Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   House of Commons says (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83435)

spence 08-30-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1011678)
The same reason the Trevon Martin incident did have legs .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Oh yes, the all powerful media. Amazing how they managed to snuff all that Internet evidence on right wing websites. Must have the NSA on their payroll.

spence 08-30-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1011664)
You think we don't frack already???

A lot of tracking going on, a lot of drilling for oil as well. Some people just don't have a taste for observation...

justplugit 08-30-2013 07:00 PM

The irony of it all, a Nobel Peace Prize winner starts a war that could
very well end all wars because there will be no one left to fight.

With a late poll showing 80% of those polled are against an attack,
if he were smart he'd call in a session of Congress and have it voted on.
But as the old saying goes, "Pride goeth before the fall."

scottw 08-30-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011703)
A lot of tracking going on, a lot of drilling for oil as well. Some people just don't have a taste for observation...

he said "fracking" not "tracking"...makes the rest of your statement pretty funny doesn't it? :biglaugh:

scottw 08-31-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1011716)
The irony of it all, a Nobel Peace Prize winner starts a war that could

or that this is a President who has either continued or taken to a whole new level nearly everything that he vilified and demonized his predecessor for doing during the course of his campaign for the office, this would simply be par for the course in terms or irony and hypocrisy with this guy :uhuh: don't know why we'd expect anything less(or more) at this point

jonserfish 08-31-2013 08:35 AM

Fock syria, fock Allah,..... We would be supporting terrorists. Spend our war budget on our vets and seniors!

Nebe 08-31-2013 04:53 PM

My hunch is that Obama has no intentions of bombing Syria. Congres will say "no" and he gets off the "red line" hook.
Games... All games.

justplugit 08-31-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1011786)
My hunch is that Obama has no intentions of bombing Syria. Congres will say "no" and he gets off the "red line" hook.
Games... All games.

BINGO! His only political choice.

Best quote of the day, "Amature Hour". ( Krauthammer)

spence 08-31-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1011792)
BINGO! His only political choice.

Best quote of the day, "Amature Hour". ( Krauthammer)

Great stuff, calls amature hour then says he would have done basically the same thing.

justplugit 08-31-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011793)
Great stuff, calls amature hour then says he would have done basically the same thing.

Spence basically ???????
You neglected to say he said he wouldn't unless there was a
strategy and an end game plan.
LOL, Spence you becoming a Hawk ? :)

scottw 09-01-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1011793)

he most certainly does not, he points out the many missteps and the ways in which he's painted himself into a corner resulting in "amature hour", he's very clear that he would NOT would have done "basically the same thing" and your statement bears no resemblance to the truth...nice try though:uhuh: not a hawk...a zombie :shocked:

Jim in CT 09-03-2013 11:28 AM

Once we elected Obama, I thought his presence would be a rallying point for the reast of the world to get behind us, whereas Bush was a cowboy who didn't try to get international support. How is that working out? Are our allies indicating that they are willing to pitch in?

Obama can't get one right even by accident. How does it make us look, when Obama talks tough, then punts it to Congress, then goes golfing?

buckman 09-03-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1011964)
Once we elected Obama, I thought his presence would be a rallying point for the reast of the world to get behind us, whereas Bush was a cowboy who didn't try to get international support. How is that working out? Are our allies indicating that they are willing to pitch in?

Obama can't get one right even by accident. How does it make us look, when Obama talks tough, then punts it to Congress, then goes golfing?

It's all about making republicans look bad. Now he can say, the GOP doesn't care about Syrians being gassed . It's getting down right embarrassing

Jim in CT 09-03-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1011967)
It's getting down right embarrassing

It certainly is.

basswipe 09-03-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1011967)
It's all about making republicans look bad. Now he can say, the GOP doesn't care about Syrians being gassed . It's getting down right embarrassing

Actually the GOP is this fool's biggest backer right now.

Think about this:We have a president in so far above his head with this "red-line" sh!t that he's actually allying himself with McCain and Beohner to save any credibility he has left.All the while we have Pelosi calling it "humanities line" and an entire Congress unsure of itself and the decisions it can make all because of political ambition.

Wake up ladies.......this guy could put us in a place we all don't need to be so that he doesn't look like a pussy.

Nebe 09-03-2013 08:02 PM

Agreed basswipe. This is bad. I bet Kerry wants to run for president next and this is his chance to take the stage for some chest thumping.
Meanwhile, radioactive water is flooding I to the pacific from Fukushima. Why don't we focus on that?? That seems more important to me. The people of Syria can fight their own battle. Perpetual war does not mean perpetual peace.

striperman36 09-03-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1012026)
Agreed basswipe. This is bad. I bet Kerry wants to run for president next and this is his chance to take the stage for some chest thumping.
Meanwhile, radioactive water is flooding I to the pacific from Fukushima. Why don't we focus on that?? That seems more important to me. The people of Syria can fight their own battle. Perpetual war does not mean perpetual peace.

