Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   collateral damage of solar panels (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95585)

Jim in CT 09-25-2019 01:30 PM

collateral damage of solar panels

all i ever hear from the climate change crowd, is that we need more solar.

how much of the science is settled? i have no clue, i don’t claim to know, but i wish i knew.

the answers aren’t as settled or as obvious, as the zealots want us to believe. They just aren’t that settled. someone ask that 16 yer old at the UN if she’s aware of this. i bet not.

solar panels have a finite life to produce electricity, meaning they become trash. they aren’t easy to recycle, and they fairly toxic as it turns out.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...E#168d6b5e121c

Pete F. 09-25-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1174839)
all i ever hear from the climate change crowd, is that we need more solar.

how much of the science is settled? i have no clue, i don’t claim to know, but i wish i knew.

the answers aren’t as settled or as obvious, as the zealots want us to believe. They just aren’t that settled. someone ask that 16 yer old at the UN if she’s aware of this. i bet not.

solar panels have a finite life to produce electricity, meaning they become trash. they aren’t easy to recycle, and they fairly toxic as it turns out.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...E#168d6b5e121c

You're linking an article by a zealot with a solution, perhaps you missed it.

If the industry responds with foresight, Mulvaney notes, it could end up sparking clean innovation including “developing PV modules without hazardous inputs and recycled rare metals." And that's something everyone can get powered up about.

But it will require investment by someone to develop the green technology, maybe it could be part of your favored Green New Deal.:heybaby:

Jim in CT 09-25-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1174844)
You're linking an article by a zealot with a solution, perhaps you missed it.

If the industry responds with foresight, Mulvaney notes, it could end up sparking clean innovation including “developing PV modules without hazardous inputs and recycled rare metals." And that's something everyone can get powered up about.

But it will require investment by someone to develop the green technology, maybe it could be part of your favored Green New Deal.:heybaby:

so until we get clean panels, do we keep going with the old
panels, or halt?

and my point holds. the zealots haven’t been saying we need to be cautious with existing panel technology because it’s toxic. all i hear, is consensus that the more panels, the better. if that’s possibly wrong, what else has been wrong? on what other concepts has the consensus possibly been wrong?

these are questions to answer before we upend our way of
life.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 09-25-2019 02:02 PM

Better get a yurt and vegetables.

wdmso 09-25-2019 02:58 PM

All that Trump has done against the environment .. for jim Solar panels bad...???

Got Stripers 09-25-2019 02:59 PM

The latest report isn’t getting any better, in fact the consensus now is the science now predicts a faster rate of ice loss and more dire sea level rise by the end of the century. You can argue what avenue of innovation we need to go down, but it better start to happen soon or the costs will all be passed on to us all.

Pete F. 09-25-2019 03:41 PM

I’ve been pro nuclear for years, but you might get Slip’s gun before he’d go for it.

Slipknot 09-25-2019 05:26 PM

who said I was anti Nuke?

What gun? I don't have any guns

Jim in CT 09-25-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1174851)
All that Trump has done against the environment .. for jim Solar panels bad...???

but trump!!!!

my point, for the third time, is that tree hungers have been pushing solar, saying more solar is better. it appears their science behind that conclusion, was incomplete. where else are there holes in their science?

i’d actually like to hear what rock hound says .

Jim in CT 09-25-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1174852)
The latest report isn’t getting any better, in fact the consensus now is the science now predicts a faster rate of ice loss and more dire sea level rise by the end of the century. You can argue what avenue of innovation we need to go down, but it better start to happen soon or the costs will all be passed on to us all.

did the guys who wrote that report, tell us that more solar panels are better?

spence 09-25-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1174868)
What gun? I don't have any guns

That's becauses we takes them and melts them in our furnaces.

scottw 09-26-2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1174875)

dude...it's "the latest report"....:spin: that's all you need to know

The Dad Fisherman 09-26-2019 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1174875)

I think they've all hit puberty, so there's that.