-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLH (Post 1084982)
Thanks! It's been fun fishing and catching a few on my own plugs. I really enjoy fishing the metal lips but I drop a pretty good number of fish on them so they don't get thrown nearly as often as the needlefish.

Judging by the hook swing on that swimmer you fish it plenty and that is a well earned fish.

It is really cool to see someone who already was very accomplished with eels exploring what they can do with plugs.

GooGoo Man 11-01-2015 03:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a recent fish on my squid needle, the second picture is the release, that picture looks awesome!

Hey George if you look close you can see your plugbag, loving it!

JLH 11-03-2015 11:30 AM

Nice fish and nice needle!

tlapinski 11-04-2015 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My biggest bluefish of the year from back in August. 17+ pounds on a JLH needlefish. I thought I had a monster bass on due to only having the single hook buried in its throat. Damn thing almost killed me on the fight.

RIROCKHOUND 11-04-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlapinski (Post 1085515)
My biggest bluefish of the year from back in August. 17+ pounds on a JLH needlefish. I thought I had a monster bass on due to only having the single hook buried in its throat. Damn thing almost killed me on the fight.

Yup.... :as:

ask Piemma about the one I hooked at WFD 10 years ago in the back right at the dorsal... thought I had my 50

numbskull 11-05-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GooGoo Man (Post 1085413)
Hey George if you look close you can see your plugbag, loving it!

A more deserving guy for it would have been hard to find. I'm glad you ended up with it.

wader-dad 11-06-2015 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Catch a fish in sneakers. Guppy Pencil.

JohnnySaxatilis 11-07-2015 04:47 PM

that's a healthy lookin blue devil

tlapinski 11-10-2015 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A 42-pounder from earlier in the year on a JLH needlefish.

Livefreeordie 11-12-2015 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought these pix were cool...I built a beefy darter for a windy spot with strong sweeping current. On this night the lure did its job.

numbskull 11-13-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livefreeordie (Post 1086217)
I thought these pix were cool...I built a beefy darter for a windy spot with strong sweeping current. On this night the lure did its job.

Great feeling...... that first big hit on a plug of new design.

Livefreeordie 11-14-2015 05:05 PM

Thanks, and I agree numbskull

that was 3rd fish of night, first with my wood. Tide was dropping fast, and could not keep big bucktail (that cut wind) off bottom long enough to sweep through. It took several casts to cut wind, dig in, and sweep through...but when it did, BAM!

wish I had more time to build and test