Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   John Kerry (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=35715)

Skip N 10-31-2006 08:27 PM

John Kerry

:hs: :mad:

spence 10-31-2006 08:38 PM

Skipper, it's not that big of a deal. The Whitehouse is attempting to pick on an easy target to dis Dems because they're all in a pannic.

-spence

BigBo 10-31-2006 08:41 PM

You can't be serious :rollem:

spence 10-31-2006 08:49 PM

A bit of spin...but put it in context. The bungled Bush foreign policy has so strapped our armed forces they're having to lower entrance standards to meet recruiting targets. It does harken to the Vietnam era stigma of the lower class bearing the brunt of the burden.

Is Kerry exploiting this stigma? Sure...but if it wasn't coming from his mouth I doubt many people would pay much attention. I don't think for a second Kerry doesn't respect the troops nor does he not realize our military is better educated than it has ever been.

But of more importance, it's our policy that has the troops in a bind...not their intelligence or their skill.

-spence

wheresmy50 10-31-2006 09:08 PM

John Kerry - man of the people

What John Kerry wanted to imply is that the President has created a mess that "you" don't want to be involved in.

What John Kerry actually implied was that the military is composed of people who were too dumb to do anything else.

Put it in any context you want, and try to rationalize what you think he was trying to say. The fact of the matter is that John Kerry actually managed to do more damage to the Democrat party, which makes me giddy.

It's funny how that works - when you feel a certain way and aren't careful, you might accidentally say what you feel. Now,

spence 10-31-2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheresmy50 (Post 429291)
It's funny how that works - when you feel a certain way and aren't careful, you might accidentally say what you feel. Now,

Like when the GOP alludes to the notion that voting for a Dem is a vote for terrorisim?

People in glass houses...

-spence

Skitterpop 10-31-2006 10:12 PM

I like Hiliary for President :smokin:

spence 10-31-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skitterpop (Post 429312)
I like Hiliary for President :smokin:

Did you see her in the last debate?

She was looking pretty HOT :smokin:

-spence

tattoobob 10-31-2006 10:26 PM

The whole thing is that the poor fight the wars for the rich and as soon as someone points that out to them they cry wolf, the facts are that they got themselves into a war they can't find a way out of and by trashing the comments of Kerry and turning the tables they think it will take the blame off of them.

spence 10-31-2006 10:27 PM

People should really listen to this quote in context. Kerry is in no way dissing the troops...it's a bunch of GOP manipulation.

-spence

Raven 10-31-2006 10:30 PM

spence and skitterpop ....thanks for the halloween scare...:btu:

and if you were both being serious ........ than go to hell...:whackin:

because both of those statements make me wanna barf :yak4::yak6:

Hillary would make a terrible president....and not because she's a woman either........

all she wants to do is rub noses with the british snobby queen.

if she were to be elected...i would no longer want to be an American.

tattoobob 10-31-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 429317)
People should really listen to this quote in context. Kerry is in no way dissing the troops...it's a bunch of GOP manipulation.

-spence

Exactly what I was trying to say

BigBo 10-31-2006 10:37 PM

Yeah. She's pretty hot.:laugha:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...pa/hillary.jpg

gone fishin 10-31-2006 11:40 PM

Just as a little bit of information that many do not know…With the education policy now enforced in our schools, the military has been given the right to actively recruit any student that has grades lower than those needed for future education. That right has been given with the funds given from the government. When the recruiters go to the schools they are to be provided with the names from the school and they then pressure the kids to join the military service.

Folks that means the military is not necessarily looking for the brightest, but possibly those they think will not go any further. They offer some the opportunity to enlist and not even finish school.

I wonder if Kerry was referring to that policy ??:smokin:

179 11-01-2006 06:22 AM

John Kerry has once again proved what he thinks of U.S. Military Men and Women.

fishpoopoo 11-01-2006 07:42 AM

Quote:

-spence

those comments, however intended, were completely unnecessary.

any way you spin it, it is a negative for the dems. you can't honestly believe that Nancy Pelosi (that scumbag #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& biTTCH) is happy about this?

riverrat55 11-01-2006 07:46 AM

Kerry's statement was relevent when the Vietnam War was going on and there was a draft!!!
If you want to end this war and get the troops out of Iraq, you need to start a draft with NO deferments!!!
See how many Rich Kids would go, without their parents causing a Big STINK!!!
:hihi:

fishsmith 11-01-2006 08:01 AM

The way I interperted the comment was - unless you're in college, you might get drafted.
This spin is what either party would do... politics suck.

The Dad Fisherman 11-01-2006 08:15 AM

Bottom Line...stupid thing to say.....Period. He should apologize and move on.