And this radioactive will stay around as long as the middle east has been fighting each other. Thousands of years! Go green! Clean up the plastic in the Pacific.
Let them kill each other, why is it our problem again?

Raven 09-04-2013 05:05 AM

we should be exporting something to make them as passive as O and O.

buckman 09-04-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 1012023)
Actually the GOP is this fool's biggest backer right now.

Think about this:We have a president in so far above his head with this "red-line" sh!t that he's actually allying himself with McCain and Beohner to save any credibility he has left.All the while we have Pelosi calling it "humanities line" and an entire Congress unsure of itself and the decisions it can make all because of political ambition.

Wake up ladies.......this guy could put us in a place we all don't need to be so that he doesn't look like a pussy.

I don't consider Beohner or McCain mainstream GOP by any stretch. I don't think the resolution will pass . After yesterday's hearings...holy sheet, is our leadership a mess

justplugit 09-04-2013 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=justplugit;1012055]Hope your right Buck, but politicians make strange bed fellows.
I admire Mc Cain for his bravery and military service and tough stances,
one of the main reasons I voted for him, and he certainly wouldn't have made a worldwide tour putting America down and whispering in Putin's ear.
That being said I don't see him as a military strategist and don't agree with
his wanting to use force in this instance.
If O was so concerned about his red line , he should have started immediately buildinga contingency plan, a coalition and a strategy in place including an end plan.
As usual, a day late and a dollar short, what else is new?

buckman 09-04-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1012055)
Hope your right Buck, but politicians make strange bed fellows.
I admire Mc Cain for his bravery and military service and tough stances.
One of the main reasons I voted for him, and he certainly wouldn't have made a worldwide tour putting America down and whispering in Putin's ear.
That being said I don't see him as a military strategist and don't agree with
his wanting to use force in this instance.
If O was so concerned about his red line , he should have started immediately building
a contingency plan, build a coalition and a strategy in place including an end plan.
As usual, a day late and a dollar short.

He made and address on the worlds stage and basically said the world, not he, drew the red line and then proceeded to say that there really wasn't an emanate threat to the US. Thereby admitting he had to ask for a congressional resolution . What a tool bag !

spence 09-04-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1012057)
If O was so concerned about his red line , he should have started immediately buildinga contingency plan, a coalition and a strategy in place including an end plan.
As usual, a day late and a dollar short, what else is new?

Building a coalition implies you're going to take action. Unless you plan to invade preemptive a public facing coalition does nothing.

The tough talk is because you assume they're not going to think they can get away with it.

Not attacking right away and working to build consensus takes a lot more resolve than simply pushing the button.

-spence

buckman 09-04-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1012083)
Building a coalition implies you're going to take action. Unless you plan to invade preemptive a public facing coalition does nothing.

The tough talk is because you assume they're not going to think they can get away with it.

Not attacking right away and working to build consensus takes a lot more resolve than simply pushing the button.

-spence

He is not going to build any consensus! Keep dreaming.
Every time he opens mouth we lose more credibility . He's no George Bush that's for sure

Nebe 09-04-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1012095)
He's no George Bush that's for sure

What a relief.

Raven 09-04-2013 02:46 PM

on George bushes Last speech he just couldn't wait to say PHEW!
because he knew it was his last...he was after all :point: BURNT OUT

Barry has already reached that phase of his presidency

buckman 09-04-2013 04:34 PM

Did I hear that right???? Markey voted "present "
That's hilarious

justplugit 09-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1012083)

-spence

Isn't throwing down a red line mean you plan to take action "IF". A true leader, after making a red line statement, would have started to find the countries who would back him and how far they were willing to go.

Your second quote is just exactly what O didn't do. It was an immediate reaction
to use missiles launched from our ships, targets announced and a statement that he was willing to go it alone. Now he announces that it wasn't his red line but the world's red line. I must not of had my hearing aide on ?????

buckman 09-04-2013 05:29 PM

I'm thinking if we are going to send a message , lets jut bomb Iran's nuclear facilities and get it over with. That red lines going to be crossed soon.
Message sent to Syria, Iran and that nutty Nprth Korean.

RIROCKHOUND 09-04-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1012050)
I don't consider Beohner or McCain mainstream GOP by any stretch. I don't think the resolution will pass . After yesterday's hearings...holy sheet, is our leadership a mess

You truly believe Paul and Cruz are the mainstream then?

I'm very torn on this issue.
On one hand, we should stay the F out of the middle east. on the other, they used chemical weapons, and that's a line that can't be crossed without repercussions... I really can't decide where I stand on this one...

buckman 09-04-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1012132)
You truly believe Paul and Cruz are the mainstream then?

I'm very torn on this issue.
On one hand, we should stay the F out of the middle east. on the other, they used chemical weapons, and that's a line that can't be crossed without repercussions... I really can't decide where I stand on this one...

They used them before this time and Iraq did too. Hate to see world war 3 started over this . Then what? He lines up 1k people and machine guns them. So we only go in because of the means by which they were killed?
And yes , I do believe the latter two do have more in common with conservative believes .