Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   I Wonder if She's a Liberal Professor? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=82042)

fishbones 04-23-2013 12:37 PM

I Wonder if She's a Liberal Professor?

University professor believes Boston Police treated bombing suspect too harshly | Common Sense Central - Milwaukee's Talk Station

Really? Too harsh? The real gem here is that she points to the condition of the older a-holes body as evidence that he was treated too rough. Did she not read that the younger a-hole ran him over? The parents of her students must be happy that she's teaching their kids.

Slipknot 04-23-2013 01:04 PM

she can't be serious
upset?
she's UPSET?

I think people around here and the rest of the country are a little more than upset over the damage caused and lives lost and limbs lost and hundreds of injuries because of those 2 pieces of scum.

here's her facebook page everyone

https://www.facebook.com/Ruthobrienwsgccunyedu

I don't have an account but this might get me to open one to blast this moron, she is teaching our young people? great :hs:

feel free to tell her what she should be upset about and be sure to include his mangled body looked like that because of his own stupid terrorist brother running him over with his car and dragging him 45 feet you dumbass:smash::smash::smash:

some freakin people

tysdad115 04-23-2013 01:08 PM

You know it was only a matter of time before it happened. People like her are responsible for the pussification of this country.

Nebe 04-23-2013 01:10 PM

What a dipsheet
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot 04-23-2013 01:23 PM

A Day of Terror | Ruth O'Brien

here is the whackjobs article

The death penalty and carrying that out cannot come soon enough if you ask me. And I don't want these two scumbags' bodies on our planet, send there molecules out to space on the next rocket:smash:

this woman has rocks in her head

I have to get back to work:fury:

fishbones 04-23-2013 01:25 PM

She didn't even get the police department right. It was the Watertown Police that apprehended him, not Boston. And if I heard correctly, he was running at them with a bomb strapped to him and firing 2 handguns. Were they supposed to ask him nicely to stop and please lie still on the ground while they put the cuffs on?

Slipknot 04-23-2013 01:29 PM

Let's send her running into the next hostage/suicide vest situation to find out fishbones

GregW 04-23-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 995908)
University professor believes Boston Police treated bombing suspect too harshly | Common Sense Central - Milwaukee's Talk Station

Really? Too harsh? The real gem here is that she points to the condition of the older a-holes body as evidence that he was treated too rough. Did she not read that the younger a-hole ran him over? The parents of her students must be happy that she's teaching their kids.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. You wouldn't believe the things I hear professors say.

JohnnyD 04-23-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 995908)
Did she not read that the younger a-hole ran him over? The parents of her students must be happy that she's teaching their kids.

Let's not forget about the explosive vest he was wearing.

PaulS 04-23-2013 03:30 PM

Crazy lady. Were the mortuary pictures even released?

Pete F. 04-23-2013 03:33 PM

I see her as a Rush from the left side
Ruth O'Brien | Professor & Author of forthcoming Out of Many, One: Obama & the 3rd American Political Tradition

buckman 04-23-2013 03:36 PM

Quick little bit of irony about the car they jacked.... It had a COEXIST bumper sticker :)
Wonder if the owners new car will have the same sticker

FishermanTim 04-23-2013 05:30 PM

We have way too many academic morons in this country, let alone this world.
If they could only remove their heads from their asses, they might actually become intelligent.

Unfortunately, as Ron White says "You can't fix stupid!"

GregW 04-23-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 995968)
We have way too many academic morons in this country, let alone this world.
If they could only remove their heads from their asses, they might actually become intelligent.

Unfortunately, as Ron White says "You can't fix stupid!"

Look at their motivation. They have a job for life, and their only responsibility is to teach and publish papers that gets attention for the school.

Raider Ronnie 04-23-2013 08:53 PM

Amazing as this story is I would bet $$$ that if she ran for public office in one of these NE Liberal states she would win and some liberals on this site would vote for her !

fishbones 04-23-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 995944)
Crazy lady. Were the mortuary pictures even released?

There were pics leaked showing him on the slab. My wife's friend is an ER nurse there and she saw him up close and said the big gash on his torso was from getting run over. The doctors and nurses all agreed that he was killed by the SUV, not the bullet wound to the head. Even after he was shot, he was struggling while the police were cuffing him.

PaulS 04-24-2013 06:47 AM

Someone will prob. get fired for that. I have no interest in seeing that.

Jackbass 04-24-2013 07:36 AM

I have no interest in seeing the photos either.

The author of this article seems like the type of individual who sits back and listens to her self speak with pauses so as she can find the words, to make her seem as intelligent as possible. She espouses theories on how law enforcement officials should have handled the situation. In her world surrounded by psychophantes and self congratulating "scholars" I am certain her thoughts are applauded and revered.

Those of us that realize life isn't lived in a vaccuum where variables such as "gun fire, bombs and fear of death" can appreciate the handling of the situation by the officers in question and do not question how the events unfolded.

There will always be people like this author hopefully all people will never be like this author.

JohnR 04-24-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 996034)
I have no interest in seeing the photos either.

The author of this article seems like the type of individual who sits back and listens to her self speak with pauses so as she can find the words, to make her seem as intelligent as possible. She espouses theories on how law enforcement officials should have handled the situation. In her world surrounded by psychophantes and self congratulating "scholars" I am certain her thoughts are applauded and revered.

Those of us that realize life isn't lived in a vaccuum where variables such as "gun fire, bombs and fear of death" can appreciate the handling of the situation by the officers in question and do not question how the events unfolded.

There will always be people like this author hopefully all people will never be like this author.

:love:

I want to pause

so I sound more intelligent

but I can't

because this post

was

so

great

I'm more and more convinced that Poli-Sci professors and other disciplines should be required to spend time out of academia, minimum 3 out of every 10 years. Right now they are like a Self-licking Ice Cream Cone with no need to live in the real world, just their Happy Place.

Jackbass 04-24-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 996035)
:love:

I want to pause

so I sound more intelligent

but I can't

because this post

was

so

great

I'm more and more convinced that Poli-Sci professors and other disciplines should be required to spend time out of academia, minimum 3 out of every 10 years. Right now they are like a Self-licking Ice Cream Cone with no need to live in the real world, just their Happy Place.

Agreed I think the same could be said about any one who gains a living in the political world. If senators reps etc were required to maintain an income outside of their appointments. We would see an influx of those that truly wanted a better nation. Not just those Individuals that can sell a false idol to catch a free ride.

detbuch 04-24-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 996040)
Agreed I think the same could be said about any one who gains a living in the political world. If senators reps etc were required to maintain an income outside of their appointments. We would see an influx of those that truly wanted a better nation. Not just those Individuals that can sell a false idol to catch a free ride.

That was the situation when this nation was founded. Federal senators and reps were not "full time." Their pay was not all that good, and they spent most of the time tending to their own business. They weren't constantly campaigning. Laws they passed affected them as directly as they did anyone else. They understood and operated under the limitations the Constitution placed on them. And they assembled periodically to do any needed tweaking or fixing within those limited bounds.

Our modern pols convinced us that seeing to all aspects of our lives was more important than limitations on an outdated piece of parchment placed on them. So they needed to 24/7 watch over us. And, of course, the proper remuneration to do so, and the massive staffs necessary to help them, and the creation of unelected regulatory agencies to actually flesh out the rules we live by. This is the way to a better nation, don't you see?

JohnR 04-24-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 996040)

And they need to take at least 3 years off from time of retirement / lost election before they can work as a lobbyist. Oh, toss in term limits too. Otherwise they are just Champions of the Political Class.

PaulS 04-24-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 996051)
And they need to take at least 3 years off from time of retirement / lost election before they can work as a lobbyist. Oh, toss in term limits too. Otherwise they are just Champions of the Political Class.

I agree w/the term limits - 3 sounds about right. The outside income i have a problem with. I want them spending 100% of their time on running the country. You also run the risk of someone beholding to their employeer or no show type of jobs. The do have to run 2 households - home and in Washington.

JohnR 04-24-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 996060)
I agree w/the term limits - 3 sounds about right. The outside income i have a problem with. I want them spending 100% of their time on running the country. You also run the risk of someone beholding to their employeer or no show type of jobs. The do have to run 2 households - home and in Washington.

Agree:

• Term Limits: 2 or 3 Senate (that is 18 years!), 3 House
  • I want them dedicated to the job as well. The blind trusts that manage their affairs in office should be verified to ensure it is above board but for the most part it works.
Still, preventing lobbying for 3 (maybe 5) years after leaving office may reduce some of the influence lobbying has.

PaulS 04-24-2013 10:57 AM

I agree with the lobbying also - should have posted that. It is amazing when you hear about people leaving jobs who worked on legislation and then are lobbying a few weeks later on the same issues they worked on.