Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Gas tax (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=60830)

UserRemoved1 12-06-2009 02:54 PM

Gas tax

f
u

Karl F 12-06-2009 04:00 PM

the Gov wanted 19 cents increase on gas, and toll hikes, and made a deal with Beacon for the increase on the sales tax from 5% to 6 1/4 %, and from 0% on booze, to 61/4% to make those two go away... now Beacon Hill wants to raise gas tax by 50%...well, our fault, we keep voting the same crooks in every two years... over half of them with lengthy criminal % corruption records too...

more damn crooks on Beacon Hill than at "Cedar Junction"....

eff 'em all....
and vote out all incumbents, one term...see ya... ain't a good one in the bunch.

what is even scarier, is they cannot account where the incresed revenue from the sales tax, has gone to either!

striperman36 12-06-2009 05:13 PM

Glad I work in RI. Diesel even on Aquindeck Island is 15 cents per gallon cheeper than on the other side of the bridge

buckman 12-06-2009 05:35 PM

I'll make my booze runs north and my fuel runs south.

JohnnyD 12-06-2009 07:47 PM

They have to create the state funds to build Kraft's bridge somehow.

justplugit 12-07-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl F (Post 728586)

eff 'em all....
and vote out all incumbents, one term...see ya... ain't a good one in the bunch.

That goes for local, state and national too.

There ain't nobody, Karl. :(

Karl F 12-07-2009 01:25 PM

So?... is it Time? (watch and listen hard, more than once even)

YouTube - The Second American Revolution - We The People

do enough of the citizens of this fine country (?) have enough resolve to do this again?

Thomas Jefferson said, "Every Generation needs it's own Revolution"
If that is so....we are long over due.

One way to start... vote out all incumbents... someone will say, "Oh, you will get people in there with no idea of what they are doing!"..
Yes, true, but also get rid of some of those that tickle the till and screw us over on a daily basis... if enough get rotated out... it just might sound a wake up call....:huh: ...who knows?

justplugit 12-07-2009 10:34 PM

They have our #, knowing we don't have the time to keep abreast if we are working, raising a family and trying to keep a job.

They ram stuff through at Holiday time, weekend meetings, behind closed doors, and whenever nobodies paying attention.

They know we have short memories.

And WE let them get away with it. :(

The average Joe Citizen is not dumb, and if he lives and works long enough has more common sense than all the cronies put together.
Everybody is so impressed by smooth talkers and intelligence. It's a buncha BS.

Give me an average guy with successful business experience, wisdom and the guts to do the right thing and then we will have a leader.

Vote em all out, I'll take my chances, this ship is sinking fast. :mad:

buckman 12-08-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 729026)
They have our #, knowing we don't have the time to keep abreast if we are working, raising a family and trying to keep a job.

They ram stuff through at Holiday time, weekend meetings, behind closed doors, and whenever nobodies paying attention.

They know we have short memories.

And WE let them get away with it. :(

The average Joe Citizen is not dumb, and if he lives and works long enough has more common sense than all the cronies put together.
Everybody is so impressed by smooth talkers and intelligence. It's a buncha BS.

Give me an average guy with successful business experience, wisdom and the guts to do the right thing and then we will have a leader.

Vote em all out, I'll take my chances, this ship is sinking fast. :mad:

We'll see how dumb we are come election time.

If you don't vote everyone out, then you should have "stupid ass" as your middle name.
Put anyone of these Kennedy clones in in Ma. and your even dumber.

BigFish 12-08-2009 07:10 PM

$%*&#@ them all!:fury: