Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   SEE THRU CANOE (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91626)

Raven 12-25-2016 10:10 AM

SEE THRU CANOE

https://weather.com/sports-recreatio...-through-canoe

FishermanTim 12-25-2016 05:39 PM

nothing but an expensive gimmick.

I can only imagine how someone would react when seeing a shark, alligator or even a seal right under their butts?

Just what would happen if said shark, alligator or seal attempts to bite said butt through the see-thru bottom?

Dos cost of canoe include possible legal fees when said canoe causes rider to die while using because of said shark, alligator or seal attack?

Some things are generally best left unseen!

fishsmith 12-26-2016 09:46 AM

Very cool, it would be like snorkeling while enjoying a cold one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND 12-26-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1114227)
nothing but an expensive gimmick.

I can only imagine how someone would react when seeing a shark, alligator or even a seal right under their butts?

Just what would happen if said shark, alligator or seal attempts to bite said butt through the see-thru bottom?

Dos cost of canoe include possible legal fees when said canoe causes rider to die while using because of said shark, alligator or seal attack?

Some things are generally best left unseen!

Jeez..., what crawled up your butt!
Neat idea.

FishermanTim 12-26-2016 06:40 PM

nothing crawled up my butt, at least not that I'm aware of...

But the video looks like it was shot in an aquarium or a nature preserve and not out in the wild. What do you think wild creatures, ones that would be happy to eat a person, what would they do if they can see what's inside the plastic container?

(Don't blame me for jumping to the lawsuit aspect in this scenario when our society lives and breaths by who can sue who.)

I will admit it's a neat gimmick, but just how much could you see in our waters, and would you want to go a far as you'd have to in order to get to where the clearer waters are?

Nebe 12-26-2016 07:24 PM

Are you afraid of the dark as well? :hidin:

RIROCKHOUND 12-27-2016 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1114268)
nothing crawled up my butt, at least not that I'm aware of...

But the video looks like it was shot in an aquarium or a nature preserve and not out in the wild. What do you think wild creatures, ones that would be happy to eat a person, what would they do if they can see what's inside the plastic container?

(Don't blame me for jumping to the lawsuit aspect in this scenario when our society lives and breaths by who can sue who.)

I will admit it's a neat gimmick, but just how much could you see in our waters, and would you want to go a far as you'd have to in order to get to where the clearer waters are?

How many places where you use a canoe are there things that are happy to eat a person? Whatever... :hidin:

FishermanTim 12-27-2016 12:15 PM

HA HA HA!

But seriously, no one would be using one of these out on the open sea, and when seeing a curious shark or seal underneath, wouldn't automatically crap their pants!

Unless you use it on waters that are crystal clear, which is not a long list, you wouldn't see much unless it was directly under you.

Somehow I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself as much if I knew there was a large aquatic animal that took me and the canoe as a large land-based human cannoli!

Nebe 12-27-2016 12:19 PM

An Un-examined life is a life not worth living. ;)

RIROCKHOUND 12-27-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1114298)
HA HA HA!

But seriously, no one would be using one of these out on the open sea, and when seeing a curious shark or seal underneath, wouldn't automatically crap their pants!

Unless you use it on waters that are crystal clear, which is not a long list, you wouldn't see much unless it was directly under you.

Somehow I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself as much if I knew there was a large aquatic animal that took me and the canoe as a large land-based human cannoli!

Then don't get in a yak in the open ocean, a seal or shark is just as likely to bump that as a clear canoe...

FishermanTim 12-27-2016 04:42 PM

I agree, but wouldn't you pick a gift if you could see what was inside???

A canoe and kayak would present a certain shape/silhouette, but a see-thru canoe reveals exactly what's inside.

Cool Beans 12-28-2016 08:00 AM

I think its more important as to what the folks on shore have to endure, seeing some overweight fisherman, sporting too much plumbers crack paddling past....

on the other hand, this is a great idea for girls in bikinis.

fishbones 12-28-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1114315)
I agree, but wouldn't you pick a gift if you could see what was inside???

A canoe and kayak would present a certain shape/silhouette, but a see-thru canoe reveals exactly what's inside.

Sharks don't want to eat humans. Attacks are almost always mistakes, so if they can see you clearly, you're better off. True story.

Nebe 12-28-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 1114340)
Sharks don't want to eat humans. Attacks are almost always mistakes, so if they can see you clearly, you're better off. True story.

The outline of a surfer laying on a surfboard is identicle to a seal ;)

FishermanTim 12-28-2016 12:15 PM

I agree that the bikini aspect would be intriguing (a thong more so).

Girls in a see thru canoe will probably question why there are so many guys with snorkels following her around?

What would the reaction be to some overweight dude in a banana hammock / grape smuggler suit??? :eek5::yak: