Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cape guys - looking for a place to stay (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=77017)

spence 04-09-2012 08:21 PM

Cape guys - looking for a place to stay

Anyone care to recommend an upscale place that does a one night stay around Mashpee? Going to a wedding in June...

Jackbass 04-09-2012 08:28 PM

New Seabury resort and conference
Center is pretty nice from what I understand
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jackbass 04-09-2012 08:29 PM

Not sure on single night though? They may do it in June as that is still kind of preseason

bart 04-09-2012 11:47 PM

Not near Mashpee, but you have to at least google Chatham Bars Inn. One of the most beautiful places in the world IMO. It would definitely fit your style, Spence....

Sea Dangles 04-10-2012 07:01 AM

Just stay at Numbys house. The rooms at Chatham Bars don't equal the location.

2na 04-10-2012 07:09 AM

Spence, I have a rental home in Truro and I'm already booked from June through Labor Day (that happened before February was out). and in speaking with others in the biz I hear similar stories, so it looks to be a hot year on the cape. I'd advise that you had better get your rear in gear or all that will be left will be the less desirable spots.

New Seabury is nice.

fishsmith 04-10-2012 07:12 AM

Take one of the fancy cottages behind Zachary's :rotf2: Just don't use a black in there

JohnnySaxatilis 04-10-2012 07:18 AM

Wow spence is a baller! Well if you're considering CBI which is like an hour at least away from mashpee especially in the summer and probably the most expensive place on the cape, take a look at Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster which is closer. they probly got a golf package deal too, and the course is very nice. New Seabury is probably the closest high end resort. Brand new club house is redic, they have 2 courses, and the Ocean course is top notch, while the green course is just ok. Dang livin the lifestyle of the rich and famous spence, gl have fun!

fishbones 04-10-2012 08:34 AM

Spence, the CBI and Ocean Edge are both really nice, but a little far from Mashpee. I would also say to check out New Seabury, it's very nice. Also, the Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth is nice. I stayed there for a wedding last summer.

If you have trouble finding a place, I'm sure my dad would let you stay in one of his horse stalls in W. Barnstable. Just make sure you shower so the horses aren't put off by your smell.

ProfessorM 04-10-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 932441)
Just stay at Numbys house. The rooms at Chatham Bars don't equal the location.

LOL

JohnnyD 04-10-2012 09:08 AM

Sea Crest in Falmouth.

Then there's always The Wychmere. I'm sure you must know someone that's a member.
Wychmere Harbor | Overnight Accommodations Cape Cod, MA

justplugit 04-10-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 932488)
Sea Crest in Falmouth.

Then there's always The Wychmere. I'm sure you must know someone that's a member.

Ya, then go join the Wianno Club in Osterville and have lunch. :hihi:

JohnnySaxatilis 04-10-2012 09:40 PM

wianno sucks, go down the street to the private island of Oyster Harbors... Thats a real club. Areeee you for goodness Danny? Or for Badness?

Mike P 04-11-2012 01:57 PM

Try the Daniel Webster Inn, in downtown Sandwich. Very convenient to Mashpee.

Typhoon 04-11-2012 02:17 PM

My sister had her wedding at New Seabury last year.

This lady rented her condo for short money, it's a 1 bedroom condo in New Seabury. Right on the water.

BJ Krintzman
avalonmail@fastem.com

Picture of the condos

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a..._5134546_n.jpg

Matt D 04-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis (Post 932606)
wianno sucks, go down the street to the private island of Oyster Harbors... Thats a real club. Areeee you for goodness Danny? Or for Badness?

My cousin's wedding reception was at Oyster Harbors. That place is Bushwood and then some!

spence 04-11-2012 05:28 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, wife is trying to confirm a few places. Don't want to throw money away but willing to spend a little extra as it's our anniversary as well.

-spence

Typhoon 04-12-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 932731)
My cousin's wedding reception was at Oyster Harbors. That place is Bushwood and then some!

Bushwood, a dump???????????

JohnnySaxatilis 04-12-2012 10:04 AM

SSSSSS ssssss SSSSSSSucks??? i can go all day:biglaugh:

in truth its very very nice, I caddy there in the summer. great gig