Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Hilarys emails (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94108)

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 09:03 AM

Hilarys emails

yes, that again.

Is this a new revelation, or did we know this? If it's true, and I'm not saying it is yet...but if it is, is this a nothingburger? Doesn't sound like it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...real-time.html

spence 08-29-2018 09:11 AM

Look, over there...shiny!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1149896)
Look, over there...shiny!

So you don't think it's significant that China had all the emails off her server, at least some of which we know, had sensitive material on them?

Liberal=good, always, no exceptions, not ever.

Some of us can talk about this, and also be critical of Trump at the same time. I bet you can walk and chew gum at the same time, too. This wasn't a distraction, the beauty of not fanatically clinging to one ideology or the other, is I can look at all the news on its merits with an open mind. I voted for Trump. That doesn't mean that every time he gets bad press, I try to deflect to something bad that a democrat did. One has nothing to do with the other.

scottw 08-29-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1149899)
So you don't think it's significant that China had all the emails off her server, at least some of which we know, had sensitive material on them?

the clintons have been colluding with the communist chinese for a LONG time

Slipknot 08-29-2018 10:10 AM

No spence, it is not a Pokemon

This is just more exposure of the corruption in our government to cover things up or at least try to. Where is the justice? Oh I know where, they are trying to invent crimes since they found zero evidence of collusion. If that does not alarm even Democrats, then we are really screwed.

The Dad Fisherman 08-29-2018 10:33 AM

So they set up Hillary's mail server as a mail relay....that is just priceless.

spence 08-29-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1149899)

Jim, what makes you think this story has even a shred of truth to it? The Fox link offers no evidence other than citing the Daily Caller which is one of the least trustworthy right wing tabloids out there. Further you have a president who will say ANYTHING to discredit or distract from his own problems.

It’s like you just desire so much the story to be true you’ll believe anything put before you.

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1149904)
Jim, what makes you think this story has even a shred of truth to it? The Fox link offers no evidence other than citing the Daily Caller which is one of the least trustworthy right wing tabloids out there. Further you have a president who will say ANYTHING to discredit or distract from his own problems.

It’s like you just desire so much the story to be true you’ll believe anything put before you.

"makes you think this story has even a shred of truth to it?"

Because it didn't come from the New York Times.

Here's a better question.,..what makes you think it's fabricated? The answer, is that in your view, nothing that's critical of the left, can ever be valid on its face. Never.

"Further you have a president who will say ANYTHING to discredit or distract from his own problems."

You're saying Trump made this up and fed it to the media?

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1149903)
So they set up Hillary's mail server as a mail relay....that is just priceless.

I'll leave it to subject matter experts like you to talk about how reckless this was...

spence 08-29-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1149905)
"makes you think this story has even a shred of truth to it?"

Because it didn't come from the New York Times.

Here's a better question.,..what makes you think it's fabricated? The answer, is that in your view, nothing that's critical of the left, can ever be valid on its face. Never.

"Further you have a president who will say ANYTHING to discredit or distract from his own problems."

You're saying Trump made this up and fed it to the media?

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if most of the story is completely fabricated to give Trump some twitter fodder and to stir the pot. So the FBI knew all along and lied for no reason? You believe this crap?

Pete F. 08-29-2018 11:00 AM

Interesting that the Daily Caller bases this on anonymous sources
Wasn't that a Trump tweet yesterday?

When you see “anonymous source,” stop reading the story, it is fiction!

18,767 replies 16,381 retweets 57,401 likes
Reply 19K Retweet 16K Like 57K
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
3h3 hours ago
More
“Anonymous Sources are really starting to BURN the media.” @FoxNews The fact is that many anonymous sources don’t even exist. They are fiction made up by the Fake News reporters. Look at the lie that Fake CNN is now in. They got caught red handed! Enemy of the People!

11,140 replies 15,559 retweets 50,913 likes
Reply 11K Retweet 16K Like 51K

spence 08-29-2018 11:08 AM

Anonymous sources can be fine as long as journalistic practices are followed like you’ll get with the NYtimes. The tabloids don’t give a crap about this though. They write whatever they want then Fox reports on the story like its news. This is how they launder the fake crap...and Jim can’t help but take the bait.

Slipknot 08-29-2018 11:31 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyvIrslqW4

It came out a month ago during cross examining of Strzok

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-server-report

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1149907)
It wouldn’t surprise me at all if most of the story is completely fabricated to give Trump some twitter fodder and to stir the pot. So the FBI knew all along and lied for no reason? You believe this crap?

At least one high level agent who was on the Hilary email team, was, shall we say, rooting for her.

spence 08-29-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1149914)
At least one high level agent who was on the Hilary email team, was, shall we say, rooting for her.

And the IG found nothing that influenced his duty...

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1149919)
And the IG found nothing that influenced his duty...

Not sure how you prove that, unless he leaves a document that says "I should do X, but because I hate Trump, I'll do Y".

And he got fired, so there's that.

Pete F. 08-29-2018 01:01 PM

So the thought is that in order to influence the election for Hillary, the FBI:
1. Weeks prior to the election announced that they were again investigating Hillarys emails
2. Kept the Steele report and the subsequent investigation secret
3. Andrew McCabe leaked the Clinton Foundation probe to the WSJ

Pete F. 08-29-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1149908)
Interesting that the Daily Caller bases this on anonymous sources
Wasn't that a Trump tweet yesterday?

When you see “anonymous source,” stop reading the story, it is fiction!

18,767 replies 16,381 retweets 57,401 likes
Reply 19K Retweet 16K Like 57K
Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
3h3 hours ago
More
“Anonymous Sources are really starting to BURN the media.” @FoxNews The fact is that many anonymous sources don’t even exist. They are fiction made up by the Fake News reporters. Look at the lie that Fake CNN is now in. They got caught red handed! Enemy of the People!

11,140 replies 15,559 retweets 50,913 likes
Reply 11K Retweet 16K Like 51K

Sources told the Daily Caller News Foundation that a Chinese-state owned firm located in the Washington, D.C., area had access to Clinton's emails in real time courtesy of a code embedded in the New York-based server which then made copies of the emails, some of which contained classified information.

The name of the company has not be disclosed. “We do know the name of the company. There are indications there are other ‘cutouts’ that were involved. I would be in a lot of trouble if I gave you the name,” an unnamed former intelligence officer told the outlet.

scottw 08-29-2018 01:49 PM

Pete's responding to his own posts now...good grief:rotf2:

PaulS 08-29-2018 02:01 PM

Sixteen hours after President Trump tweeted about a right-wing media story alleging that China hacked Hillary Clinton's private email server, an FBI official is refuting the report in a comment to NBC News.

"The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised," the official said.

It's the latest example of the widening breach between a president who traffics in unverified news accounts and the law enforcement agencies he frequently maligns.

Pete F. 08-29-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1149924)
Pete's responding to his own posts now...good grief:rotf2:

No, I just find it interesting that Trump in the same day tweets about the evils of anonymous sources and cites a news article that uses them as the basis of a claim.
Of course when it fits your con game, I mean story...........

The Dad Fisherman 08-29-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1149925)
"The FBI has not found any evidence the (Clinton) servers were compromised," the official said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hack...er-hack-2016-9

"Forensic analysis noted that on January 5, 2013, three IP addresses matching known Tor exit nodes were observed accessing" the account, meaning that an attacker using the Tor service — which encrypts and hides a person's online presence — logged in and browsed emails, folders, and attachments. The FBI was unable to determine who the attacker was."

wdmso 08-29-2018 03:30 PM

Whats the point of the thread other than to deflect from Trump's issues ?? and now this story magically appears .... minus the emails to funny

Last time I checked she wasn't the POTUS

scottw 08-29-2018 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=wdmso;1149929]

[/QUOTE

:rotflmao::kewl::claps::banano::wiggle::rotflmao:

spence 08-29-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1149920)
Not sure how you prove that, unless he leaves a document that says "I should do X, but because I hate Trump, I'll do Y".

And he got fired, so there's that.

They looked at what his assignment was and the work he did. Found nothing to suggest he wasn’t impartial in his work.

spence 08-29-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1149928)
https://www.businessinsider.com/hack...er-hack-2016-9

"Forensic analysis noted that on January 5, 2013, three IP addresses matching known Tor exit nodes were observed accessing" the account, meaning that an attacker using the Tor service — which encrypts and hides a person's online presence — logged in and browsed emails, folders, and attachments. The FBI was unable to determine who the attacker was."

That’s a Bill Clinton staffer’s account. FBI position seems pretty clear on Clinton.

The Dad Fisherman 08-29-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1149937)
That’s a Bill Clinton staffer’s account. FBI position seems pretty clear on Clinton.

Statement was made that her server wasn’t hacked, that account was on her server, and it was hacked

spence 08-29-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1149938)
Statement was made that her server wasn’t hacked, that account was on her server, and it was hacked

I think you’re getting caught up in sementics.

Jim in CT 08-29-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1149929)
Whats the point of the thread other than to deflect from Trump's issues ?? and now this story magically appears .... minus the emails to funny

the point, as i stated, was to ask if this was new info, and to get opinions. it doesn’t take away anyone ability to bash trump.

spence 08-29-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1149940)
the point, as i stated, was to ask if this was new info, and to get opinions. it doesn’t take away anyone ability to bash trump.

There’s a lot of new info, just no evidence to back any of it up.