Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   So proud (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92500)

wdmso 07-02-2017 11:41 AM

So proud
 
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...03147168071680

Slipknot 07-02-2017 12:23 PM

well I guess when you are bullied, you fight back

he's not setting a good example for sure, but we all know he has thin skin

nothing new here

buckman 07-02-2017 01:06 PM

Horrible , I couldnt sleep last night and then i switched on CNN and they were trashing him after an amazing speech yesterday and I realized ...Damn , he's right again .
Enjoy the 4th my friend and remember what's important in life 🇺🇸 Thank you again for your service
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 07-03-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1124506)
well I guess when you are bullied, you fight back

he's not setting a good example for sure, but we all know he has thin skin

nothing new here


And thats the problem the right has accepted and normalized his behavior ... what will be seen as going to far? for this POTUS

wdmso 07-03-2017 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1124511)
Horrible , I couldnt sleep last night and then i switched on CNN and they were trashing him after an amazing speech yesterday and I realized ...Damn , he's right again .
Enjoy the 4th my friend and remember what's important in life 🇺🇸 Thank you again for your service
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Thanks and enjoy your 4th as well

as for Trump's amazing speech . you mean the one were he made it about himself I wish he (Trump)would remember what's important in life and put the office and the country before his ego.. but he seem unable or unwilling to do so

President Trump used his first Fourth of July speech in office on Saturday to honor veterans, and to continue to hit the media.

“The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House, but I’m president and they’re not,” Trump said, headlining the Celebrate Freedom Concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

“The fact is the press destroyed themselves because they went too far. Instead of being subtle and smart, they used the hatchet and the people saw it right from the beginning,” he continued.

“The dishonest media will not stop us from accomplishing our objectives on behalf of the American people. Their agenda is not your agenda,” he said, rallying his supporters.

Got Stripers 07-03-2017 07:48 AM

I love his mouth piece saying Trump has never promoted violence; really what hole have you had your head? For someone who hates the media as much as Trump does, you would think by now he would realize you don't put out the fire by throwing gasoline on it. I'm so tired of it at this point, I switch to the nature channels and watch snow leopards hump on the cliffside instead of hearing the twitterstorm report of the day.

buckman 07-03-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124529)
Thanks and enjoy your 4th as well

as for Trump's amazing speech . you mean the one were he made it about himself I wish he (Trump)would remember what's important in life and put the office and the country before his ego.. but he seem unable or unwilling to do so

President Trump used his first Fourth of July speech in office on Saturday to honor veterans, and to continue to hit the media.

“The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House, but I’m president and they’re not,” Trump said, headlining the Celebrate Freedom Concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

“The fact is the press destroyed themselves because they went too far. Instead of being subtle and smart, they used the hatchet and the people saw it right from the beginning,” he continued.

“The dishonest media will not stop us from accomplishing our objectives on behalf of the American people. Their agenda is not your agenda,” he said, rallying his supporters.

I see you were watching CNN also .
That's pretty much all they reported on . There was much more
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 07-03-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124529)

as for Trump's amazing speech . you mean the one were he made it about himself I wish he (Trump)would remember what's important in life and put the office and the country before his ego.. but he seem unable or unwilling to do so no one has referred to themselves more frequently in speeches than Obama....though Trump may give him a run for the title

President Trump used his first Fourth of July speech in office on Saturday to honor veterans, and to continue to hit the media.and......?????

“The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House, but I’m president and they’re not,” Trump said, headlining the Celebrate Freedom Concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. this is an entirely true statement which is odd for Trump as we're told he's always lying

“The fact is the press destroyed themselves because they went too far. Instead of being subtle and smart, they used the hatchet and the people saw it right from the beginning,” he continued. also entirely true...wats up wit Trump????

