Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Bill -n- Juls Guide Service (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What a Week!!! TUNA, Bass, Flounder!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=49981)

Fisherwoman 06-20-2008 06:59 PM

What a Week!!! TUNA, Bass, Flounder!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it was one hell of a week this week, I had my Mom & Dad here from PA and we had quite a good week of fishing.

Monday started off a little on the slow side in Boston harbor, the weather and seas were pretty sloppy so we worked hard for some live bait and then we started fishing, it was a real slow day as we ended with only 2 Striped Bass just around keeper size.

Tuesday we decided to go for some Flounder as that is moms favorite eating fish and we did well with a nice limit of flounder and some good size ones too, only problem was we never took any freakin pictures as we were tired when we got in from our trip at the dock and wanted to get the fish filleted and get home from our trip.

Wed turned out awesome, we worked a little for the bait. as we got into quite a few schools of fresh fish moving in and they were bustin outside the harbor and the birds were working big time, at 1st I thought it was all bait because I did not see any fish busting the surface but we ended up getting 4 schoolie bass on the sabiki rigs as we were trolling for the bait. We decided to move out to deeper water to get away from the small fish as they would end up rippin up the bait and we were looking for big fish. Well 15 min after we moved we caught 3 fish in a row, one fish was around 20 lbs and really fat so we kept that fish, then the next 2 fish were a 28 lber and a fish a bit smaller than the 20 lber so we thru it back. Then the bite got quiet so we ended up moving a bit more north and were rewarded with 4 more fish the 2 of them 30 lbers and the other 2 were in the low 20lb size.

Thursday we had a good weather break for wind and we wanted to get them out for some Tuna fishing and to see some whales. We got to the bank at around 5 in the morning and the sun was just coming up so we had high expectations that turned out to be pretty quiet for a while. We were marking tuna, saw a few whales, had bait around so we were in the game, now we just needed them to eat. It was gettin late in the day and we wanted to be heading back in my 1:30 at the latest as they were calling for thunderstorms. Well everbody was a little lazy on the boat, tuna wishing when all of a sudden BANG!!!!!!!!!!!! ZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNG
Fish ON!!!!! We put my dad on the rod and he fought the fish for around 25 min. he eded up catching his 1st Bluefin Tuna. The fish was 62 inches and weighed around 160 lbs. The funny part was the fish took a deep diver and it was on the lightest rod on the boat, which was a stand up 30 with 40 lb test line. It was a tough fight but he hung in there and we got the fish on the deck.

It was a great week and I was glad I was able to share it with my mom and dad. Its really great when things come together and timing is everything!!!!

You can check out the pictures in the photo section of our site at www.billandjulsfishing.com

Squid kids Dad 06-20-2008 07:52 PM

Julles..Glad you had a great time with mom and dad..Cherish the memories..Hope you have plenty more...:jump:

Fisherwoman 06-21-2008 05:14 AM

Thanks Buddy, it was a great time, you never know if you will get the next opportunity, You gotta live for today my freind.

mekcotuit 06-24-2008 08:30 AM

Jules -

Good times and great pics! Your dad must have been just thrilled! :kewl:
Mary Ellen

Slingah 06-24-2008 01:05 PM

good stuff Jules and nice photos...:kewl:

Fisherwoman 06-24-2008 06:32 PM

Thanks guys and Gals, it was a really great week and an awesome tuna day!!! Dad was wrecked for days physically but still says he is the best Tuna fisherman ever!!!!