Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   "tapped out"? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83652)

Jenn 09-22-2013 07:20 PM

"tapped out"?

I dunno....is it possible to have had tried so many different beers that you palate finally says "meh"? I usually buy something different most the time and the last 4-5 six packs niether the man or I cared for them. It happens on occasion or one of us likes or dislikes (or vice versa) but this many in a row for both of us has me wondering.......

:buds:

PRBuzz 09-22-2013 07:21 PM

Find a different package store! Blasphemy

JohnnySaxatilis 09-22-2013 07:36 PM

I hear ya. sometimes you gotta just get a case of rediculously cold bud light 16oz aluminum bottles and be done with it :)

Jenn 09-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis (Post 1014734)
I hear ya. sometimes you gotta just get a case of rediculously cold bud light 16oz aluminum bottles and be done with it :)

yeah...actually had a bud light last night simply because it was a leftover from a party and I figured "why not, everything tastes meh to me lately anyway". Right now drinking what I would normally consider a nice brown ale and still feeling bored with it.

The Dad Fisherman 09-25-2013 07:17 PM

Try enjoying some scotches,or some of the higher end tequilas for a bit.....I was into the different vodkas for awhile and didn't touch beers for a solid year......then got back into them again
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete_G 09-26-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn (Post 1015120)
yeah...actually had a bud light last night simply because it was a leftover from a party and I figured "why not, everything tastes meh to me lately anyway". Right now drinking what I would normally consider a nice brown ale and still feeling bored with it.

I don't think I'm bored... but I know what I really like after all these years of "testing".

I've bought beers recently that I tried and loved a few years ago, but have since had something even better. Which reset my standards making a former really good beer, not quite so good.

Kind of like having Sam Adams for the first time after only ever knowing Budweiser. I have a Sam Adams Boston Lager now, and it's still good, I'm just not particularly impressed by it anymore.

I too support an occasional palate reset with some Budweiser... helps keep things in perspective.

Clogston29 09-26-2013 02:55 PM

market is pretty saturated, and there's lots of average at best beers being passed off as something better than it is.

bobber 10-01-2013 05:10 PM

^^ what he said....

and I like coors light:confused: