Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Interesting axe head find (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97356)

spence 04-10-2021 04:47 PM

Interesting axe head find

3 Attachment(s)
Told the kid to get out of the house and he used his metal detector to find this nice old axe head in the back yard. It clearly wasn’t made in a factory. And ideas to the origin?

Nebe 04-10-2021 06:37 PM

That’s really cool ! Quite an artifact !
I bet it’s older than you and I.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 04-11-2021 08:54 AM

Probably says “Made in China” under all the rust
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bloocrab 04-12-2021 07:53 PM

That's clearly an old Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Ax

Very rare in these parts...you can tell by the way its oxidation has come full circle, the corrosion is evenly displaced which helps activate its security defenses by concealing its logo. Very unique process created by the Bruks family to protect it from theft.
You should let it sit overnight in a warmer filled with Bull milk, cayenne pepper and minced garlic cloves. If left for more than 24 hours, you'll need to steam it in Sus piddle until all the dust settles.

Great find, you won't have any problems selling it. I've heard that Micronesians are always in the market for an old Bruk Ax.

spence 04-12-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1210416)
That's clearly an old Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Ax

Very rare in these parts...you can tell by the way its oxidation has come full circle, the corrosion is evenly displaced which helps activate its security defenses by concealing its logo. Very unique process created by the Bruks family to protect it from theft.
You should let it sit overnight in a warmer filled with Bull milk, cayenne pepper and minced garlic cloves. If left for more than 24 hours, you'll need to steam it in Sus piddle until all the dust settles.

Great find, you won't have any problems selling it. I've heard that Micronesians are always in the market for an old Bruk Ax.

:whackin: I’m just trying to help out a 10 year old. Seems like a local design. Looks like it broke off the handle and they used it as a wedge.

bloocrab 04-13-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1210418)
:whackin: I’m just trying to help out a 10 year old. Seems like a local design. Looks like it broke off the handle and they used it as a wedge.

:o ... yep, my little man still enjoys using his magic wand...he and I would come up with our own theories or history of what he'd find...made it a little more interesting than just finding a piece of untraceable metal. Good luck with your search though :kewl:, rest was TIChumor, or meant to be