Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   What’s Everybody Drinking For Lockdown? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96332)

The Dad Fisherman 03-31-2020 05:24 PM

What’s Everybody Drinking For Lockdown?

Stocked up on bourbons for a bit.

Picked up a nice Redbreast Irish Whiskey sampler and a Balvenie 12 Year Double Wood Scotch

So what’s in everybody’s glass while grounded :hee:

spence 03-31-2020 05:38 PM

Green tea, this one is pretty earthy. Packs a punch.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 03-31-2020 07:42 PM

Limes, Burnett’s and a sodastream, far better than
cardbordeux
For the short haul I’d say Hendricks, but for several reasons I’ll go with the thrifty choice

piemma 04-01-2020 04:33 AM

Josh, j. Lohr, Decoy, all Cabs under $20. I do not have a educated enough palate to tell the difference between a $20 and a $50 Cab. I can tell the difference once you get into the $70 to $100 range but I would never spend that kind of money.

Sea Dangles 04-01-2020 06:32 AM

Sour diesel,Moby #^&#^&#^&#^& and some sour livers. More to come

fishbones 04-01-2020 09:06 AM

Lots of Tito’s and soda, lots of Herradura Reposado and a beer here and there. I’ve been lucky enough to get my hands on some Bissell Bros., Alchemist, Vitamin Sea and Frost over the last few weeks.

rphud 05-10-2020 03:13 PM

crushing the wine cellar and Fox Farm.

Rockfish9 05-12-2020 08:01 AM

enjoying the home brew, the stout has really come into to it's own...

The Dad Fisherman 05-12-2020 10:45 AM

I've been trying different cocktails, last weekend was making Boulevardiers and Negronis

Nebe 05-12-2020 07:26 PM

I’ve been crushing 12 packs of Sierra Nevada pale ale like it’s going out of style. Never in my life have I guzzled this much beer .... burp.

Sea Dangles 05-12-2020 08:16 PM

Still sampling different makers of sotol. The anejo is a genuine sipper,no tequila type burn.

Nebe 05-12-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1193312)
Still sampling different makers of sotol. The anejo is a genuine sipper,no tequila type burn.

Have you tried casamingos ? I like their silver

fishbones 05-12-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1193312)

The reposado you got me is real smooth too. And it sneaks up on you when you’re on Zoom calls on a Saturday night. I’ll have to Try the anejo as well.

wdmso 05-13-2020 03:17 PM

New castle brown ale may year round beer , cant drink any IPAs there just gross and not a booze drinker , so until my. Fall german Octoberfest beers come out and seeing they canceled Octoberfest I might not get any :(

zimmy 05-13-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1193348)
New castle brown ale may year round beer , cant drink any IPAs there just gross and not a booze drinker , so until my. Fall german Octoberfest beers come out and seeing they canceled Octoberfest I might not get any :(

They brew them in ~March, so you will get anything done before the shut in.

I am drinking a near-beer IPA from Athletic Brewing in Stratford CT. It is very surprisingly enjoyable. It isn't Tree House, but in an effort to limit my consumption and still get to enjoy an IPA, it fits the bill. Only 70 calories too :walk:

JohnR 05-14-2020 12:53 PM

A work bud made a Treehouse trip over the weekend so i Have Bright, Doppelganger, Haze and a couple odds and ends ; )

TH is still my favorite that I can actually get.

While I do not know how often they are brewing, they are making mix and match cases on their website for drive-by / pickup service.

rphud 06-13-2020 09:02 AM

Totally into Fox Farm these days. Just a short detour to Salem on my way from RI to Hartford and a pretty drive at that. Me thinks they are likely the best overall brewers in New England, but I am hearing good things about Buttonwood and Long Live. Pils, smoked Lagers, Helles, and some pretty good IPAs to boot. Pils are world class in my book. Smoked Lager too.

fishbones 08-06-2020 12:16 PM

Was able to get my hands on a couple 4 packs of the Channel Charge collaboration by Trillium and Vitamin Sea last week. About as good as it gets for a double IPA and about what you’d expect from 2 of the best IPA breweries in the region.

The Dad Fisherman 08-06-2020 12:46 PM

I've been embracing Scotches lately, had a nice Glenlivet Cognac finished last weekend, may revisit it again this weekend.

rphud 08-09-2020 11:30 AM

started to reach for the Scotch but detoured to the Bulleit Frontier. Nice with the AVO Maduro.

fishbones 02-22-2021 08:30 PM

Tried Channel Charge, the latest collaboration between Trillium and Vitamin Sea yesterday. Another phenomenal double IPA by these guys.

JohnR 02-23-2021 04:25 PM

I've been mostly not drinking since last spring, a few fingers a month. Was a little too much or too often a year ago at the start of the lockdown so decided to back off and not contribute to the latest statistic ; )

The Dad Fisherman 02-23-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1209399)
I've been mostly not drinking since last spring, a few fingers a month. Was a little too much or too often a year ago at the start of the lockdown so decided to back off and not contribute to the latest statistic ; )

Yep, currently giving my liver a break for lent, usually after the holidays/football it’s screaming “No Mas”

rphud 02-26-2021 07:16 AM

wine, beer scotch fast for me as well for a month or more.

I do have some home brew aging in the cellar though. Kind of an imperial porter the way it came out. Started out as a brown ale and got a bit carried away with the grain bill me thinks.

The Dad Fisherman 02-26-2021 08:26 AM

As Bob Ross would say “Just a happy little accident” :hee: