Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Keep your religion the eff out of my politics. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=51605)

likwid 09-08-2008 07:42 PM

Keep your religion the eff out of my politics.

Thank you. :af::cens:

justplugit 09-08-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 618752)
Thank you. :af::cens:

:agree:

boot man 09-09-2008 06:57 AM

You got chocolate on my peanut butter!

I mean, keep your politics out of my religion. lol

JohnR 09-09-2008 07:25 AM

Keep your Communists out of my Democrats!

(want the party back)

RIJIMMY 09-09-2008 07:36 AM

Palin has done little while in office to advance a social conservative agenda. She told The Associated Press in an interview in 2006 that she would not allow her personal beliefs to dictate public policy.

"I've honestly answered the questions on what my personal views are on things like abortion and a lot of controversial issues," Palin told AP. "I won't hesitate to answer those questions about what my personal views are, but I am not one to be out there preaching and forcing my views on anyone else."

Nebe 09-09-2008 08:46 AM

um yeah..

RIJIMMY 09-09-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 618837)
um yeah..

I know, any republicans with religious convictions are wacko religious nuts, but democrats that belong to separatist churchs, preaching black theology, and radical politics are a-ok.

Obama wrote books on his faith and the influence of his church. Apparntly Palin's religious views arent enough for her to write books about or note her pastor as a strong influence. Maybe she is just like lots of Americans that just go to church each week. But then again, that would take away the Dem attack plan.

likwid 09-09-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 618839)
I know, any republicans with religious convictions are wacko religious nuts, but democrats that belong to separatist churchs, preaching black theology, and radical politics are a-ok.

Obama wrote books on his faith and the influence of his church. Apparntly Palin's religious views arent enough for her to write books about or note her pastor as a strong influence. Maybe she is just like lots of Americans that just go to church each week. But then again, that would take away the Dem attack plan.

Yet she goes on ranting how Iraq is a mission from God?

Give me a break.

RIJIMMY 09-09-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 618853)

Give me a break.

yes, one sentence is a "rant"
keep stretching

justplugit 09-09-2008 10:06 AM

Two edge sword here.

Obama and his church, The Trinity United Church of Christ, are members of the UCC, (United Church of Christ) with it's 5600 churches and 1.2 million members.

In June 0/7 Obama was the Key Note speaker at the National UCC 3 day meeting in Ct., where they were also celebrating their 50th Anniversary.

Besides telling of his convictions, he included his political rhetoric.

They were "signing up" members to support his campaign at the meeting and the UCC came under investigation as to wether it should be allowed to keep it's tax free status.

Cuts both ways.

buckman 09-09-2008 02:25 PM

I don't really care much about religion and it's effect on political decision making. It doesn't effect it and if you think it does, give me an example.John Kennedy was a Catholic, and that was a bad thing to some people. I don't think Romney being a Mormon effected anything he did in Ma. I went to Catholic schools and I would not be considered spiritual by anyone.

Nebe 09-09-2008 02:57 PM

women worship me.. does that make me spiritual? :love:

stripersnipr 09-09-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 618853)

Give me a break.

Have any context to put to that or should we just dump it in the same place as the Britney had Sarahs baby crap?

likwid 09-09-2008 07:51 PM

Eating shellfish is an abomination?

See you all in hell!