Good thing nobody in the Whitehouse ever says anything Stupid though, huh :rolleyes:

Raven 11-01-2006 08:31 AM

politicians from both sides

politicians from both sides seem to be focussed on the war
in Iraq....understandably so, when snipers and IED's are picking
off our troops one by one killing 100 last month ....in fact.

the real issue imho is that the war that's fighting terrorism
will never end....it's a war that has no country as it's world wide.

securing our borders and keeping these terrorists out of america should
be a number one priority. recently a test study was done at many
airports where fake bombs were purposely smuggled in baggage
and they all got thru undetected by screeners showing that our
airport security measures are totally failing.

the sad thing is....all they have to do is to attack the saudi oil fields
and oil pipe lines to bring America to it's knee's without ever entering the usa.

spence 11-01-2006 08:31 AM

Kerry's statement that it was a botched joke aimed at Bush seems to make perfect sense read in context.

I love the double standard.

George Bush can make jokes about not finding WMD, a perceived threat that has killed thousands and will cost over a trillion dollars.

And when Kerry jokes about his stupidity in doing this, you think he should appologize.

That's pathetic.

-spence

stripersnipr 11-01-2006 08:37 AM

No apology required, he said what he said. Instead of an apology I'd simply like to see Kerry and his pals choose to fight the real enemies of America instead of fighting the Americans who are fighting those enemies.

"uffah!!" 11-01-2006 09:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 429368)
Kerry's statement that it was a botched joke aimed at Bush seems to make perfect sense read in context.

I love the double standard.

George Bush can make jokes about not finding WMD, a perceived threat that has killed thousands and will cost over a trillion dollars.

And when Kerry jokes about his stupidity in doing this, you think he should appologize.

That's pathetic.

-spence

Hey spence, heres your double standard!!!They are BOTH finger educated....

deepsushi 11-01-2006 09:24 AM

Irregardless of his intent it just goes to prove what a F@#$%^tard Kerry is. MA is so lucky to have such fine congressional representation :rolleyes:

I wish the man would return to his pre election political roots and regain his former status as the congressman with the worst voting attendance in the Senate. (Probably because he was too busy tearing around in his 23 seacraft bouncing off the channel markers in Vineyard Sound while entertaining his very young mistress...)

Bronko 11-01-2006 09:31 AM

Nice little October suprise.

Nothing like feeding the “anti-war party” beast. I find it ironic that he has finally decided to play tough guy when under fire from the GOP and refuse to apologize. Unfortunately he is only 2 ½ years late, had he taken a stand like this when he was campaigning, he would have won.

The democrats have a major problem here. All of the Dems I know wanted Kerry the hell out of the way before this happened. They want him just to disappear. Now they have to decide whether to stand with him or cut him loose. What a foolish foolish mistake he made.

The liberals are playing the "non-story" card. But, right now this thing has legs.

MakoMike 11-01-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

-spence

I did listen to the quote, as well as the preceeding remarks. Immediately prior he is admonishing his audience to study hard, do their homework and become smarter or else "they'll be stuck in Iraq." If anyone is spinning this its the dems, it's extrodinarily clear from the context that Kerry was NOT talking about Bush, but about the men and women who arte in Iraq, i.e. our armed forces.

"uffah!!" 11-01-2006 10:02 AM

I finally realized what spence's problem is! It all stems from the 2000..."stolen election". It'll take him awhile to get over the fact that they just lost it...

spence 11-01-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoMike (Post 429386)
If anyone is spinning this its the dems, it's extrodinarily clear from the context that Kerry was NOT talking about Bush, but about the men and women who arte in Iraq, i.e. our armed forces.

That's silly.

Again, if it wasn't Kerry and the Vietnam era stigma he represents to many this wouldn't the story it is. Does anyone really believe Kerry thinks our military is dumb? I sure don't...

Certainly Kerry shouldn't have left himself open as he did, but given the level of campaign rhetoric from both sides this isn't deserving of the press it's getting.

The GOP can't do enough to distract the American people from their record, let's not forget that.

-specne

spence 11-01-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "uffah!!" (Post 429400)
I finally realized what spence's problem is! It all stems from the 2000..."stolen election". It'll take him awhile to get over the fact that they just lost it...

Yea, I'm moping about...that's it :doh:

Uffah!! It's the policy stupid!

-spence

Canalman 11-01-2006 10:34 AM

You know what's really funny? Spence makes all you guys like like idiots and you don;t even realize it! :laughs:

These new "tabloid" style Politics drag all the same kinds of people the "enquirer" drags out, puppet rednecks who don;t know what they stand for. Bush says something stupid you all follow him like puppies, Bush says something smart, you lick his hand and keep on going. It's HILARIOUS from here, but SCARY for the future of our nation. NOBODY in politics talks about what we CAN do to become BETTER people or a better nation. It's all about what the OTHER guy is doing WRONG. Sickening... Bush has not done ONE thing right IMHO and you guys can't see the forest for the trees (you don;t know what that means either prob) it's ok... he's not my president, and never will be....