“The dishonest media will not stop us from accomplishing our objectives on behalf of the American people. Their agenda is not your agenda,” he said, rallying his supporters.

the first part is potentially true statement and the second entirely true....I'm becoming concerned about him...what will the media do if he starts telling the truth about everything????

wdmso 07-03-2017 11:35 AM

Again your sources are dubious and false equivalencies

not talking about the words "I," "me," or "my,"


I am talking about .... Trump Taking an Occassion like Independence day or the coast Guard academy commencement speech and others to hijack them and play look I am a Victim... getting attacked by the dishonest media :deadhorse:

scottw 07-03-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124553)
Again your sources are dubious

my source was your post

scottw 07-04-2017 04:43 AM

pretty well stated
 
by JONAH GOLDBERG July 4, 2017

Trump has succeeded in making the story about himself. But is that ‘winning’? On the Saturday before the Fourth of July, Donald Trump tweeted, “My use of social media is not Presidential — it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!” I joked on Twitter that I thought this was a perfectly apt explanation for a real-estate guy. After all, that’s how President Trump spent much of his life, hawking condos by spinning downsides as upsides. In real-estate jargon, an ad that boasts a “unique design” might actually mean “toilet in the kitchen.” An “original” “fixer-upper” in an “up-and-coming neighborhood” might still have the chalk body outlines on bloodstained floors. I shouldn’t be recycling jokes from Twitter. But since so much of our national conversation is little more than sewage spillover from the sluices of the president’s Twitter feed, I figured it was okay. Besides, maybe the president is right. The professional Trump Explainers insist that we should take him seriously, not literally. But literalness is on his side here. He’s the president. So he defines what’s presidential. It’s the figurative defenses that are failing him. The standard justification of the president’s tweets is that he’s a “fighter” and a “counterpuncher” who needs to return fire on the “fake media.” We’ll return to the media in a moment, but this begs the question. The people who say he has to fight and counterpunch take it as a given that this tactic is effective. Is it? What evidence is there that, say, his shabby attacks on Mika Brzezinski’s “bleeding” facelift brush back the media like a pitcher delivering a little chin music? Is the argument really that media coverage of the Trump administration would be worse if not for his seemingly aphasic outbursts and insults? “He’s a fighter” and “He’s a counterpuncher” are not serious arguments. They’re simply euphemistic descriptions of his tendency to let his id run free like an escaped monkey from a cocaine study. (And not just on Twitter; his presence on the platform merely reflects his character.) What does rise to the level of an argument is the claim that he’s brilliantly controlling the media narrative. And he is. But the brilliance only emerges if you tautologically define winning as making the story about yourself, regardless of the story’s content. Heads will turn your way if you pour a bowl of hot soup in your lap. And if turning heads is your metric of success, well, voila. An analysis by Axios found that just 2.5 percent of Trump’s personal tweets in June (three out of 121) were about the White House’s policy agenda. Just last week, the Trump administration had some arguably major political, policy, and legislative accomplishments. Can you name any of them? Probably not. But my guess is you can recount the details of his greatest hits on Twitter. Which brings us to the media. On June 6 (D-Day, of all days) the president tweeted: “The FAKE MSM is working so hard trying to get me not to use Social Media. They hate that I can get the honest and unfiltered message out.” CNN’s Jake Tapper correctly replied, “Fact Check: MSM eat up his tweets like Skittles. It’s WH advisers, lawyers and Trump supporters who want him to stop tweeting.” Individual journalists such as Tapper notwithstanding, the media rival the president in their self-absorption and self-regard. If I give my dogs a choice between eating a bowl of hamburger or a bowl of kale, they won’t even see it as a choice. Similarly, given the option of talking about good news for the administration or talking about themselves as heroic martyrs and truth-tellers persecuted by the president, they’ll take the bait every time. My National Review colleague Kevin Williamson makes a powerful case that the president needs media attention “the way a junkie needs his junk.” I think that’s irrefutable. But if attention is the junk, the media is the junkie’s co-dependent junkie girlfriend. The dysfunction of the relationship only encourages both sides to boost the dosage and rationalize the addiction. The president’s tweet of a stupid wrestling video depicting himself bludgeoning CNN wasn’t a threat of violence against journalists. But covering it that way makes the high last longer for both junkies. The simple truth: It was a churlish and juvenile outburst. But, hey, that’s what passes for presidential these days.

detbuch 07-04-2017 05:35 AM

What passed for "presidential" during the last three administrations (Clinton, Bush, and Obama)? And didn't the media consider itself the arbiter of what was presidential during those and most other administrations? I remember the media referring to Nixon as a sort of emperor, to Reagan as a buffoon actor who slept through his terms.

