Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Heady versus Sip of Sunshine (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88154)

Liv2Fish 03-30-2015 04:38 PM

Heady versus Sip of Sunshine

Scored a four pack of each on Saturday. Going to take the Pepsi challange tonight.

PRBuzz 03-30-2015 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had the double Sunshine on tap at Blackbeard's and Heady from a can, too bad not side-by-side. I wouldn't turn a nose up to either...just enjoy BOTH!

zimmy 03-30-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 1069272)
I had the double Sunshine on tap at Blackbeard's and Heady from a can, too bad not side-by-side. I wouldn't turn a nose up to either...just enjoy BOTH!

What he said. Different flavors. Both as good as it gets. Side by side tasting colors your taste buds, too. I did a side by side of sip and ghandi bot and couldn't tell which was which. Consumed separately, they are clearly different.

The Dad Fisherman 03-31-2015 08:38 AM

Both equally as Good...Both a Pain in the Ass to get. :hee:

heading up to Vermont in a couple of weeks, hopefully get some while I'm up there.

Nebe 03-31-2015 10:46 AM

Let's hear a report!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Liv2Fish 04-01-2015 07:19 PM

As mentioned, both extremely good and side by side is pointless because they're both pallet wreckers. Each fairly different from the other but equally as "good". By that I mean balanced, complex, etc.

Heady says to "drink from the can but if you must pour it into a glass, leave the #^&#^&#^&#^& that settles to the bottom in the can". I decided to store one can upside down in the fridge and compared it to one stored upright and the one upside down was definitely hoppeier.

All that said, if I had to choose one over the other, I'd go with the Heady only because it fits my preferences better but I'd never turn down either.

It would be awesome to see Heady partner with a brewery that has more capacity like Lawson did by brewing at Two Roads. I get the whole cult thing and keeping it small and local but damn, talk about an opportunity to be filthy rich.

My 3 lifetime favorite IPA types to date are: Heady, Lawson and Sculpin in that order.

Sea Dangles 04-02-2015 06:46 AM

I tried the Sculpin habanero at Rose Alley yesterday
HOT

The Dad Fisherman 04-02-2015 09:33 AM

The Alchemist just got a permit to build another Facility in Stowe, they are supposedly going to use it to brew their Focal Banger. hopefully they add heady to the list there as well and produce more.

I've been digging the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin lately....excellent brew.

PRBuzz 04-02-2015 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the 3rd Ballast Pt brew I will be trying, previously the Bluefin & Sculpin.

Nebe 04-02-2015 10:40 AM

Loose cannon ain't too bad.

MikeD 04-02-2015 10:40 AM

Careful with those Dorado's. Not exactly a session IPA! Ballast Point makes awesome beers across the line.

You VT beer guys try the Fiddlehead? I really like their plain old IPA. Hits the spot when you are in the area and not packing the ABV or the price or the hassle to acquire of some of the others.