Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   More proof (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=86454)

Liv2Fish 07-31-2014 08:53 AM

More proof

That animals are much smarter than they get credit for

I was just out on the back deck getting ready to move some furniture around and my great dane was acting strange barking at me and walking away like he wanted me to follow him. I walked to the other side of the deck and he ran back to where I was standing near the covered deck table. I tried to walk back towards the table and he got aggressive with me and barked me back (with tail wagging). Then I noticed a wasp fly out from under the table cover. Turns out there was the largest paper wasp nest I've ever seen hanging from the bottom of the table under the cover. I would have gotten the #^&#^&#^&#^& stung out of me. I managed to defeat them without getting stung once by spraying the wasp killer into the nest up through the deck boards. Someone's getting a prime rib bone tonight!

Fly Rod 07-31-2014 08:57 AM

I always found it best to wait to just before dark and then spray them ...most would be in hive

massbassman 07-31-2014 09:44 AM

Funny story Mark! You wonder if he got zapped before you came over and thats why he was warning you?! Either way, give that dog a bone!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

jim sylvester 07-31-2014 05:58 PM

that's why they are mans best friend.....always have your back

nice reward with the rib bone...just make sure you don't give it to him cooked....could splinter on the pooch

better off going to the butcher and have him cut a 4"shank for him.....actually forgot he's a dane....better cut a 8" shank...lol

Raven 07-31-2014 06:54 PM

good doggie.... i hate hornets
i am wracked with pain every day
because of them f-ing things
killem All

WESTPORTMAFIA 07-31-2014 08:01 PM

I have my Lab walk into the Chinese massage joints first. If he starts barking I just take off. He has a tag with our address and always ends up home if the chit goes down. They are so friggin smart!

massbassman 08-01-2014 04:44 AM

Our mini Dachshund tangled with a hornet a last week,and lost, and got stung. Later that day we were sitting on the deck but she wouldn't join us. Every time I opened the door for her to come out, she pinned her ears back and tucked her tail, and went back to her bed. I think she might need some therapy.

Raven 08-01-2014 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWPORTMAFIA (Post 1048282)
They are so friggin smart!

they are also quite tasty (so i've read) and on the menu :uhuh:

that's one BRAVE lab !

Backbeach Jake 08-20-2014 06:36 PM

Carbuerator cleaner folds hornets up in mid flight. Instant death.

iamskippy 08-20-2014 09:24 PM

Dish soup and water is a nice death for bees as they breath threw their skin and the soup prevents it.

PRBuzz 08-21-2014 06:19 AM

Skippy what do you add to your dish soup: is that the dirty water rinse from dinner plates? :)

iamskippy 08-21-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 1049777)
Skippy what do you add to your dish soup: is that the dirty water rinse from dinner plates? :)

Lol ty auto correct.. lol soap not soup mr smarty pants lol