Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The madness never seems to end... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94509)

FishermanTim 12-03-2018 12:42 PM

The madness never seems to end...

Let's see, the remake of a remake of "The Grinch that stole Christmas" was just titled "The Grinch"...

Whack-jobs are now calling for a ban of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" because it condones bullying...

Now a Midwest radio station has stopped playing "Baby, it's cold outside" because THEY believe it promotes violence against women.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that these idiots have wasted so much time and energy to do such complete and in-depth "research" into the hidden meanings that only they can perceive, or that these "geniuses actually have the ability to walk, talk and rationalize a coherent thought?

The last item was the proverbial "last" straw, as they claim the lyrics are "insensitive to the "#METOO" movement.

I can't seem to find any instance, EVER of these same people protesting and promoting a boycott of ANY radio/TV station that broadcast any one of the thousands of popular rap songs that openly promote much worse treatment of women?

Nothing but a bunch of whiny, spineless wussies that need to waste time to feel that they are important, even if it's only to their (imaginary) friends and family!

basswipe 12-08-2018 10:12 AM

What else.....

Wanting a "white" Christmas is now racist,Frosty is racist because he's white. I didn't snow came in any other colors,unless you piss on it.

Charlie Brown is also a racist.He sat Franklin by himself in a lawn chair while everyone else sat in regular chairs on the other three sides of the table.And because he has no hair he's also a skin-head.

#
As far as the whole "me too" thing goes many grew up referring to this symbol correctly as the pound sign.

FishermanTim 12-10-2018 04:08 PM

Here's another example of rampant idiocy...

I went to a show Sat night. The performers are "The Edward Twins"
Identical twin brothers that are celebrity impersonators.
One does male celebrity, the other does female.

Now the "appearances" may not be spot on, but the voices are.

Here's the issue:
These brothers used to include a number of black celebrities in their routine, done in full makeup, but had been asked to stop because it was deemed "in poor taste" to do these impersonations in "black-face" makeup.

In one segment (they discussed this during a brief intermission while one was changing backstage) they mentioned how the brother that does male celebrities did Ray Charles AND Stevie Wonder, changing back & forth during the routine. He mentioned that he has been contacted by the powers that be related to both celebrities basically giving their full approval of the routine.

How is it that people, small minded people that probably haven't done anything worthwhile their entire life, can dictate how these performers can do their job?

In any case, I did enjoy the show, even if I was surrounded by women around my elderly mother's age.:rollem:

The Dad Fisherman 12-11-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1157174)
How is it that people, small minded people that probably haven't done anything worthwhile their entire life, can dictate how these performers can do their job?

A, because they're azzholes
B, The proverbial "Squeaky Wheel" gets the grease
C, people have lost the ability to tell someone to "GFY"

maddog2020 12-21-2018 07:55 PM

Santa baby song isn't pc to play on the air anymore. WTH. :(

It is all BS - just tell people to GFT: I totally agree!

JohnR 12-22-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog2020 (Post 1157898)
Santa baby song isn't pc to play on the air anymore. WTH. :(

It is all BS - just tell people to GFT: I totally agree!

Merry Christmas, Ray ; )

maddog2020 12-24-2018 03:59 PM

Thanks big guy. Hope all is good.

JohnR 12-24-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog2020 (Post 1158127)
Thanks big guy. Hope all is good.

Yep & Thanks ; )

wdmso 12-30-2018 10:28 AM

Tucker Carlson Mad About Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?

Appears both ends of the political spectrums have invented matching outrage over a topic 99% of the rest of us could care less about :kewl: