Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My New Favorite Hobby (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96637)

RickBomba 06-29-2020 04:53 AM

My New Favorite Hobby

The Lincoln Project.

Helps old Republicrats like me get back to winning.

Take Murica back; we deserve it!

JohnR 06-29-2020 06:38 AM

I'm sure it is.

Ironic that in the time of Cancel Culture, a Grifter like Rick Wilson, one of the founders of the Lincoln Project, isn't canceled for his Confederate Flag South Will Rise Again emblems. Looks to be another datapoint in that it only counts if it can be used against Trump.

Side note, the Conway house must be lit AF.

Pete F. 06-29-2020 07:04 AM

I kinda like Rick

“Remember the time that Barack Obama looked the other way while Russians put a bounty on the lives of American soldiers in Afghanistan?

Oh, wait.

That was Putin’s lapdog, @realDonaldTrump.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RickBomba 06-29-2020 01:18 PM

I donated $100 to the project.

Call me dumb, but realize that peeps like me will do anything to change current political situation.

“White Power”,
Donny Trump

Sea Dangles 06-29-2020 02:42 PM

I too believe in putting your money where your mouth is. Help make a change by getting involved.����

spence 06-29-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1195954)
Ironic that in the time of Cancel Culture, a Grifter like Rick Wilson, one of the founders of the Lincoln Project, isn't canceled for his Confederate Flag South Will Rise Again emblems. Looks to be another datapoint in that it only counts if it can be used against Trump.

He is pretty arrogant.

Quote:

Side note, the Conway house must be lit AF.
I don't know. Part of me thinks there's a dynamic to the relationship that isn't private, both theirs as well as hers to Trump.

Pete F. 06-29-2020 07:48 PM

Meanwhile the current occupant of the WH has failed to pay attention to his own tweets and once again claims “nobody told me”
If only he could remember what he tweeted, Poor Tweety
“Fact--Obama does not read his intelligence briefings nor does he get briefed in person by the CIA or DOD. Too busy I guess!”

Slipknot 06-29-2020 09:53 PM

Glad to see you are going to vote Libertarian Rick

RickBomba 06-30-2020 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1195977)
Glad to see you are going to vote Libertarian Rick

My homie...you really remembered that I’m a Libertarian?

Love you, Dood.

JohnR 06-30-2020 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1195980)
My homie...you really remembered that I’m a Libertarian?

Love you, Dood.

I'm a Libertarian, too. But we are collectively too stupid to be libertarian 'cause the stupid kids ruin it for the rest of us.

Nebe 06-30-2020 01:49 PM

Libertarians assume everyone else is as smart as them. ;)

Pete F. 06-30-2020 02:23 PM

A libertarian, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar. How do you know which is which?

Don't worry, they'll #^&#^&#^&#^&ing tell you.

The Dad Fisherman 06-30-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1195995)
Libertarians assume everyone else is as smart as them. ;)

And Democrats assume nobody is ;)

spence 06-30-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1195984)
I'm a Libertarian, too.

I think you meant to say "I am trained Libertarian" :rotf2:

RickBomba 07-01-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1196007)
And Democrats assume nobody is ;)

You know what they say about assumption...

You wouldn’t want for reporters to see me with a dark mask.

Call me Lone Ranger.

JohnR 07-02-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1196008)
I think you meant to say "I am trained Libertarian" :rotf2:

No, Libertarian is a default state for someone that wants to be left alone and let others to be left alone so all can go forward peacefully.

Too bad we can't have it.

Pete F. 07-02-2020 09:25 AM

Libertarian, Anarchist not much difference until Libertarian was redefined from liberal by Dean Russell

Many of us call ourselves "liberals." And it is true that the word "liberal" once described persons who respected the individual and feared the use of mass compulsions. But the leftists have now corrupted that once-proud term to identify themselves and their program of more government ownership of property and more controls over persons. As a result, those of us who believe in freedom must explain that when we call ourselves liberals, we mean liberals in the uncorrupted classical sense. At best, this is awkward and subject to misunderstanding. Here is a suggestion: Let those of us who love liberty trade-mark and reserve for our own use the good and honorable word "libertarian."

And here is something to thing about for those who claim to be "libertarian", SDS was a libertarian organization.