Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   MH HW (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=69178)

JohnR 02-10-2011 11:14 PM

MH HW

Magic Hat Heffe Weizen - Pretty good, though not UFO.

Hell day, followed up with a server install tomorrow. Must drink :buds:

The Dad Fisherman 02-11-2011 06:04 AM

Magic Hat has a few good beers....was diggin ther #9 recently too. A pretty decent Pale Ale

spence 02-11-2011 06:44 AM

Their autumn brew was decent, but for some reason I don't get into them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Saltheart 02-17-2011 11:40 AM

I like magic Hat beer in general. I don't particularly like any wheat beers.

I once brewed some wheat beer as part of about 600 bottle my friend and I made for a big party we were throwing when he moved to Germany. He had had a shotgun wedding to an all too fertile German Girl. When the wheat beer was ready , we sat down to taste a couple of bottles. His German wife insisted on pouring for us. She tilted the glass and made a perefct pour. She then quickly put her thumb over the bottle top and shook it up to loosen all the yeast on the bottom of the bottle and poured the yeast right down the middle of the previous "perfect Pour" !

I guess in germany that's how they drink wheat beers , yeast and all.

Anyway , even without the yeast , I can't do more than 1 or 2 wheats. The taste gets to me and I get heartburn.

Make mine a porter please.

The Dad Fisherman 02-17-2011 11:57 AM

I, myself, love wheat beers.....Widmer Bros makes a nice one too....

jon2465 02-17-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 837659)
I like magic Hat beer in general. I don't particularly like any wheat beers.

I once brewed some wheat beer as part of about 600 bottle my friend and I made for a big party we were throwing when he moved to Germany. He had had a shotgun wedding to an all too fertile German Girl. When the wheat beer was ready , we sat down to taste a couple of bottles. His German wife insisted on pouring for us. She tilted the glass and made a perefct pour. She then quickly put her thumb over the bottle top and shook it up to loosen all the yeast on the bottom of the bottle and poured the yeast right down the middle of the previous "perfect Pour" !

I guess in germany that's how they drink wheat beers , yeast and all.

Anyway , even without the yeast , I can't do more than 1 or 2 wheats. The taste gets to me and I get heartburn.

Make mine a porter please.

not a big wheat beer guy but thats how its poured everywhere(wheat beer)

Saltheart 02-22-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon2465 (Post 837765)
not a big wheat beer guy but thats how its poured everywhere(wheat beer)

Not at my house! :)

I do not like the sediment. I pour clean , even if it costs me an ounce or two of beer at the bottom. I don't care what the style is , the sediment stays behind when I pour.

The sediment is 95 percent yeast. Drinking excess yeast gives you Flatulence! I already have enough Flatulence without adding known offenders . :)