Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fishing reports (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92485)

Clammer 11-13-2017 06:54 PM

bob, go give it a try & LMK .I,m still in the saltwater .............. Albies & schoolies thick at Narragansett yesterday ><><

numbskull 11-15-2017 04:25 PM

Still fish along the Elizabeth's today. 90% small, but did manage several in the 30" range and dropped a legit @20# fish boatside.

Guppy 11-15-2017 05:55 PM

Awesome George..... You da man

I thought about coming down that way today to get out of the wind a little and really wish I had now! Pulled the plug on a tog trip. Grrrr

ProfessorM 11-15-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 1131783)
Still fish along the Elizabeth's today. 90% small, but did manage several in the 30" range and dropped a legit @20# fish boatside.

Klutz
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Zeal 11-16-2017 01:37 PM

Curse of October hit me again, 4WD busted (unless it's a sandeel run, I'm not being stuck to one spot in the Fall), baby lizard passed, inlets are too crowded. The wind and weather has been God awful. But peanuts are still around with blues and small stripers.

I dunno about you guys north of me but the fish have been coming on mainly passive baits like clam bellies. They just haven't wanted plugs.

Weird season.

Got Stripers 11-18-2017 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was a calm but cold morning, with a couple dozen crappie, two perch, one largemouth, a handful of pickeral; one being a major challenge to land on 8lb test. Float & Fly was the ticket again, small hair jig under a float in 44 degree water is the ticket come late fall.

numbskull 11-18-2017 05:18 PM

One last trip down the islands this am before pulling the boat ahead of this next gale. Still plenty of small fish around. Found a solitary 28" fish. Didn't see anything large....other than several deer, one with a huge rack. Still a few guys tautog fishing. Hate to quit while fishing is still active but weather and holiday obligations mean it's time to put the boat to bed. .

Sea Dangles 11-18-2017 10:24 PM

Nice flurry at the end George

SAUERKRAUT 11-19-2017 08:38 PM

I'm trying to extend the season. 200 mile round trippers to SOCO, RI Friday and today, Sunday. Friday was a morning of micro bass, while being tantalized and entertained by bird pods, and dive bombing gannets several hundred yards off the beaches. Today, however, was total gale on shore wind blow out conditions.

Next week, I will leave the Thanksgiving dinner table with family in-laws in Holliston. Drive half the night to fish with NJ Shore Brother Don for four day breaks. Fishing was great last year: We even decided to jettison a Thanksgiving dinner invitation, to stay on the beach longer.

Such is what we do as the season ends, and we try to shorten the winter doldrums.

zimmy 11-22-2017 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fished from shore in LIS at sunset after work in spectacular conditions. Cool 50 deg., but comfortable, brisk so' west in face, creek dumping out colliding with waves set up beautiful current and white water. Schoolies stacked in the current smacking ss little necks and sp's.

When I was putting on my waders, a grandfatherly aged guy comes walking off the beach with his 30 something daughter. He comes up to me and says "Your not actually going fishing are you? That's crazy." After he got in the car next to me, daughter explained he was visiting from Georgia. Guess it is all relative.

bobber 11-22-2017 01:37 PM

Fished freshwater in local ponds- forgot how pretty black crappie can be. And how voracious
Had about 40 of them on basically everything I could throw in the water......

Got Stripers 11-28-2017 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope they taste good, because they aren't the best fighting fish in the pond, but a friend gave the the skinny on a pond ten minutes from the house where he has been limiting out on rainbow trout. The highlight of the day was a bald eagle joining me off and on, which doesn't surprise me as my friend saw one steel a trout off a line a week back.

Guppy 11-28-2017 06:46 PM

Nice
I like them rolled in corn meal and pan fried in bitter....

MAKAI 11-28-2017 09:49 PM

Bald eagles love the trout stocking program.

Guppy 11-29-2017 07:49 PM

Old report!

Came across this today, my dad Ray and his father in law, my gramps

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...pictureid=1472

Clammer 11-29-2017 10:01 PM

sweet Gup .& they have jeans like mine ><.

piemma 11-30-2017 05:18 AM

Nice memories Ray. I love the pic of the Chrysler with the canoe

Got Stripers 11-30-2017 08:42 AM

To bad that vehicle isn't in a family barn ready to restore, or the corvet Clammer used to tow his old boat with.

Clammer 11-30-2017 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
his Bob >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:kewl:

I might go this afternoon for holdovers >< got a real good hit yesterday .but a bitch to catch with the barb guard still on :crying:

Got Stripers 11-30-2017 01:43 PM

Let me know how you do, was thinking of giving it a shot during the next warm up.

Clammer 11-30-2017 03:07 PM

yeah , I,ll probably give providence a shot .there were some caught there last week ><>