The battle (or love relationship) between the President and the Press has always existed and has always been rather stupid. And the Press has usually been the mirror image of what it accused the President of being when it criticized his foibles and proclivities.

As you've pointed out, the Trump era is more entertaining.

The real things go on, quietly or otherwise. We have to pay attention. The MSM tends to deflect from reality and drift into its own self-serving interpretations.

scottw 07-04-2017 05:57 AM

Trump is waterboarding for the left and media...they all think they're going to die but are probably not in nearly the danger they imagine...


Trump is tickle torture for the right...it hurts a little and you probably want it to stop but there is that feeling of euphoria from laughing so hard.....

Trump is everything the self-important left and media has characterized anyone that disagreed with them ideologically for years thrown back in their faces with attitude...and they're not happy, in fact , quite perplexed... :jester:

Jim in CT 07-04-2017 06:14 AM

Trump needs someone in his circle to reign him in a bit. This behavior is way beneath the dignity of the office. I would have preferred just about any one of the republicans who ran against him. But I'll take him over Hilary any day.

The media isn't being fair to him or his family, they aren't capable at this point of being fair. But this response isn't the correct response.

Jim in CT 07-04-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124527)
And thats the problem the right has accepted and normalized his behavior ... what will be seen as going to far? for this POTUS

There are lot of people on the right who are critical of him.

Jim in CT 07-04-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1124585)
Trump is waterboarding for the left and media...they all think they're going to die but are probably not in nearly the danger they imagine...


Trump is tickle torture for the right...it hurts a little and you probably want it to stop but there is that feeling of euphoria from laughing so hard.....

Trump is everything the self-important left and media has characterized anyone that disagreed with them ideologically for years thrown back in their faces with attitude...and they're not happy, in fact , quite perplexed... :jester:

I dunno...the fringe left media, is seeing ratings they have never seen before. That may not be a good thing.

We need someone to put a gun to Condaleeza Rice's head, and tell her that she owes it to her country to take over. That's who I want in there.

Jim in CT 07-04-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1124567)
my source was your post

That was funny.

Nebe 07-04-2017 07:31 AM

Rumor has it that they are going to start filming the Jerry Springer show at the White House next week. Judge Judy is nominated for the Supreme Court too....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 07-04-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1124593)
Rumor has it that they are going to start filming the Jerry Springer show at the White House next week. Judge Judy is nominated for the Supreme Court too....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


And that wouldn't be seen as an issue :cheers2:

scottw 07-04-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124609)
And that wouldn't be seen as an issue :cheers2:


hey...why not?...Al Franken is a Senator......Spence would tell you that Judge Judy and Jerry Springer both have "impressive resumes"

detbuch 07-04-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124609)
And that wouldn't be seen as an issue :cheers2:

The bar for what it takes to create in issue in the Whitehouse was set pretty high by the famous BJ.

wdmso 07-05-2017 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1124613)
The bar for what it takes to create in issue in the Whitehouse was set pretty high by the famous BJ.


Thats a remarkable point of view.. From a strict Originalist

JohnR 07-05-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1124588)
I dunno...the fringe left media, is seeing ratings they have never seen before. That may not be a good thing.

We need someone to put a gun to Condaleeza Rice's head, and tell her that she owes it to her country to take over. That's who I want in there.


I was thinking the other day who was the most qualified public official we've seen in the past decade & change - her name came up. She is arguably the smartest, most thoughtful, savvy, diplomatic senior official we've seen in some time.

Though I would use a different carrot, appeal to her patriotism, rather than your, uhh, figurative stick. :bshake:

Jim in CT 07-05-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1124628)
I was thinking the other day who was the most qualified public official we've seen in the past decade & change - her name came up. She is arguably the smartest, most thoughtful, savvy, diplomatic senior official we've seen in some time.

Though I would use a different carrot, appeal to her patriotism, rather than your, uhh, figurative stick. :bshake:

Agreed. I think the world needs her in that role. I read her biography a few years ago, it was amazing. I think she'd be uniquely qualified to solve our problems, and unlike Obama and trump, help bring us together. I don't know who else could do that, as effectively as she could. I love her.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

buckman 07-05-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1124609)
And that wouldn't be seen as an issue :cheers2:

Of course it would be, Jerry is a Democrat . 👎
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com