Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Vintage Lures (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   BigFish "The Early Years" (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=69629)

wader-dad 03-04-2011 10:12 PM

BigFish "The Early Years"

1 Attachment(s)
This is it Larry-- here is an early Pikie. One of my favorite plugs.

wader-dad 03-04-2011 10:16 PM

another shot

1 Attachment(s)
looks like he knew what he was doing from an early age

wader-dad 03-04-2011 10:17 PM

one more

1 Attachment(s)
yep

blondterror 03-04-2011 10:57 PM

have you fished that Pikie yet? he wants his plugs to be used...

BigFish 03-04-2011 11:35 PM

Wow! Memories! That was a copy from a beauty that Slipknot had given me which I still have! I might have to make some more!!:uhuh: Thats pre-air brush....the dark years....or months!:rotf2:

Slipknot 03-05-2011 09:58 AM

early bigfish spray bomb plug
I had a jointed swimmer from way back also spray can done, I gave it to saltydog

I also have one of Larry's first needlefish plugs.:uhuh:

saltydog 03-05-2011 11:27 AM

YES I HAVE IT;) He is resting, an will be well taken care of.
thank you again:uhuh:

GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:cheers:

LARRY, after looking at that PIKIE. I noticed Ive been doing my pikies heads WRONG your has a nice SLOPE to it my'in have been more deepcut on the end of the head:fury: an tail is more PRONOUNCED -TAPERED tuff to do hand carving.
looks great
GOOD LUCK GODO BUILDIN:gh:

BigFish 03-05-2011 12:25 PM

I do not believe there is a drastic difference in the slope of the head as far as how it relates to the "action" of the plug Rich! Just my .02 cents. The weighting in conjunction with the slope of the head be it "Pikie Style" or a straight angle cut will have more to do with how the plug swims!

BigFish 03-05-2011 12:25 PM

PS-As I said that was a copy of a Slip Pikie....I am a fan! He makes a nice Pikie!

saltydog 03-06-2011 08:28 AM

LARRY, thank you for the info I do like that style better than what Ive been doing. I got a couple of pecies of wood at plugfest from capesam an I already cut head shape in :smash: wish I had seen it befor I DID IT. thanks again, next season Ill have to try to HO'E a PIKIE form SLIPNOT:uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN
P.S. will you have any PREASEL'S w/ you in APRIL:smash:would like one to go w/ the outher YELLOW one. if not when ever you get to do more put me down for ONE!

JohnR 03-15-2011 06:57 PM

Hmmm, I seem to recall a light blue Pencil somewhere. BigFish version 0.1 :love:

saltydog 03-17-2011 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I recieved this VINTAGE "Big Fish" at Plugfest. :happy::happy::happy:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN:gh:
anyone else got any VINTAGE Big Fish, would love to see'em:uhuh:

BasicPatrick 03-18-2011 12:45 AM

HMMMM....I'm going to have to dig deep in the Basic Shed. Deep down on a lower shelf there is a Plano Box with some Big Fish Howdy's, a tore up in the best way burnt orange Big Fish Needle and a few more very old goodies!!!!!!

HanoverStriper 03-23-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 841943)
Wow! Memories! That was a copy from a beauty that Slipknot had given me which I still have! I might have to make some more!!:uhuh: Thats pre-air brush....the dark years....or months!:rotf2:

Yes Larry, please bring back the pikies. I would be in for a few. :drool: