Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Gore serves endangered fish at daughter's wedding (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=42298)

2na 07-18-2007 07:47 AM

Gore serves endangered fish at daughter's wedding

I'm shocked!

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001031,00.html

justplugit 07-18-2007 08:50 AM

Politicians are all the same,
speaking out of both sides of their mouth and the old,
do as i say not as i do. :fishslap:

baldwin 07-18-2007 08:54 AM

Always somethin' fishy with them politicians. Save the earth, but kill off everything species-by-species.

Bronko 07-18-2007 09:10 AM

The hits just keep on coming. He has a Shakespearian Tragic Flaw when it comes to this stuff.:rotfl: :rotfl:

zacs 07-18-2007 09:46 AM

To somewhat defend the guy, there are some toothfish fisheries that are very well managed and very healthy. You don't usually get that story in the news, though. They [media/greens] report only the worst of the worst. They don't want anyone fishing for anything anywhere.

You don't see to many stories on the news about success stories in fisheries manangement, like Sea Scallops for example...

vanstaal 07-18-2007 11:27 AM

interesting hmmmm :smokin:

The Dad Fisherman 07-18-2007 11:56 AM

Is it Illegal to eat it.....No Chilean Sea Bass Recipe
Is it Illegal to Sell it......No Buy Fresh Chilean Sea Bass
Is it on the Endangered Species List......No List of Endangered Fish

But the guy serves it at his daughters wedding and he might as well be filling a cooler with shorts out on the Merrimac. :rollem:

Rockport24 07-18-2007 12:10 PM

what do you want the guy to be a f'n vegan? then they would say he's killing too many plants!! :rocketem:

Nebe 07-18-2007 12:18 PM

who gives a crap... at least he is behind the cause to make sure those fish will be able to survive in the areas that they are in now- Do you guys really think that someone like bush would even think twice about a fish like that??

come on...

MrHunters 07-18-2007 12:23 PM

give me a break.

put it into perspective and do a little thinking on your own..

the guy is under the microscope because he's taking a controversial issue by storm... im sure they even look at what kind of toilet paper he uses and how many sheets per wipe.

Shake N' Bake 07-18-2007 01:00 PM

Right On The Dad Fisherman, Rockport24, and Nebe
ALL Of us should be happy that somone is trying to save the very waters we fish from...

fishpoopoo 07-18-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 508171)
Is it Illegal to eat it.....No Chilean Sea Bass Recipe
Is it Illegal to Sell it......No Buy Fresh Chilean Sea Bass
Is it on the Endangered Species List......No List of Endangered Fish

But the guy serves it at his daughters wedding and he might as well be filling a cooler with shorts out on the Merrimac. :rollem:

Man, this thread is making me really hungry.

Bronko 07-18-2007 01:21 PM

You got it bad don't you Nebe? Picked yourself up a pretty nasty case case of B.D.S. (Bush Derangement Syndrome). What the hell did this have to do with GW? We are poking fun of a guy who clearly takes a 'do as I say not as I do attitude.' Ad do MOST politicians. This wasn't party specific. Good lord.:smash: :smash: :smash:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 508178)
who gives a crap... at least he is behind the cause to make sure those fish will be able to survive in the areas that they are in now- Do you guys really think that someone like bush would even think twice about a fish like that??

come on...

Nebe 07-18-2007 01:44 PM

not bad at all. I used bush as an example because it is the morons who support him who would think that serving chilean sea bass is some sort of crime, or at least it is some sort of reason to point the finger...

Striped bass was almost over fished to the brink in the 80's... what if Gore served that for his wedding dinner?? I dont see the difference.

Bronko 07-18-2007 02:06 PM

:laugha: :laugha: :laugha: Take this man to the emergency room STAT.

....it may be terminal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 508199)
not bad at all. I used bush as an example because it is the morons who support him who would think that serving chilean sea bass is some sort of crime, or at least it is some sort of reason to point the finger...

Striped bass was almost over fished to the brink in the 80's... what if Gore served that for his wedding dinner?? I dont see the difference.

vanstaal 07-18-2007 02:16 PM

I wonder if they lit up some Cubans after dinner hmmm:smokin:

Rockport24 07-18-2007 02:30 PM

Let's face it, Al Gore is part of "fat cat America" but that is the whole reason why people are actually listening to the guy. Of course everything he does will be put under a microscope, but at least he has the balls to step up and make people aware of the problems.
Did you know he purchases alternative energy credits for all the energy he uses at his multiple properties? Not saying the guy is saint, but give me a break with this story.

Nebe 07-18-2007 04:50 PM

whole foods sells Chilean sea bass. whole foods is one of the most environmentally consciouses grocers in America. :bshake:

fishpoopoo 07-18-2007 05:15 PM

i think al gore is a pinko wanker, but honestly ... do you think he picked the menu for his daughter's wedding?

who picked the menu when you guys got married? (if it were up to me i would have had mine catered by hooters).

on the flip side, would you have been such a debbie downer to your own daughter by saying "no you can't serve chilean sea bass it will make me look bad."

redcrbbr 07-18-2007 10:25 PM

Wonder if it was poached or steamed by global warming:fishslap:

2na 07-19-2007 07:12 AM

This is awesome! I started this because I thought it was funny that the Humane Society was giving Gore a hard time about fish and this thread tumbled out of control. Pinko wanker?! Fantastic.
My first thread started in the Scuppers. Gonna have to do more of this.

Bronko 07-19-2007 07:16 AM

"The earth has a fever."

saltfly 07-19-2007 08:02 AM

Too bad they didnt serve a species that's native to this country.That way it would support the american worker:smash:

fishbones 07-19-2007 03:11 PM

This is the same guy who wants everybody to be "green" and save the environment, but flies around the country in a private jet to save the earth. I wonder if it runs on old cooking oil? If he wasn't the inventor of the internet, I'd think that he was a dummy, but obviously he is just a hypocrite.

striperman36 07-19-2007 03:33 PM

they should have served SEAL

RIROCKHOUND 07-19-2007 04:12 PM

As far as the jet goes. One could argue the value of the message he is trying to send far outweighs the CO2 emissions of his private jet.

The non-climate change crowd and the it's natural and not our fault crowd will pick everything he does apart from now till eternity... I can see it now "oh god his casket isnt biodegradable..."

Give me a break... if he had served Cod would they have griped about illegal trawling on closed parts of Georges? OR if he served shrimp would the mention the 8lbs of bycatch per lb caught wild or the habitat degradation of shrimp farming... what a waste of time... frigging media drives me nuts...

Like FWW said... do you really think he even asked what was being served?

fishsmith 07-19-2007 05:32 PM

This thread title should read:

"Gore DEserves endangered fish at daughter's wedding"

We wouldn't be posting here with out him. He did invent the internet ... duh :smash:

NIB 07-20-2007 06:31 AM

They tried to get Mega Death for the band.

This is a PMRC joke.

179 07-20-2007 06:37 AM

Maybe he can buy a fish offset along with his carbon offsets.

boot man 07-20-2007 10:56 AM

ANd that's not all...after the Sea Bass and a few Mai Tai's, Tipper lifted her right cheek slightly and let the ozone-depleting methane fly.