Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who Fished Watch Hill Friday 9/14? Photo - "Let the Games Begin" (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=79196)

Fish_Eye 09-15-2012 05:52 PM

Who Fished Watch Hill Friday 9/14? Photo - "Let the Games Begin"

1 Attachment(s)
We returned from a trip to Block in time to catch some evening albie and bluefish action. I took this picture of the point at Watch Hill and the title that seems to fit the scene is, "Let the Games Begin." Anyone have any idea who the cast of characters might be?

chefseany 09-15-2012 07:05 PM

Saw them out there durring the day also!!! Beautiful day out!!!! Hat trick was caught!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

flyvice11787 09-15-2012 07:11 PM

Meh. Need more guys and some crossed and tangled lines to make it interesting :hee: .

GattaFish 09-15-2012 07:52 PM

I know exactly who some of them are....

nightfighter 09-15-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GattaFish (Post 958891)
I know exactly who some of them are....

Well......?

Nice shot Mike

Tagger 09-15-2012 08:25 PM

You really have to be a very trusting person to get out on a rock like that .. Great faith in your fellow man and his ability's ..

piemma 09-16-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagger (Post 958896)
You really have to be a very trusting person to get out on a rock like that .. Great faith in your fellow man and his ability's ..

Those 2 rocks are actually very easy to wade to even with a full tide. In a screaming SW wind, no so much. Years ago Scott Slocum and I use to occupy those rocks all fall. No wet suits either. There is a clear plug ally right to the front from those perches.
Hope no one considers this a spot burn.

bart 09-16-2012 08:52 AM

I'm guessing a well-known wetsuiter who has had a stellar year from the surf...

WoodyCT 09-16-2012 12:33 PM

The little one on the right is one of the 2 notoriuos URI kids who have been taking risks and pissing people off by crowding them out. Supposedly they both wound up 200 yards off the tip of the spot in this picture, on an ebb tide, and no, they werent skishing. His partner in crime is the one who casts with his VS ON TOP.

And, no, those rocks aren't right in front of the guys on the rip rap. But the camera angle sure makes it look like they are!

spence 09-16-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodyCT (Post 958942)
The little one on the right is one of the 2 notoriuos URI kids who have been taking risks and pissing people off by crowding them out. Supposedly they both wound up 200 yards off the tip of the spot in this picture, on an ebb tide, and no, they werent skishing. His partner in crime is the one who casts with his VS ON TOP.

Be careful, you might start a rumor of a new VS convench :hihi:

I've never actually seen a skisher, but if someone swam out in front of me I'm not sure I could handle it.

-spence

piemma 09-16-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 958950)
Be careful, you might start a rumor of a new VS convench :hihi:

I've never actually seen a skisher, but if someone swam out in front of me I'm not sure I could handle it.

-spence

Just throw a 4oz popper at this head. Unless he was there first, then it's his spot and you have to move.

Tagger 09-16-2012 06:47 PM

I was thinking more of the guys casting behind you ..

PaulS 09-16-2012 06:55 PM

It might be me on the right. 5th guy from the left w/the hat on. You can see the commando bag on my butt.

fishrick 09-17-2012 08:22 PM

That is an AWESOME photo. Shows what us guys do, alone and together...my wife loves it. The clouds, rocks, and rods all show up so great. Nice job. Yep, know who some were too.....

GattaFish 09-18-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 958892)
Well......?

Nice shot Mike

I would have said but looks like there is some hostility towards them instead of stewardship... Part of the reason I dont fish there much anymore,,,, more relaxing to fish alone like last night,,,

beautiful picture.... Lots of Parallax Error though.....

Those rocks are far enough off to the side for any other anglers to have plenty of room.... on the point.... non event,,,,,,,,

As for the rocks further out front they have also been fished and yes for years :devil2: ... DEFINITELY not for the inexperienced.

WoodyCT 09-18-2012 03:27 PM

One of them was heard saying, "I've been fishing without my pliers... I don't want to get too dependent on them."

Who wants to be the lucky 'steward' to rescue him when he has an angry bass pinned to his hand with a 4/0 because he doesn't carry pliers? Not me. I feel no obligation to look out for those who don't look out for themselves.

GattaFish 09-18-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodyCT (Post 959310)
One of them was heard saying, "I've been fishing without my pliers... I don't want to get too dependent on them."

Who wants to be the lucky 'steward' to rescue him when he has an angry bass pinned to his hand with a 4/0 because he doesn't carry pliers? Not me. I feel no obligation to look out for those who don't look out for themselves.

Not entertaining the wise comment as I don't do that to friends.......

Just remember who you called and texted when you needed help with plug making, through drilling and other questions,,, I guess being a good steward isn't paying off for me either,,,,,,

WoodyCT 09-19-2012 05:05 AM

Tom,
I'm sorry you chose a public forum to share your thoughts about your fellow club member and friend of several years. A PM, text or phone call could have been appreciated if felt my view on these guys was off base. I hope we can discuss this in a private setting rather in front of our peers.

Respectfully,
Jon

GattaFish 09-19-2012 01:35 PM

Oh stop with the public forum stuff . I said one thing about talking to the kids and you jumped all over my steward comment. If it was so upsetting then you should have sent the text or called. Instead you responded here with anger and hostility. Two things I still have not displayed.

Clearly nothing else to say here.

WoodyCT 09-19-2012 04:58 PM

Tom,
I meant nothing personally antagonistic with my comment using the word steward in quotes. I was speaking to the notion of stewarding someone by rescuing them from themselves. Sorry for upsetting you so.
Tight lines,
Jon