Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Ivanka Literally Got Trumbos Back into Emolluments (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96692)

RickBomba 07-15-2020 01:53 PM

Ivanka Literally Got Trumbos Back into Emolluments

That Instagram pic with her and the can of beans, is literally the dictionary definition of that clause.

First family of morons.

Keep it up.

It’s like the old mafia stories where they make people dig their own graves before they kick them in.

Oh, Trumble-Dumbles!

PaulS 07-15-2020 03:07 PM

Another dumb thing to come out of the WH.

RickBomba 07-15-2020 03:08 PM

If you’re gonna be dumb,
You better be tough.

Vote hard!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 07-15-2020 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good thing about Trump, you know he can always go lower.

Yes, this just happened. Have fun defending it boyz.

PaulS 07-15-2020 03:55 PM

You're not understanding what he said

PaulS 07-15-2020 03:55 PM

Or you're not understanding what he meant.

spence 07-15-2020 04:06 PM

And to be fair, this isn't likely a violation of the Emoluments Clause, but it is a serious violation of White House ethics rules, maybe the Hatch Act for Ivanka also. It's a brazen defiling of the Oval Office and just really a pathetic slimy stupid thing for the President to be doing. Or as we like to say with Trump, par for the course.

RickBomba 07-15-2020 04:09 PM

Trump=slimy

And swampy

detbuch 07-15-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1197025)
And to be fair, this isn't likely a violation of the Emoluments Clause, but it is a serious violation of White House ethics rules, maybe the Hatch Act for Ivanka also. It's a brazen defiling of the Oval Office and just really a pathetic slimy stupid thing for the President to be doing. Or as we like to say with Trump, par for the course.

Fighting slime with slime. Pretty slimy calling for boycott of Goya. Par for the leftists course. Trump is pro business. Left is pro only for business which hates Trump.

Left wants to scare all businesses into falling in line with its agenda.

very slimy.

detbuch 07-15-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1197026)
Trump=slimy

And swampy

I like your style. Let me try it.

Biden=slimy

And Pelosi, Schumer, The Squad, and Bernie are swampy.

That was easy. I like it.

Didn't need blue fonts.

PaulS 07-15-2020 07:06 PM

Cheeto Von Tweeto cant help himself ( and his Defenders can't either)

detbuch 07-15-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1197043)
Cheeto Von Tweeto cant help himself ( and his Defenders can't either)

If I've learned anything being on this forum for several years, it is that you are a better person than the rest of us.

PaulS 07-15-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197044)
If I've learned anything being on this forum for several years, it is that you are a better person than the rest of us.

Maybe not all but certainly some. Is it true you really don't fish but you spend time on a fishing forum?

Pete F. 07-15-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197034)
Fighting slime with slime. Pretty slimy calling for boycott of Goya. Par for the leftists course. Trump is pro business. Left is pro only for business which hates Trump.

Left wants to scare all businesses into falling in line with its agenda.

very slimy.

So when Tweety called for the boycott of:
Macy’s
Apple
Harley
Vindman
Glenffiddich
HBO
Any news organization other than Fox
Wait, Fox too
Univision
WSJ
Geico
Scotland
Starbucks
Twitter
Any politician who deigns to go against him
But he was either joking or misunderstood

detbuch 07-15-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1197046)
Maybe not all but certainly some. Is it true you really don't fish but you spend time on a fishing forum?

You are, obviously, a better person than me. But, one of the few passably good qualities I possess is the ability to be diverse in my perspectives and pastimes.

On the other hand, that might seem more as a corruption than a good to an accomplished purist like you.

Ian 07-15-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1197048)
Macy’s
Apple
Harley
Vindman
Glenffiddich
HBO
Wait, Fox too
Univision
WSJ
Geico
Scotland
Starbucks
Twitter

This deserves a mic drop, well done sir

detbuch 07-15-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1197048)
Macy’s
Apple
Harley
Vindman
Glenffiddich
HBO
Wait, Fox too
Univision
WSJ
Geico
Scotland
Starbucks
Twitter

He was just being a hypocrite, fighting back against and acting mean and petty like those who, in effect, boycotted him and his administration. Slime fighting slime. Is this supposed to be shocking?

PaulS 07-15-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197049)
You are, obviously, a better person than me. But, one of the few passably good qualities I possess is the ability to be diverse in my perspectives and pastimes.

On the other hand, that might seem more as a corruption than a good to an accomplished purist like you.

Thanks. I think I'm very diverse in my perspectives and pastimes.

detbuch 07-15-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1197054)
Thanks. I think I'm very diverse in my perspectives and pastimes.

As I said, you're a better person.

RickBomba 07-15-2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197053)
He was just being a hypocrite, fighting back against and acting mean and petty like those who, in effect, boycotted him and his administration. Slime fighting slime. Is this supposed to be shocking?

Swampy.

detbuch 07-16-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1197060)
Swampy.

Swamp vs. swamp. Standard political procedure. Unusually hyper this year. But that's not what it is about, for me. Making it about Trump may be a way of winning the election. Which means the left, which is becoming more extremely leftist, will be in power.

It is not about Trump. It is about the ideological framework under which we will be governed. Making enough voters hate Trump is a way of avoiding a debate over the real issue.

Pete F. 07-16-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197077)
Swamp vs. swamp. Standard political procedure. Unusually hyper this year. But that's not what it is about, for me. Making it about Trump may be a way of winning the election. Which means the left, which is becoming more extremely leftist, will be in power.

It is not about Trump. It is about the ideological framework under which we will be governed. Making enough voters hate Trump is a way of avoiding a debate over the real issue.

It is about him and it should be.
He was the one screwing the pooch on the pandemic, attacking protesters to stage photo ops with bibles, ignoring Russian bounties on American soldiers, fanning the fires of racial tension, commuting the sentence of a convicted felon that even his own AG said was righteous and delivering incoherent press conferences in the Rose Garden.

The election is going to be a referendum on Tweety, and you can't get enough lipstick to sell that pig.

detbuch 07-16-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1197081)
It is about him and it should be.
He was the one screwing the pooch on the pandemic (propaganda), attacking protesters to stage photo ops with bibles (Nonsense}, ignoring Russian bounties on American soldiers (unproven attack), fanning the fires of racial tension(So you're saying we have fires of racial tension. Yeah. And they've been fanned for decades. Mostly in order to bring down the foundation of this country--accusing Trump is myopic), commuting the sentence of a convicted felon that even his own AG said was righteous and delivering incoherent press conferences in the Rose Garden. (That's what commuting does. You don't commute a non-convicted felon. And Stone, though a whacko, is not as bad nor dangerous as he is painted to be, and Barr is supposed to be this Trump bootlicker, so why would you go by what he says.)

The election is going to be a referendum on Tweety, and you can't get enough lipstick to sell that pig.

That's what you want. But it is about something far more important and fundamental than Trump or Biden.

Got Stripers 07-16-2020 10:22 AM

Someone’s been drinking a lot of coolaid but it’s to be expected.

Pete F. 07-16-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197084)
That's what you want. But it is about something far more important and fundamental than Trump or Biden.

Putin thinks so

Two years ago today

And he has yet to stand up to Putin on bounties, maybe that's the Governor's problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pFw3xCXQbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Xw0_2eMJg

Got Stripers 07-16-2020 11:56 AM

Russians are hacking facilities working on Covid vaccines, Trump will of course dispute the findings of any of his own intelligence agencies, it’s how he rolls.

scottw 07-16-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1197086)
Someone’s been drinking a lot of coolaid but it’s to be expected.

everybody drink!!!:cheers:

RickBomba 07-16-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1197077)

Populism sucks when it swings left.

See Slick Willy the Sax Player. #^&#^&#^&#^& wrote his whole corrupt ticket.