Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   WEEI: Brady has torn ACL - Giselled!!!!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=51572)

striperman36 09-07-2008 07:02 PM

WEEI: Brady has torn ACL - Giselled!!!!!

WEEI’s Ron Borges is reporting that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady suffered a torn ACL today, citing an NFL source close to the situation. If true, Brady is likely done for the season.

Giselled!!!!

MrHunters 09-07-2008 07:23 PM

i had a feeling that was what I saw. this is not good.

striperman36 09-07-2008 07:25 PM

I wonder if Giselle will ditch him now that he's damaged. That woman is bad luck for her men
Maybe Brig will take him back

Uncle Matt 09-07-2008 07:40 PM

Frig Brig. Stay with the foreign hotty!!!!!

BigFish 09-07-2008 07:50 PM

Time to start drinking again!:cheers::cheers2::gu::gu:

striperman36 09-07-2008 07:54 PM

thankfully the red sox will be having a long post season again.

Slipknot 09-07-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 618404)
Time to start drinking again!:cheers::cheers2::gu::gu:

you ain't kidding larry
I'll need to be medicated to get thru the jets game next week :(:(:(
if I wasn't driving home from the game, I would have partaken in quite a few today at the game.

This is soooo not good

I hope it's not true

BigFish 09-07-2008 08:08 PM

This is not a good injury for a QB.....at least it was his front leg and not the leg he throws from! He is gonna be down for quite awhile! Can you say Vinny Testarverde?

Slipknot 09-07-2008 08:30 PM

I'll have to put a call in to Bill

JohnR 09-07-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 618435)
I'll have to put a call in to Bill

You do that - I'll call Giselle

fumifish 09-07-2008 09:23 PM

hey guys!!

the giants are looking for a few good fans!!! :biglaugh:

:rotf3:

:lama:

NIB 09-07-2008 11:41 PM

How many times you see someone not go thru training camp and get hurt the first game of the season..
I here Chris Simms is gonna get a workout..
he ain't no Bret Favre.:doh:But He's not bad..

Duke41 09-08-2008 05:24 AM

all over Americas fantasy league members are crying...No Brady...no big year for Moss. Ouch!!

Hooper 09-08-2008 05:48 AM

As a fan of the game, I hope this isn't true. Brady is a tough guy, he'll be back out there if it is possible.

plankton 09-08-2008 07:22 AM

We might not be that bad, Cassell looked okay, and with that offensive line and such talented receivers were still gonna be a tough team, and once the kid gets a few more games under his belt I think he'll get a lot better, remember, Brady was a nobody before he got his shot, and if for some reason Cassell can't handle it, there's only one name I can think of, Drew Bledsoe, you heard it hear first!!!

ProfessorM 09-08-2008 08:02 AM

In Bill we trust jinxed him. He was not listed on the injury report this week. Good to go. First time in like 58 straight weeks we was not on the list and look what happened.

striperman36 09-08-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 618518)
In Bill we trust jinxed him. He was not listed on the injury report this week. Good to go. First time in like 58 straight weeks we was not on the list and look what happened.

GISELLED

Andy D 09-08-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 618518)

I thought the same thing when I heard that last week.
Bill Jinxed him bigtime.

Slipknot 09-08-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy D (Post 618534)
I thought the same thing when I heard that last week.
Bill Jinxed him bigtime.

WRONG

the friggin talk shows jinxed him bigtime with all that talk in preseason like what if Brady goes down? cassell won't be able to get the job done, who they gonna get, how many games can they win without brady blah blah blah blah

they put the whammie on him :af::af::lossinit::lossinit:

The Dad Fisherman 09-08-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumifish (Post 618462)
hey guys!!

the giants are looking for a few good fans!!! :biglaugh:

Why, so they can replace the ones they got?

RIROCKHOUND 09-08-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 618535)
WRONG

the friggin talk shows jinxed him bigtime with all that talk in preseason like what if Brady goes down? cassell won't be able to get the job done, who they gonna get, how many games can they win without brady blah blah blah blah

And if you believe that, I'll tell you that YOUR cheering helps them win :lm::faga:

not a pats fan, but never ever want to see anyone go down. Had to watch McNabb go down a few times. Always sucks@

beaver 09-08-2008 11:11 AM

I'm not willing to give up on Cassel (yet). Only time will tell though. For what its worth he might be the best back-up QB ever (behind Palmer and Leinhart at USC and behind Brady in NE). Hoping he has some talent that we didn't see in preseason. For a team that has been QB-driven for the past 8 yrs, the running game looked pretty decent yesterday. I think the secondary is definitely a concern. O'Neal looked pretty good, but Ellis Hobbs is a pretty awful cover man if you ask me. Good return guy though.

late-start 09-08-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 618535)
WRONG

I was thinking the same exact thing; damn Felger!!!

fishbones 09-08-2008 12:07 PM

I remember a few years ago when Drew Bledsoe got hurt, there were people ready to give up on the Pats. Then some unknown backup took over and did pretty well. Maybe the Pats will catch lightning in a bottle again and Cassell will do o.k. I'm certainly not giving up on the season if Brady's not coming back.

Andy D 09-08-2008 12:37 PM

The real test for Cassell will be ateam witha legitamit defense not the Chiefs . I am not a Pat fan but as someone else said I do not want see Brady or any player suffer an injury like that. I was curious to see how they rebounded after their Super Bowl defeat.

The Dad Fisherman 09-08-2008 01:01 PM

If Trent Dilfer can win a superbowl...anybody can.

Goona be an interesting season to say the least

late-start 09-08-2008 02:06 PM

yup on the injured reserve and out for the season

striperman36 09-08-2008 02:27 PM

GIZELLED !!!!!! SHE IS BAD KARMA. SEND HER BACK TO THE JUNGLE!!!

Mike P 09-08-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 618626)

Goona be an interesting season to say the least

What won the Superbowl was the Ravens' defense ;)

plankton 09-08-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 618626)

Exactly what i was gonna say, as long as Cassell doesn't make too many big mistakes then our offense should be fine, probably won't sweep the regular season, but that didn't get us anywhere last year anyway, I'm more concerned with our porous secondary, they did okay against the Chiefs young starter, but Damon Huard (former Patriot) gave them some trouble and almost tied the game at the end, can't blame them for losing Asante, but they should have signed Gay, not a great player but decent, and at least he knew our system, interested to see how we fare against Favre and the Jets next week, at least we've got a fairly weak schedule this year.