Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Impeachment (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96115)

Sea Dangles 02-02-2020 11:59 PM

Impeachment

I wonder when Biden wins if the GOP would try to impeach him based on his Ukrainian dealings

Jim in CT 02-03-2020 07:17 AM

in baseball, when they bean your star, you bean theirs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie 02-03-2020 12:33 PM

Impeach Biden ?
You’re a RACIST

spence 02-03-2020 01:22 PM

If Biden wins Republicans won't control the House.

Jim in CT 02-03-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1185467)
If Biden wins Republicans won't control the House.

that’s almost certainly true. But someday there will be a democratic potus and a republican house, and the democrats may not
like being on the receiving end of this.

Like Harry Reid inventing the nuclear option, then the democrats hated it when the gop used the same maneuver.

we need a lot of new people
in DC, on both sides.

Who do you hope wins the nomination?

Got Stripers 02-03-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1185468)
that’s almost certainly true. But someday there will be a democratic potus and a republican house, and the democrats may not
like being on the receiving end of this.

Like Harry Reid inventing the nuclear option, then the democrats hated it when the gop used the same maneuver.

we need a lot of new people
in DC, on both sides.

Who do you hope wins the nomination?

The flip side of that argument, is someday there will be a democratic senate and president, who knows rules, norms and laws don’t matter when you control the senate and the final trial.

FishermanTim 02-03-2020 02:21 PM

It's truly embarrassing (and alarming) that the people that would have the power to impose term limits across the board would essentially be signing their own termination papers.

They had a news story regarding the Iowa Caucus and I found it comic that they were going through the "plan A" scenario of who might win the Dem nomination, and then they broke out the "plan B" option, if the front runner of "plan A" failed to win....

How soon will they break out plans "C, D, E" an so on...?

detbuch 02-03-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1185470)
The flip side of that argument, is someday there will be a democratic senate and president, who knows rules, norms and laws don’t matter when you control the senate and the final trial.

We already had that. Obama and Harry Reid. Jim already pointed out that trend setter.

detbuch 02-03-2020 03:54 PM

And Pelosi and Schiff have started what could be another corrupt power grab trend by the way the conducted the impeachment inquiry. As Jim mentioned.