Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Memorable Day On The Water! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=65982)

BigFish 09-06-2010 01:34 PM

Memorable Day On The Water!

3 Attachment(s)
Tagger and I launched from Hull Gut at sunrise and spent the morning plugging the coastline! Tagger and I have both been waiting to get our first kayak stripers and this morning we finally both got the skunk off.....best part was we were doubled up!!! Tagger hooked up first to a nice fish and once he hooked up I was working my plug in so I could set the rod down to take some pics for Tagger when about 4 feet from the front of my yak as I was about to lift the plug from the water I had a fish come up and engulf my pencil!!! Tagger and I were both howling and laughing as we were both working our fish in!! Both keepers too Eddie for the first yak bass.....NICE!!! Congrats to you Ed and many more!!:uhuh:

BigFish 09-06-2010 01:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The fact my fish hit so close to the yak it took me down hard and gave me a good tow for a bit, kept running below the yak and gave me a good spin too! Fish Boga'd 22 pounds! I could not have been happier!! My rod was a bit light too so it was quite doubled over (Tiger Lite Ugly Stick) and it was touch and go for a minute but I kept a cool head and it felt amazing pulling it over the side into my lap!! Chowdah and Fishcakes are on the menu this week!!:drool: Eddie bagged a 5 pound blue on a rigged eel too!! Fun watching you tussle with that fish Eddie!!:rotf2:

PRBuzz 09-06-2010 01:52 PM

Congrats to the both of you. You did better than I did today.....:drool:

Backbeach Jake 09-06-2010 01:59 PM

Awesome!!:jump1:Thanks for the pix, now I know it can be done!!:uhuh:

Tagger 09-06-2010 02:17 PM

Blind leading the blind going thru Hull Gut this morning ..:err: 12'1" going thru that washing machine was scetchy to say the least . Definately need more practice landing fish in a yak ,, monkey with the football thing going on .. :humpty: Good times ,, covered alot of water ,, didn't break anything today .. Thanks Bad Larry...

BigFish 09-06-2010 02:18 PM

Great sharing great times with great people Eddie......thank you!

Tagger 09-06-2010 02:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my pcs ... so fitting off of Hull ..

numbskull 09-06-2010 03:58 PM

One of those shots would make a good front page photo.
I'll bet the coast guard is happy to relax this pm.

striperman36 09-06-2010 05:31 PM

would be cool though see the surf boat pull around from Pt Allerton and tow the hapless anglers back through the gut

fishbones 09-06-2010 05:59 PM

Great job, guys! I knew I should have sucked it up and went out with you. The pics are awesome, and very nice fish too. Must have been a blast catching them from yaks. And I'm sure Hull Gut is no match for Eddie, the way he takes on waves.

BigFish 09-06-2010 06:04 PM

Eddie......I told Angie you said nothing got broken today but she said you did break something......your dry spell!!!:rotf2:

John.....when we gonna get together again??

Kenny stopped by on his "BOAT" while we were out there to say hello! Good to see you Kenny! (We could tell he wished he was yakkin' with us.....keep an eye on the classifieds for a Parker for sale!) LOL!!! Kenny how did you make out today?

Tagger 09-06-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 792728)
And I'm sure Hull Gut is no match for Eddie, the way he takes on waves.

No .. It wasn't cool .. I compared it to skidding on snow .. I kept playing with the rudder turning into the skid . swirling ,, rippling ,, boat wakes . Once you were in it there was no turning back . And who was going to get my hat ? Both Bad Larry and I agreed .. next time we'll put in on the other side of the gut . Conditions were pretty flat too .. I think a sit in kayak with a skirt would feel better going thru the gut ..

niko 09-06-2010 06:47 PM

nice work gents. great pix

kenny 09-06-2010 06:55 PM

Only a blue outside,after I saw you guys. You are right about wishing to be yaking and geting tight to the rocks. Congrats to you and Tagger

BigFish 09-06-2010 06:56 PM

There it is.....50 posts!!!:uhuh: Sweet! We got the hook set now!!!:jump1: Only took you 8 years?!?!? Heck I do 50 posts standing on my head most days.....like today!! Great seeing you in the big boat Kenny!

fishbones 09-06-2010 07:20 PM

Congrats on hitting 50 posts, Kenny! Maybe you can make it to 60 before Bigfish hits 20,000.

Larry, just let me know the next time you head out and I will definitely try to make it. I had a blast last week.

tynan19 09-06-2010 07:23 PM

Congrats guys! Sounds like a great day.

Tagger 09-06-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenny (Post 792745)
Congrats to you and Tagger

small world .. funny bumping into you out there .. nice boat Peg Leg .. no bass dragging that around .. :uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman 09-07-2010 05:07 AM

Nice....looks like you guys had a blast....

Slipknot 09-07-2010 08:15 AM

Congrats to the 2 of you on your milestone
sounds like a pretty good day