Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Weed (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91603)

Nebe 12-20-2016 08:58 AM

Weed

I wonder (because I am always wondering about stuff) if this recent republican shift in power isn't going to mean that the recent legalizations in local states marijuana laws won't be crushed by the Fed.

I don't really care either way, but it's something to think about.

scottw 12-20-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1113914)
I wonder

0-15

it's a State's issue....it's going to be a ton of fun watching the left suddenly screaming their new found support for State's Rights over Federal Power however.....

Nebe 12-20-2016 09:32 AM

On the flip side, there could be a lot of bongs for me to make and for you to repair Scott :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman 12-20-2016 09:45 AM

I'm pretty sure weed is the least of their worries.....

Raven 12-20-2016 01:19 PM

it's ridiculous to consider because it's a major tax surplus , Jobs, opiod drug control
... plus it's totally against the will of the VOTERS.

basswipe 12-22-2016 02:24 PM

Gina is doing her best to get this on the ballot in RI for Nov.'17 for retail sales before the exodus to Mass to buy in '18.She was completely opposed to legalization until MA passed it,$$$ and Dems go together like bacon and eggs or in this case the munchies and Doritos.

It will eventually become legal nationwide.The hypocrisy of current govt has been exposed,how can such a deadly drug like alcohol be legal nationwide and in comparison a much more benign drug like weed be illegal?

Jim in CT 12-22-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 1114074)
Gina is doing her best to get this on the ballot in RI for Nov.'17 for retail sales before the exodus to Mass to buy in '18.She was completely opposed to legalization until MA passed it,$$$ and Dems go together like bacon and eggs or in this case the munchies and Doritos.

It will eventually become legal nationwide.The hypocrisy of current govt has been exposed,how can such a deadly drug like alcohol be legal nationwide and in comparison a much more benign drug like weed be illegal?

It will be discussed in CT very very soon.

Most major medical groups like the AMA have historically been opposed to legalization. I presume they know a thing or two.

basswipe 12-22-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1114079)
Most major medical groups like the AMA have historically been opposed to legalization. I presume they know a thing or two.

The AMA knows something?Are you effing kidding me?

Outside of heroin the most deadly drug on this planet is alcohol,don't see the AMA saying much more than don't drink and drive.

You might actually benefit from a toke or two after work...it won't kill you and you really can stop anytime you want.And most importantly you might actually relax and stop arguing with the liberal moron who frequents this board.

Jim in CT 12-22-2016 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 1114096)

Outside of heroin the most deadly drug on this planet is alcohol,don't see the AMA saying much more than don't drink and drive.

You might actually benefit from a toke or two after work...it won't kill you and you really can stop anytime you want.And most importantly you might actually relax and stop arguing with the liberal moron who frequents this board.

The AMA knows something"

I believe they do.

"You might actually benefit from a toke or two after work"

Pass.

"you might actually relax "

That was funny. My blood pressure is plenty low.

I don't have much of a dog in this fight, I don't partake. But when one medical association after another opposes legalization, I notice. If more doctors start supporting legalization, I'll be all for it.

I don't like the idea of balancing the public budget by hurting people.

I have many friends that do it, they are great parents and successful at their jobs. Obviously it doesn't hurt every single person who does it.

I think more states will legalize, I bet CT soon will.

Raven 12-25-2016 06:24 AM

puff puff [says enough] -pass

Merry Christmas!

wdmso 12-25-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 1114096)

most importantly you might actually relax and stop arguing with the liberal moron who frequents this board.

You mean smoke the Weed brought to you by Liberal Morons in your State .. Thats funny

basswipe 12-25-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1114208)
You mean smoke the Weed brought to you by Liberal Morons in your State .. Thats funny

What Liberal brought weed to my state?Are you referring to David Cicilline,Jack Reed,Jim Langevin or Sheldon Whitehouse or the corrupt Dems on Smith Hill?All those dumb-#^&#^&#^&#^&s including Gina were opposed until to MA passed rec. and now all of a sudden its time to puff up.

Its all about how much those fools can line their pockets.

Btw weed is illegal in RI.Get yer sh!t straight,pay attention.

ProfessorM 12-25-2016 08:15 PM

the fact they are going to allow you to grow 6 plants for yourself is going to eliminate a lot of the tax revenue. Why would you pay for something you can grow yourself ?

Nebe 12-25-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 1114240)
the fact they are going to allow you to grow 6 plants for yourself is going to eliminate a lot of the tax revenue. Why would you pay for something you can grow yourself ?

Look at surfcasters who fish with custom wood lures. Not all of them make their own. I see it as a very similar scenario.
Not everyone is going to grow their own.

ProfessorM 12-25-2016 10:30 PM

Possibly but growing a weed is a lot easier. The amount of people that are into gardening is pretty high.

Raider Ronnie 12-26-2016 05:14 AM

Between cell phones, booze and now legalized weed, Fishingfreak & I will never have to worry about a lack of work !
Puff away all you dopes, just stay off the roads my wife & kids travel.

wdmso 12-26-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 1114226)
What Liberal brought weed to my state?Are you referring to David Cicilline,Jack Reed,Jim Langevin or Sheldon Whitehouse or the corrupt Dems on Smith Hill?All those dumb-#^&#^&#^&#^&s including Gina were opposed until to MA passed rec. and now all of a sudden its time to puff up.

Its all about how much those fools can line their pockets.

Btw weed is illegal in RI.Get yer sh!t straight,pay attention.

your an angry One ... Like I know where you live :btu:

ProfessorM 12-26-2016 08:25 AM

I know Ron it is pretty scary driving the roads now a days.

detbuch 12-29-2016 12:32 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medi...cid=spartandhp

Nebe 12-29-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1114380)

Oh my god. The horror. Let's make it illegal again

detbuch 12-29-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1114381)
Oh my god. The horror. Let's make it illegal again

Why? I don't care if it's legal or not. I just thought this was interesting since I keep hearing that weed is fairly harmless. If anyone using it regularly has these symptoms, maybe they should get it checked and determine the cause. Is that a bad thing?

Raven 12-31-2016 06:14 AM

nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1114381)
:lama: Let's make it illegal again

that's why the windmill farm was built off the rhody coast
to keep up with the demands for power.

soon everyone will have to have a gerbil running on a treadmill
generator :cool: