Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   S-B Yak Meet, any interest? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=31390)

reelecstasy 05-09-2006 01:48 PM

S-B Yak Meet, any interest?

Seeing as we have a good handful of kayak fisherpeople, anyone interested in having a meet/outing sometime this season?

hulkyj61 05-09-2006 01:58 PM

I'm in. If we're gonna do it, we gotta do it right, food and all!!!

SAXATILUS 05-09-2006 02:12 PM

Depending on time and place I'd be interested.

hooked 05-09-2006 04:12 PM

Where and when? It might be hard to find a convenient spot though. It seems like we are spread out pretty well over 3 or 4 states.

I like fishing more than I like eating or sleeping.

Don M 05-10-2006 07:48 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you have the event and want to have it ib Rhody/CT you can use the property here at King Cove. Many great launch sites and places to fish near the shop.

Don M

hulkyj61 05-10-2006 09:38 PM

Thanks Don. That would be a great place for a meet. I hope this thing picks up some steam and we end up doing it.

PS: I like the new website layout!!!

toddonbi 05-11-2006 08:09 AM

Sept 22-24th, out here is always an option. The more the merrier, should be a good time with the people that have already agreed to come. Not to mention it'll be hilarious to see that many Yaks out here....first time for everything.

Wee Hooker 05-11-2006 08:40 PM

I'd be interested depending on location ( and date).

nightfighter 05-11-2006 08:45 PM

hmmmmm.... Block Island kayak fest.....two weeks after the Cuttyhunk trip...... this could be a very good fall for me!

Tell us more, esp about lodging.

swanny 05-12-2006 07:40 AM

Thanks Don. That is a generous offer. Also, If you guys want to have it soon - end of may or early june, colt state park in bristol RI is a great spot. Brand new ramps. Lots of good size fish at that time and a beautiful place - tons of room to have a cookout after. Not quite so far south for the guys up north as king cove and not too far north for conn guys. It's a nice place. Even restroom facilities. After the middle of june there is still fish there but the fishing is tougher and fish generally smaller.

Todd - hows the block island tourney looking? That's going to be a sweet time. I'm really looking forward to it. I love fishing the block. How's the kayak guide business going? I'll be guiding out of sakonnett boat house in Ri this year. Looking forward to it.

toddonbi 05-12-2006 11:14 AM

swanny- after the write up in the Globe I've been getting a couple calls and e-mails a day about the tourney so it should be a good time. I had one call, and I sh@@ you not from a guy that asked what first prize was, he was very bummed to hear that it is about fishing in a wonderfull place and no there will be no big money prizes. I wish I had recorded it...I almost didn't believe my ears when he expressed his views on the matter.
As far as lodging I would recommend Twin Maples because it is right on the pond and depending on the turnout there are several really good options available as well...once I have a better idea of how many are coming I'll start bothering more places that are suitable to fish right-out-of-the-door so to speak. Anyone is welcome to shoot me an e-mail with questions. I have to admit, the look on people's faces when they see many Kayaks bobbing around will be pretty damn funny. It still amazes me that more people that live out here don't go Kayak fishing, there are spots that I fished for 10 years and kept muttering about how i would like to be just over "there."
With the Yak it's borderline hilarious about how upclose and quiet you can get to the fishies.
Well enough daydreaming about Kayak fishing on this rainy day, it seems my 11 month old daughter blew apart yet another diaper.

FishHawk 05-13-2006 02:57 AM

I would be interested. FishHawk

RodnGun 06-07-2006 10:49 PM

I'm very interested.....and I always have to eat!!! Timing is everything though.

nightfighter 08-11-2006 03:50 AM

bump....

up here in the fall can be very productive. I'll check tides.

Phestaris 08-16-2006 01:40 PM

I just got my Yak! I would be interested also. I fish boston harbor and would welcome some company (and advice) if anyones interested pm me.