Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   CNN (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94399)

Sea Dangles 11-06-2018 11:39 PM

CNN

Boy is it funny watching their very large panel confounded by the polling numbers vs actual results. Openly wondering how the Trump supporters suddenly appear on Election Day.

Ian 11-07-2018 12:11 AM

Was the polling wrong this time?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 11-07-2018 05:05 AM

blue wave turned out to be a puddle :laugha:

win/win for the republicans...kept the senate and get to add another supreme court justice most likely...dems get the house and 2 years of making complete asses out of themselves not working for the american people which will help trump win reelection...2 yr. weekend at pelosi's is going to be great fun...I guess we don't have to scrape the bodies of leftist off the pavement below overpasses(for 2 more years anyway) this morning so that's a good thing:jester:

wdmso 11-07-2018 05:05 AM

next 2 years should be interesting..

Still dont understand how voting is so difficult in the USA some places reported long lines and broken machines opening late no ballots... sure it's a big job but its 2018

Election day should be a Holiday... neither party will do it... they are both afraid of increased voter turnout

scottw 11-07-2018 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1154893)
next 2 years should be interesting..

Still dont understand how voting is so difficult in the USA some places reported long lines and broken machines opening late no ballots... sure it's a big job but its 2018

Election day should be a Holiday... neither party will do it... they are both afraid of increased voter turnout

yeah we need more holidays :doh:...here's an idea...how about just get there and vote on your own( it's actually not that hard), if you want to, without being constantly reminded/chastised/implored by idiots/celebrities/heads full of makeup on the tv and radio(both sides) that you MUST vote....

Got Stripers 11-07-2018 07:34 AM

With early voting it's not hard to vote in this state, in fact I walked in and out in less than ten minutes.

spence 11-07-2018 07:47 AM

Providing oversight is working for the American people.

Cool Beans 11-07-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1154894)
yeah we need more holidays :doh:...here's an idea...how about just get there and vote on your own( it's actually not that hard), if you want to, without being constantly reminded/chastised/implored by idiots/celebrities/heads full of makeup on the tv and radio(both sides) that you MUST vote....

Well it seems logical to me to make it a holiday. And if we have too many holidays, take away Presidents day and replace it with election day.

scottw 11-07-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool Beans (Post 1154912)
Well it seems logical to me to make it a holiday. And if we have too many holidays, take away Presidents day and replace it with election day.

it hasn't been necessary to make it a holiday since our founding....suddenly people need an entire day off to vote...good grief...why not vote on the weekend?....

Ian 11-07-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1154913)
it hasn't been necessary to make it a holiday since our founding....suddenly people need an entire day off to vote...good grief...why not vote on the weekend?....

We should just nationally allow mail in ballots.

Gives everyone the chance to vote, no matter what comes up on Tuesday.
Gives everyone a chance to vote with an informed opinion (looking up candidates and ballot questions while filling out the ballot)
Fixes the “same day registration” lines we saw in CT
Fixes unusually long lines at certain polling stations that steer people away from even casting a vote

Fixes a lot of things...

The Dad Fisherman 11-07-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 1154915)
Gives everyone a chance to vote with an informed opinion (looking up candidates and ballot questions while filling out the ballot)

In MA you can download your ballot ahead of time, its not official, but its an exact replica of what you will be voting on at your polling station. plug in your address and off you go.

Ian 11-07-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1154919)
In MA you can download your ballot ahead of time, its not official, but its an exact replica of what you will be voting on at your polling station. plug in your address and off you go.

They should let you then put it in an envelope and mail it in like Colorado, Washington and Oregon do.