Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump threatens broadcaster NBC (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92901)

wdmso 10-12-2017 03:44 AM

Trump threatens broadcaster NBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41584194

"It is frankly disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write, and people should look into it," he said at the White House.

Seems he has no issues saying what ever he wants?

Take a knee OMG the POTUS and his base :lossinit:

Make threats about the media whom you want to shut down.. POTUS the Base says :btu:

And this Administration is only 10 months old

JohnR 10-12-2017 05:37 AM

It is disgusting that the press gets to write whatever they want (or not covering things), particularly when dripping with bias or with lies.

Fortunately the 1A protects that.

spence 10-12-2017 05:38 AM

Ooooohhhh yes the evil mainstream media.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie 10-12-2017 07:31 AM

Trump makes comment to other guys in private about how women throw themselves at him and grabbing their pussy and it’s 24/7 news for weeks.
This Hollyweird producer Harvey Weinstein been asexually assaulting and raped women for years and the media is pretty much silent (same goes for the liberal #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s on this site)
#^&#^&#^&#^& the media !

spence 10-12-2017 07:34 AM

Actually the Weinstein story has been and still is front page news on every media outlet.

Got Stripers 10-12-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1129803)
Trump makes comment to other guys in private about how women throw themselves at him and grabbing their pussy and it’s 24/7 news for weeks.
This Hollyweird producer Harvey Weinstein been asexually assaulting and raped women for years and the media is pretty much silent (same goes for the liberal #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s on this site)
#^&#^&#^&#^& the media !

Front page and first story everywhere, you need to change the channel, they don't cover it on net geowild.

Trump is a bully, he is just pissed he can't actually fire the media, or they would already be training some new anchors.

Nebe 10-12-2017 07:46 AM

psycopathic narcissist.

RIROCKHOUND 10-12-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1129806)
Front page and first story everywhere, you need to change the channel, they don't cover it on net geowild.

Trump is a bully, he is just pissed he can't actually fire the media, or they would already be training some new anchors.

I don't know what 'News' RR watches/reads, because I haven;t been able to escape this story on multiple outlets....

Nebe 10-12-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1129809)
I don't know what 'News' RR watches/reads, because I haven;t been able to escape this story on multiple outlets....

Trumps base does not watch the news. :hihi:

Sea Dangles 10-12-2017 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1129810)
Trumps base does not watch the news. :hihi:

Said the man who claims to have no tv🤡

Nebe 10-12-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1129812)
Said the man who claims to have no tv🤡

I read the news

Furthermore.. if you are going to call me a clown.. let me also say that tv news certainly is a joke. Especially all of the cable tv news channels. Any time you interject news and opinion at The same time you are ripe for propaganda and false projections of current events.

I believe we can all thank Ronald Reagan for this with the fairness doctrine.

If it were me, I’d make a law that states that anything labeled “news” should be 100% fact based with no opinion or spin. Any fake news or skewed news should be held accountable. But who would be in control of that ?

I get my news from BBC, Reuters and that’s pretty much it.

Slipknot 10-12-2017 09:06 AM

hardly a threat :huh:
I'm sure NBC is shaking in their boots :rollem:

we all knew Trump was a bully well before he got elected, yet here we are so no surprise and no news.

He has a chance to prove himself just like Obama had the chance, but of course the media supported one and tries to destroy the other.

Sea Dangles 10-12-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1129815)
I read the news

Furthermore.. if you are going to call me a clown.. let me also say that tv news certainly is a joke. Especially all of the cable tv news channels. Any time you interject news and opinion at The same time you are ripe for propaganda and false projections of current events.

I believe we can all thank Ronald Reagan for this with the fairness doctrine.

If it were me, I’d make a law that states that anything labeled “news” should be 100% fact based with no opinion or spin. Any fake news or skewed news should be held accountable. But who would be in control of that ?

I get my news from BBC, Reuters and that’s pretty much it.

Great idea...we need another law!

I especially appreciate the question of who would be in control of that...I am sure an agency could be created to satisfy your query.

DZ 10-12-2017 11:44 AM

Trump and mainstream media keep taunting each other - the amazing part is both parties completely fall for it every time. They should both know better but this is how Trump won - he plays the mainstream media like a well tuned fiddle.

Raider Ronnie 10-12-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1129804)
Actually the Weinstein story has been and still is front page news on every media outlet.

This guy has been a sexual predator for years, possibly decades including claims of rape and the left, Hollyweird & the media covered it up for years and liberal politicians (like Hillary for example) continued to take his $

Jim in CT 10-12-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1129792)
Ooooohhhh yes the evil mainstream media.

They're pretty bad Spence. But they're pushing your agenda, so you don't care.

Jim in CT 10-12-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1129804)

After NBC and the NYT buried it for years. You forgot that part. Honest mistake I'm sure.

Raider Ronnie 10-12-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1129836)
After NBC and the NYT buried it for years. You forgot that part. Honest mistake I'm sure.

That’s the liberal way.
Just take a small portion of a story that fits their agenda and twist it.

Nebe 10-12-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1129840)
That’s the liberal way.

You can’t see republicans doing this too? Both sides do this. It’s disgusting

Jim in CT 10-12-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1129843)
You can’t see republicans doing this too? Both sides do this. It’s disgusting

It is disgusting. But let's not pretend that the conservatives and liberals control an equal share of the media.

GattaFish 10-13-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1129806)

Trump is a bully.

Lol. Your right. Maybe he should just use the IRS to audit the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of people who don’t see things his way.

Popcorn 🍿

Got Stripers 10-13-2017 06:41 AM

I’ve said it before, why he has to continually spar with everyone, thus keeping the noise at full volume is counterproductive. He loves to fight and his thin skin makes him an easy target

Slipknot 10-13-2017 07:13 AM

Because he is an egomaniac Bob. You are venting it seems, maybe because you can't deal with it or maybe you are just observing.

NBC outright lies, are you defending them but bashing Trump?

Maybe he is just deflecting or distracting while he gets things done his way, instead of how he wanted to get things done but the Legislature waffled or failed.

PaulS 10-13-2017 08:36 AM

And lets not forget Fuax news had their own issues w/this subject.

wdmso 10-13-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1129840)
That’s the liberal way.

I guess your bubble didn't report this

Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday that he will retire at the end of his term, after allegations that the married Republican lawmaker, who opposes abortion rights, asked a woman he was romantically involved with to terminate a pregnancy.

Murphy admitted several weeks ago to an affair with forensic psychologist Shannon Edwards — news that came to light during the woman’s divorce proceedings with her husband.

your Hollywood elite narrative is old ... the guys a scum bag reguardless

wdmso 10-13-2017 03:49 PM

seems if Trump played Football He would be the Punter seems thats all he's good at

Raider Ronnie 10-13-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1129922)

Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania announced Wednesday that he will retire at the end of his term, after allegations that the married Republican lawmaker, who opposes abortion rights, asked a woman he was romantically involved with to terminate a pregnancy.

Murphy admitted several weeks ago to an affair with forensic psychologist Shannon Edwards — news that came to light during the woman’s divorce proceedings with her husband.

Are you #^&#^&#^&#^&ing serious comparing this guy Murphy who had an affair and Weinstein who was banging every woman he could, even if they wouldn’t allow it (rape) and Hollyweird and a most of the left looked away or covered it up ?

Jim in CT 10-13-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1129922)

The difference is, if Murphy was a Democrat, he might have survived this, like Bill Clinton did. There are absolute scumbags on both sides. You get a lot more wiggle room to be a scumbag, on the left.

Jim in CT 10-13-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1129947)
Are you #^&#^&#^&#^&ing serious comparing this guy Murphy who had an affair and Weinstein who was banging every woman he could, even if they wouldn’t allow it (rape) and Hollyweird and a most of the left looked away or covered it up ?

Yes, that's what he's doing. It's called moral relativism, one of the pillars of the left. Murphy is a morally bankrupt hypocrite, and I wish they'd kick him out before he could resign. But he hasn't been accused of rape.

wdmso 10-14-2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1129947)

you missed the point completely must be partisan blindness...

seeing only the news and hearing the stories that you agree with